- Some dialogue messages don't have punctuations, like periods, or have some other grammatical error like not capitalizing the first word in the sentence. Too numerous to cite examples.
- In the Item Screen, some categories still say "Item" instead of the category's name. Also, Regular should probably be renamed Consumables, Healing, or Medical. Maybe Consumables if more than just healing items will end up in Regular.
- Skill descriptions need some spaces.
Original: Attack stronger than usualREQ:10WST:0
Suggestion: Attack stronger than usual. REQ: 10 WST: 0
- Despite the fact that Nadore's attack skill says "WST: 0", it still drains his morale gauge.
- You can "sell" items on your crafting desk. Seemed kinda funny.
- If you exit out of selecting an item for "Gelmain," the kid acts as if you selected a wrong item. He should probably say something as if responding to your changing your mind.
- With the exception of Setsuka's, all the new weapons you find only adds +1 Attack. Not... going to help much, ya think? Good thing I didn't have to buy them or I'd be pissed.
- The victory tune still continues even after exiting the battle screen, eventually resulting into 5 seconds of silence while you're moving around the field screen before the field's BGM returns (you could even end up in another battle and the battle music won't start until the victory tune's time goes away). This is more the fault of the engine than yours, actually, but if there's some way you can stop the victory tune the moment you exit the battle screen and immediately return the field BGM (or whatever BGM was playing at the time), that'd be pretty cool.
- It's not that important or anything, but it would add a little more touch if there was an\ "you already learned it" message if you use the same science magazine twice.
- When you meet the gang of rats in front of the boss rat's room, there's one rat in the lower-right that has no text when you speak to it, even though you hear the sounds.
- In one of the item shops where you can either shop or ask the woman about her work, cancelling the choice acts as if I selected about her work. Cancel should let you exit the conversation or you should disable cancelling for that choice outright. I think there are similar instances like this.
+ Custom graphics and (I think) custom music. Nice.
+ In the scene in the mountain where Nadore and Enis are sitting on a bench, you can actually see their eyes looking toward the other with Nadore having a slightly nervous expression. I might just be imagining things, but still, nice touch. Most people would simply have the sprites in the default "face screen" position.
+ 8-directional movement, kinda makes traveling a little bit quicker. Movement is still tile-based, however, but I guess it can't be helped with this engine.
+ Certain dialogue choices like, "Oh, whatever", as well as the occassional Nadore monologue like "This is really awkward, I better think of a topic." It really feels like Nadore still has a personality despite being a silent protagonist.
Speaking of that scene, the conversation about the enemy flowers screamed FORESHADOWWWWWW. I think I have an idea what the twist in the story could be, but I'll keep my trap shut.
Also, is it possible to win against the "Mysterious Hobo"? He reamed my ass but the game still progressed to the next day.
Oh, and I guess I wasn't supposed to tell the guy about the sewers, according to the face thing... I'll remember that next time.
I also think there should be some narration or monologue or something about the encounter. Especially about the sudden face thing and all that stuff. It was like
"Oh wow, what's with the zombie du--"
"Oh hey sup, here's what you did today"
"Time for school!"
I'd like to say I'm exaggerating, but that's what it felt like. At least have Nadore feel weirded out that he's alive or realize that it was just a nightmare.