BRS anime (2012)

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Empty Overture
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6915
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: [Dreaming of a Moment's Reprieve]

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Empty Overture » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 am

Haven't checked out this anime yet, but planning on it when I finish everything else I'm watching.

By the way, in regards to people trying to hunt down the OVA. I got my copy when I got my Black Rock Shooter Nendoroid. Just saying~ Not sure if all BRS Nendo's come with one (though I kinda want a Dead Master, but my Figma of her is good enough.)

User avatar
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Shizuka » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 am

LAMV wrote:
Shizuka wrote:For you. In that regard, everything you said is debatable.


And everything you said earlier is opinions, too. Funny how that works.

Of course, or else I wouldn't have said the word "my". If you look close enough, I always use the words to show my opinions are, indeed, opinions.

User avatar
Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: sitting with Remilia and Flan

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Poison Frost » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:35 pm

So the final episode aired yesterday...thoughts anybody? Anyone thinking there could be a second season?
Image
Image
Image

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6262
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby myskaros » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:07 am

Spoiler:
Meh. I was waiting for all the girls to merge with the denizens and stop IBRS/Matou together, not just all stand there silently. I think I prefer the premise of the OVA more than this series. The whole "we are created and fight for your feelings in another world!" thing was kind of confusing and not all that interesting.

User avatar
Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: sitting with Remilia and Flan

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Poison Frost » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:36 pm

myskaros wrote:
Spoiler:
Meh. I was waiting for all the girls to merge with the denizens and stop IBRS/Matou together, not just all stand there silently. I think I prefer the premise of the OVA more than this series. The whole "we are created and fight for your feelings in another world!" thing was kind of confusing and not all that interesting.

Spoiler:
yeah I actually was thinking the same thing. When they all just came out riding on their...colorful worms? I was like, "...okay sure why not." In my opinion, I think both the OVA and the anime series had their own things going for them. I just prefer the anime because 1) It was longer thus more awesome fight scenes and 2) It explained a lot more (connects to 1 obviously) Was it really "fight for your feelings" though? I thought they fought in the other world so as to lessen the pain of reality. IDK, the idea could use a little work...
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Unit450
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Unit450 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Poison Frost wrote:So the final episode aired yesterday... Thoughts anybody? Anyone thinking there could be a second season?


Spoiler:
Really liked it! First of all have to admit that I felt that it was awesome that Black Gold Saw(a character I've started to really enjoy) did not end up being the series' ultimate antagonist, that role being given to the Insane BRS persona; but more of the Otherworld's(or Real Yuu's Haven) maintaner(why BGS has all seeing eyes in the sky makes a lot more sense to me finally) that was trying to keep BRS's potential harm to it contained.
Also liked the next part of the series that dealt with Saya's relationship to STRength and Yuu, at first I was content to just hate the Saya character as the provoking antagonist, but the 'surprise'(others who watched this show probably caught this easily, but I was blindsided still) of what she was doing was to try and rehabilitate her friend; Real Yuu. By 'protecting' her haven from people while trying to dealing with her trauma(although it most likely backfired when it seems Yuu came to depend on the Otherworld) was different and unexpected. Plus felt this was a good way to sate my personal frustration from the lack of screentime of BGS and STRength in the OVA.

There were a few things that stuck out for not making sense, like Real Yuu easily integrating back into society(as well that she didn't seem to age in the Otherworld, although I guess that a side effect of switching bodies with STRength) even though she had been gone for years; maybe a decade maybe even. Though it's probably a unfortunate result of the series being only eight episodes long, the epilogue for the series had to be rushed a bit and there are a few plot holes such as this.

Myself I don't think there'll be a second season to this series(might be a bit forced, but I think episode eight does end the series I think), but as BRS is a merchandise pusher(a willing victim myself since I'm collecting most of the Figma toys) the possibility is always there for one of the show's producers to try for more. I'd actually prefer it if they maybe tried a similar series adaptation to that Innocent Soul(? think that's the title of it) manga, or the parody Black Rock-Chan manga.

Still I'm stoked for June for my Figma IBRS. Not only that, but it seems there's actually still a good chance that the japanese blu-ray boxset will have subtitles; so I don't have to worry about double-dipping this series for now!

User avatar
Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: sitting with Remilia and Flan

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Poison Frost » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Unit450 wrote:
Spoiler:
Really liked it! First of all have to admit that I felt that it was awesome that Black Gold Saw(a character I've started to really enjoy) did not end up being the series' ultimate antagonist, that role being given to the Insane BRS persona; but more of the Otherworld's(or Real Yuu's Haven) maintaner(why BGS has all seeing eyes in the sky makes a lot more sense to me finally) that was trying to keep BRS's potential harm to it contained.
Also liked the next part of the series that dealt with Saya's relationship to STRength and Yuu, at first I was content to just hate the Saya character as the provoking antagonist, but the 'surprise'(others who watched this show probably caught this easily, but I was blindsided still) of what she was doing was to try and rehabilitate her friend; Real Yuu. By 'protecting' her haven from people while trying to dealing with her trauma(although it most likely backfired when it seems Yuu came to depend on the Otherworld) was different and unexpected. Plus felt this was a good way to sate my personal frustration from the lack of screentime of BGS and STRength in the OVA.

There were a few things that stuck out for not making sense, like Real Yuu easily integrating back into society(as well that she didn't seem to age in the Otherworld, although I guess that a side effect of switching bodies with STRength) even though she had been gone for years; maybe a decade maybe even. Though it's probably a unfortunate result of the series being only eight episodes long, the epilogue for the series had to be rushed a bit and there are a few plot holes such as this.

Myself I don't think there'll be a second season to this series(might be a bit forced, but I think episode eight does end the series I think), but as BRS is a merchandise pusher(a willing victim myself since I'm collecting most of the Figma toys) the possibility is always there for one of the show's producers to try for more. I'd actually prefer it if they maybe tried a similar series adaptation to that Innocent Soul(? think that's the title of it) manga, or the parody Black Rock-Chan manga.

Still I'm stoked for June for my Figma IBRS. Not only that, but it seems there's actually still a good chance that the japanese blu-ray boxset will have subtitles; so I don't have to worry about double-dipping this series for now!

Spoiler:
I didn't really like BGS AT ALL! I mean after you find out she is a good character then I was like, "Oh okay...I understand" but up until then I thought she was this HUGE b*tch that just needed to get her head caved in. Even when I did find out though and she was fighting IBRS I was laughing the whole time. Just the fact that she CUT OFF BRS's arm and she THREW that back at her and proceeded to tear off HER arm and use HER sword...god...IBRS why are you so damn funny? I like her now though, at least her otherworld form, Saya can go die for all I care...In any case I thought it was kind of weird how real Yuu was complaining about feeling pain in the otherworld when she would feel pain in the real world too, she's just a little...terd that needs to shut up. Making IBRS the final antagonist though I could understand...I just wish she would be a re-occuring character because she's SO DAMN AWESOME! I think though that this could get a second season, they haven't introduced some characters from the artist's website and Black Rock Shooter Beast hasn't shown up yet...plus IBRS needs more screentime :3


You actually got the IBRS figma? Dude tell me how it is when you get it XD If the DVD boxset does really have subtitles...I'm ordering it...because I need BRSB figma.

I've read both Innocent Soul and Black Rock-chan. I think Innocent Soul could actually go somewhere, there's a lot of potential in it. Black Rock-chan...let's just say I'd love to see that, the manga is so funny I just couldn't help but forget it's parent anime's rather SERIOUS overtones...
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Unit450
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Unit450 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 am

Poison Frost wrote:
Spoiler:
I didn't really like BGS AT ALL! I mean after you find out she is a good character then I was like, "Oh okay... I understand" but up until then I thought she was this HUGE b*tch that just needed to get her head caved in. Even when I did find out though and she was fighting IBRS I was laughing the whole time. Just the fact that she CUT OFF BRS's arm and she THREW that back at her and proceeded to tear off HER arm and use HER sword... God... IBRS why are you so damn funny? I like her now though, at least her otherworld form, Saya can go die for all I care... In any case I thought it was kind of weird how real Yuu was complaining about feeling pain in the otherworld when she would feel pain in the real world too, she's just a little...terd that needs to shut up. Making IBRS the final antagonist though I could understand...I just wish she would be a re-occuring character because she's SO DAMN AWESOME! I think though that this could get a second season, they haven't introduced some characters from the artist's website and Black Rock Shooter Beast hasn't shown up yet...plus IBRS needs more screentime :3


You actually got the IBRS figma? Dude tell me how it is when you get it XD If the DVD boxset does really have subtitles... I'm ordering it... because I need BRSB figma.

I've read both Innocent Soul and Black Rock-chan. I think Innocent Soul could actually go somewhere, there's a lot of potential in it. Black Rock-chan... let's just say I'd love to see that, the manga is so funny I just couldn't help but forget it's parent anime's rather SERIOUS overtones...


Spoiler:
Yeah while I think it was a refreshing change of pace to have BGS as a sorta good character(since most of her 'good' deeds is just an effect of what she/Saya are doing for Real Yuu), I actually would like BGS to return to the antagonist role if a second season shows up later. Since so far Saya and BGS hasn't had some kind of breakdown like the other characters(as far as we know...), so the idea of an Insane Black Gold Saw sends chills down my spine that I like.
Real Yuu talking about her pain was I thought mostly how she actually never wants to leave the Otherworld, that she'd rather deal with the pain of remaining in the Otherworld(basically remaining a loner, and fighting all the other mental voodoo dolls that come along.) Than deal with the pain from interacting with other people in the Real World. Still I'd like to see more of IBRS as well, but BRS Beast is from the game; so it'd probably wouldn't show up outside an adaptation for the game(though keep your fingers crossed like me, that a movie happens based on the game!)


Oh yeah! Pre-ordered one of the blu-ray sets for myself right after it was announced that IBRS was the bonus Figma being included in the boxsets. Will post a pic or two of the figure, and confirm the subtitles on here(already doing this for a few friends that are waiting on picking up sets for themselves.) Unfortunately not a lot of hope for subtitles on the DVD boxsets, since they're listed as being Region 2 discs which only work in Japan and Europe mostly; think they're on the blu-rays only since the discs are usually region-free and throwing in the NicoNico english subtitles wouldn't be too hard for Aniplex Japan.

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Episode 2 was great ~

I loved the atmosphere throughout, and I am really interested to see where this goes ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: sitting with Remilia and Flan

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Poison Frost » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Unit450 wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah while I think it was a refreshing change of pace to have BGS as a sorta good character(since most of her 'good' deeds is just an effect of what she/Saya are doing for Real Yuu), I actually would like BGS to return to the antagonist role if a second season shows up later. Since so far Saya and BGS hasn't had some kind of breakdown like the other characters(as far as we know...), so the idea of an Insane Black Gold Saw sends chills down my spine that I like.
Real Yuu talking about her pain was I thought mostly how she actually never wants to leave the Otherworld, that she'd rather deal with the pain of remaining in the Otherworld(basically remaining a loner, and fighting all the other mental voodoo dolls that come along.) Than deal with the pain from interacting with other people in the Real World. Still I'd like to see more of IBRS as well, but BRS Beast is from the game; so it'd probably wouldn't show up outside an adaptation for the game(though keep your fingers crossed like me, that a movie happens based on the game!)


Oh yeah! Pre-ordered one of the blu-ray sets for myself right after it was announced that IBRS was the bonus Figma being included in the boxsets. Will post a pic or two of the figure, and confirm the subtitles on here(already doing this for a few friends that are waiting on picking up sets for themselves.) Unfortunately not a lot of hope for subtitles on the DVD boxsets, since they're listed as being Region 2 discs which only work in Japan and Europe mostly; think they're on the blu-rays only since the discs are usually region-free and throwing in the NicoNico english subtitles wouldn't be too hard for Aniplex Japan.


Spoiler:
...Insane Black Gold Saw...now if you got THAT and then put THAT against Insane Black Rock Shooter O.O Oh god I want to see that SOMEONE MAKE IT! Just the amount of PURE bad ass fighting there would be in that fight...it really does send a chill down one's spine. Oh, I didn't know BRSB was from the game, I saw her on top the original artist's wiki page so I just assumed it was a creation that never got used yet in the animation OR the game, AH~ That's right the figure came with the artbook, this whole time I thought it came with the anime box set (non-bluray) :3


Yeah tell me because in all honesty I wouldn't mind having Anime w/o subtitles (it'd be good training) but I like to understand MOST of what I'm watching. Though that makes me wonder, can you manipulate store bought DVDs to include subtitles? o.O As in throw it into a app such as iMovie or Sony Vegas and just slap on some subtitles?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 970
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Obake » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Just caught up on 5-8, finishing it off.

It was a whole lot better after I gave up trying to understand it and just enjoyed the visual spectacle.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:18 am
Location: Rocking out to Vocaloid

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Tokiko » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:52 am

I'm already kinda hoping that it gets a second season, at least in some way shape or form, would be neat to see them do whole new Alternate selves since they already did Strength, Death Master, BGS, etc. and kinda resolved it all, that or at least some OVAs for the series :P

As for the premise as super confusing as it was it didnt seem all that terribly hard to understand it all but at the same time I think they could have made it at least a little more straightforward. That and kinda explaining why Yuu/Strength never seemed to age while BGS/(I forget her human countparts name >.<) age significantly, was kinda weird especially since they at least made the effort to explain everything else but that haha.
Image

User avatar
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Sheleigha » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm

I honestly didn`t find it all that hard to follow. Then again, the hardest of plots can be clear to me, where I can get lost in easy to follow plots. Go figure. Still, I enjoyed it! Not sure why everyone is thinking there needs to be a Season 2 or anything, it ended and had a full resolution. If anything, maybe yet another alternate take could work. White Rock Shooter wasn`t in it, but I`m not even sure how she fits into the storyline.

User avatar
Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: sitting with Remilia and Flan

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Poison Frost » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Sheleigha wrote:I honestly didn`t find it all that hard to follow. Then again, the hardest of plots can be clear to me, where I can get lost in easy to follow plots. Go figure. Still, I enjoyed it! Not sure why everyone is thinking there needs to be a Season 2 or anything, it ended and had a full resolution. If anything, maybe yet another alternate take could work. White Rock Shooter wasn`t in it, but I`m not even sure how she fits into the storyline.

It's not so much that it NEEDS a second season, I just want one :3 I just want to see more IBRS and perhaps other characters made by the artist; I overall just LOVE Black Rock Shooter, so pretty much anything having to do with it will just blow me away, that's why I want a whole 'nother season of anime XD
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

Re: BRS anime (2012)

Postby Sheleigha » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Well I definately agree in wanting to see more! It's the type of show that can have a million different adaptations, but I wouldn't want it being overkill either! Also, I wouldn't doubt the sales of the show, knowing that it comes with a figma. Sooo hopefully more stuff will come out for it! A PS3 game would be awesome too!


Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests