Official Bleach Discussion Forum
Jezzman
Peon
Peon

Improvements for a Bleach game

Postby Jezzman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:36 am

I've got a few "simple" adjustements that would've greatly improved the game:

1) Use clips from the anime:
Bleach's anime is what it's all about. Instead of letting a boring narrator explain the situation, you could use some clips from the anime, wich would also improve the drama of the moment. Now you just get jumped from one part to the other, without a real "goal/motivation".

2) Start from shikai:
This one explains itself really, always running around in bankai ain't right. The improvement of your character would be way more drastic. Now, the moment you ignite you are "a little stronger". But if you could go from normal state to bankai, you should have twice the power and (p)own for a limited time. (Still this is just a suggestion, I don't know the outcome of it)

3) Character cast:
The number of characters that are playable is "OKAY", not great, but not bad either.
However I would've picked other characters to be playable in this game. For example, where are Chad and Renji? Being able to hear "howl, Zabimaru" would've been more satisfying than playing with Nnoitra or Soi fong for that matter.
Even his attacks match up. Ignite to bankai --> ignition attack: Baboon Bone Cannon.
Why he wasn't playable was a mystery to me...

4) More attacks:
You should be able to unlock more combos or special abilities, through the leveling-grid. After a while you understand how to play every character because they're all quite similar in style of attacking. (Square= cutting, Circle = special, Triangle = magic)

5)Furthermore:
A few minor remarks, like "empty" surroundings, same enemies, ... I'm not gonna explain them, people who've got the game, know the let-downs and good and worse parts of the game.

As a conclusion I would like to state:

I knew perfectly well of these flaws before I bought the game. But I felt I had to purchase this, because I'm a fan of Bleach and this might be the first (and maybe last) game coming to Europe. So I had to have it in my collection. Personally I think there's way more to gain from a Bleach game.

I wouldn't go with the mindless, hack-and-slash genre. But morely make it some kind of free roam RPG with hack-and-slash elements. You're character would have to develop from a lv1 greenhorn to (dunno, why not) a lv99 shinigami master and perform some sort of quests. Throughout it all you may encounter familiar faces (ichigo, renji, ishida, rukia, chad, the 13 protection squad captains).
You could perform all kinds of quest (finding an item in a place with lots of monsters, killing lots of monsters, i don't know, i'm not gonna think of details of a game wich won't be produced anyway)

RECAP:

Your game could be a lot better, but I don't blame you anything. I just hope a possible sequel will be better.
And now I bid you farewell! :)

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Improvements for a Bleach game

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 am

I would like to point out if you're directing this at NISA, they're not the ones who actually made the game, they simply did the localising and publishing to bring over.
They're valid criticisms, but the people here can't do anything constructive about it. :P
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

SoulRin
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby SoulRin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Most of what you said has been said several times
oh yea. imma ninja
PSN: dezmon97

madgypsy
Peon
Peon

Postby madgypsy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

first....who would we send our suggestions and feedback to?

second....I don't know if anyone has already said this, but I would love to see a custom character creation option in the future.....I played alot of the Dynasty Warriors games, and my favorite thing about some of the older ones was that you could create your own character. I think it adds to the game, and how cool would it be to make your own Shinigami!?

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 am

madgypsy wrote:first....who would we send our suggestions and feedback to?

That'd be the developers of the game, which was Sony Computer Entertainment (Inc.) of all people.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Ringwraith wrote:

That'd be the developers of the game, which was Sony Computer Entertainment (Inc.) of all people.

Actually I believe it was Racjin with Sony just publishing the game for Japan. Maybe Sony might have had some part of the development, but not very much.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:

Actually I believe it was Racjin with Sony just publishing the game for Japan. Maybe Sony might have had some part of the development, but not very much.

I was just running off what I could find that listed the developer of it, NISA's site being one of them.

kotakoni
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kotakoni » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:07 am

everything except soifon

Return to “Bleach: Soul Resurrección”