Problems with Steam Version

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
losian
New Vassal
New Vassal

Problems with Steam Version

Postby losian » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Hey!

So first off, I had quite a few issues exporting/importing BMPs, no matter if my palette was 10 colors, 16, or whatever else. Even had the proper 4bit format, tried saving out from Gimp, MSPaint, Photoschop CS3 and so forth, but none would import after exported and edited. Just a heads up.

What I'm realy posting about is the controls. I have a PS2 controller plugged in via adapter to USB and it doesn't recognize about half the buttons. I check the control panel and all buttons are registering, so it is just the game not picking up on them for some reason. I went out and bought a USB xbox controller to rule out my adapter as being the problem and I experience the same exact issue, so.. I'm at a loss. I can't bind buttons to attack or jump, so the game is controller unplayable sadly..

Any help?

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Problems with Steam Version

Postby Sultan Sigma » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 am

Sorry to hear about the issues, I am looking forward to getting the Steam Version as well. If I find an answer or someone who knows, I will keep you updated.

Lipucd
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lipucd » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:41 am

At first I didn't know what you meant, as I had been playing the Demo, and I was able to set my controls just fine. But then I noticed while in 'Controls' I can set every key just fine, 'Key Configure' on the other hand only takes the RIGHT hand side of any controler (and only the right most 3 buttons!). My PS2 pad's Square, L1/L2 buttons wouldn't be set no matter what I would try to do. Start and Select, Triangle, Circle and Cross, and R1/R2 worked OK though. I hope this gets looked into soon enough.

Greene
Majin
Majin

Postby Greene » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:33 am

It doesn't seem to recognize my Xbox 360 controller at all, which I find rather amusing, considering the game WAS a PSN exclusive. I think my USB NES controller is gonna be slightly inadequate for this game.

Also, I can't seem to exit the options menu. The only way I've found to leave it after saving some settings is to close the game and restart it. I've only got the demo so far, maybe the full version is different? I think I tried pressing every button on my keyboard.
All is for my lord. Hail Lord Arfoire!
Disgaea 4 & 3AoD JSFPS!
Disgaea JTSRPG Squad: Fenrich

PSN: Infusion07

tails_night
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby tails_night » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:26 am

My version keeps crashing during character creation... like right when I hit the sprite screen.

Lipucd
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lipucd » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:54 am

tails_night wrote:My version keeps crashing during character creation... like right when I hit the sprite screen.

What's your video card? More less what video settings is the game running under?
I've heard a few people having issues like this, but never anything to tell me if they even meet the minanum requirements or not. I somehow have a hunch though you are using ATI.

losian
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby losian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Well, I'm glad it isn't just me, at least, that's slightly comforting! The funny thing is when I first started the game it was using those buttons I just wanted to remap them to be better suited to my controller, but am unable to do so, and now I don't even have an attack button :|

I sent a support request, but who knows. Considering others have the issue and windows registers the buttons fine in the joypad settings, it seems the key config dialogue in Cladunx2 is borked! I even went out and bought an Xbox360 USB controller, since I'm using a PS2 via adapter, to be safe, and it had the exact same issue.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:33 pm

I'll start looking at the issues people are having here and in our support cases and try to compile a list of issues to send to Japan. Unfortunately, since we don't have any tech staff or ability to test the game on individual hardware setups, we're gonna have to rely on the Japanese devs to look into things, which will likely increase the delay in response time.

losian
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby losian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks for the reply Houk!

I should think it'd at least be an easy fix and, considering many other people see the same issue, hopefully easy to reproduce and narrow down. It just isn't taking input for a few buttons even though Windows recognizes the buttons being pressed, so it's not the controller itself! And it happens for me with a PS2-USB controller as well as a straight USB XBOX360 controller, so I don't think it's an issue too specific to my system.

I'll try with mouse and keyboard for now and see if that'll do for the time being!

losian
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby losian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Holy crap! So being stubborn and such as I am I just kept fighting and fiddling with it and may have stumbled onto something!

if you can't map some keys of your joypad go into your Cladunx2 folder \Steam\steamapps\common\ClaDun x2

There should be a pad.cfg, just on a whim I opened it but it was gibberish, probably hex or something else so no dice on manual reconfiguration.. but then I renamed it, hoping maybe it'd at least get me back to some decent defaults (for some reason when I first started the keys were halfway decent, but I just couldn't remap them properly.)

Suddenly, after renaming pad.cfg and starting the game I am able to map all my joypad buttons! Hopefully this helps other folks out there.

edit: I spoke a bit too soon.. my left trigger, right 2 trigger and select aren't working.. it's still spotty, but at the least I've got the main joypad buttons, so it's a start :\

One-man Stampede
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby One-man Stampede » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:09 am

tails_night wrote:My version keeps crashing during character creation... like right when I hit the sprite screen.

I have the exact same problem! I also send an email to support, and they said they had contacted the developers in japan.

Qiarel
Peon
Peon

Postby Qiarel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:23 pm

I had the same issue with a USB PS3 controller. I managed to get around it by playing with the settings for awhile. I think the game can only recognize so many buttons at once. at 1st I couldn't set over half the buttons in 'Key Config' but I noticed they were buttons I hadn't used in 'Controls'. When I re-mapped 'Controls' to use all the buttons I wanted to use in 'Key Config' I no longer had any issues.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:37 am

Just to add to the problems. There is a thread over at the Steam forums that I am trying to help out with a graphical issue in-game. FPS drops intermittently (massively in dungeons) and there is a "flickering" of the HUD (in dungeon) and GUI (in town). System specs for the machine I'm attempting to run the game on are:

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5150
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Pentium P6200 2.13 GHz Dual Core
6 GB of RAM
Integrated HD Graphics

Things I've tried:
- Disabling Steam overlay
- Running ClaDunX2_DBG.exe (renamed ClaDunX2.exe w/ .old ext and renamed ClaDunX2_DBG.exe to ClaDunX2.exe)
- Changing compatibility settings (oh the combinations)
- Attempting to turn off V-Sync through graphics control panel, command line additions to shortcut, and Steam launch options (Intel has a retarded graphics control panel which allows for app override which doesn't work in this case and no option to turn off V-Sync outright)
- Adjusting Priority and Processor Affinity through Task Manager while game is running (adjusting the priority helped a decent amount with FPS issues but not the flickering in-game UI problem)

I have got games with higher requirements to run with no issues, so I'm left scratching my head on this one.

Another user on the Steam forum has reported that an OLDER hardware setup is able to run the game much more smoothly than a current one (unverified on my end). Maybe it's possible that the processor might be a single core that the game (or the emulator it's locked into) can work with? Not trying to thread hijack, just throwing potential problems on the boat to be shipped over to Japan.

Lipucd
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lipucd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 am

I would acually say that the Integrated HD Graphics is the issue.

I'm on a Geforce 9500 GT, with a quad core CPU, and as long as V-sync's off, it runs 30 FPS regardless of screen size. I wonder how many of the issues people are having still are running off of integrated chip sets instead of a real card.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Lipucd wrote:I would acually say that the Integrated HD Graphics is the issue.

I'm on a Geforce 9500 GT, with a quad core CPU, and as long as V-sync's off, it runs 30 FPS regardless of screen size. I wonder how many of the issues people are having still are running off of integrated chip sets instead of a real card.

See, V-Sync is off on your setup. Regardless of what I do I can't turn off V-Sync in-game (it's locked/grayed out) or in the control panel (Intel has an Application Override setting but the result in-game is the same). If I could disable it through the Intel control panel that would be great and I'm sure the performance would pick up. Alas, after Google trawling for hours last night I find it is Intel coming up short in that venture. So, in summary it looks like it might run smooth if I could turn V-Sync off, but can't. Still, perhaps there might be a workaround if I bring the problem to light. Thanks for the input.

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”