Postby Rednal » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:55 pm

My art skills are terrible, so I'll stick with ones other people have made. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

PrinnyLink
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Legasista (PSN)

Postby PrinnyLink » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Rednal wrote:My art skills are terrible, so I'll stick with ones other people have made. XD

just practic that what can make u better at drawing that what they say

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 am

Oh, yeah. Practicing things can definitely make you better, but in my case... XD; I prefer my art to be the written word, rather than drawings or similar things.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

All right, I'm a bit into the game... and I'm waiting for custom character creation to be available so I can use Pleinair. XD

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Rednal wrote:All right, I'm a bit into the game... and I'm waiting for custom character creation to be available so I can use Pleinair. XD

How is it? :lol:

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I was wondering if you could customize your own maps?

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:31 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I was wondering if you could customize your own maps?

That is a no, I'm pretty sure anyways...it's all about bringing custom characters through randomized (I think) dungeons :lol:

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 pm

So... before I waste 29.99$ on this game, is this a yay or a nay? I want to make sure it's actually a good game worth its price tag.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 pm

All right, so I just unlocked Ran-geons, and I went part of the way through one of those. Overall... ^^ It's fairly fun, actually, though the difficulty is basically what you set it up to be. I'm playing Pleinair as an agile thief (with reduced HP but strengthened EXP gain), so I'm an incredibly fragile speedster... but the game doesn't need to be as awkward as that, and your party can be quite strong if you have varied attacks. XD It does require a certain amount of skill past a certain point, though, and you'll definitely need to figure out how to stay on top of the item system and make the most of your abilities. Probably worth it, though.

There's a lot of tutorials for quite a long time, but fortunately, they tend to cover new things as they're introduced, and just like in Disgaea, you can go ahead and replay maps. Info's very accessible via signs and menus, too, so it's pretty hard to get lost with the information if you're trying to find it. Actually, there's so much in the game that I'm kind of glad they spaced things out, because learning EVERYTHING all at once would be kinda hard. As it is, I think the pacing is good for learning, if mildly frustrating for how much there is.

Overall, it's quirky and amusing. ^^ The characters are interesting, the gameplay is quite fun once you get used to it, and it could be quite a lot worse.

If you don't like searching for better items, though, this game won't be for you. XD Because collecting items is important.

I think it's a Yay, but only for people who enjoy this sort of ARPG stuff. ^^

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 pm

It worth $30 bucks but still wish i was on disc form. I only like getting games on psn if there $20 or lower...

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:49 pm

So, some further thoughts after some more playing:

1. Ran-geons may elict a "just one more!" mentality in you.

2. The music in this game is REALLY GOOD. I don't usually pay a whole lot of attention to the music tracks (except Hymnos in Ar Tonelico), but I really like everything I've heard here. It's a darned good soundtrack.

3. Ran-geons are... well... random. XD; Go into them knowing you could die and lose most/all of the items (a Thief skill can change the odds) and half of the EXP you got. I once went from enemies Lv. 1-2 to enemies Lv. 100 in one gate jump. Yeah.

4. Characters are VERY customizable. Items are obviously helpful, but even more important is your Energy Bar thing. Even within the same class, the different setups you can get will offer a huge difference in how the character plays. I'd suggest testing each new one in a Ran-geon to get a good feel for it (one map may not be *quite* enough), and noting which ones you like the most.

PrinnyLink
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PrinnyLink » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Rednal wrote:So, some further thoughts after some more playing:

1. Ran-geons may elict a "just one more!" mentality in you.

2. The music in this game is REALLY GOOD. I don't usually pay a whole lot of attention to the music tracks (except Hymnos in Ar Tonelico), but I really like everything I've heard here. It's a darned good soundtrack.

3. Ran-geons are... well... random. XD; Go into them knowing you could die and lose most/all of the items (a Thief skill can change the odds) and half of the EXP you got. I once went from enemies Lv. 1-2 to enemies Lv. 100 in one gate jump. Yeah.

4. Characters are VERY customizable. Items are obviously helpful, but even more important is your Energy Bar thing. Even within the same class, the different setups you can get will offer a huge difference in how the character plays. I'd suggest testing each new one in a Ran-geon to get a good feel for it (one map may not be *quite* enough), and noting which ones you like the most.

Sound freakinh awsome

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am

How hard would u say the platinum for this game is
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 am

I dunno; I haven't gotten it. :lol: I've been too busy grinding Pleinair up in a couple different jobs to get her some more skills, so... yeah. Might get back to the story soon.

Once your character is strong enough, I don't think it'll be TOO difficult to get them. Looks like it's mostly just going through different levels of Ran-geon...?

PrinnyLink
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PrinnyLink » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Rednal wrote:I dunno; I haven't gotten it. :lol: I've been too busy grinding Pleinair up in a couple different jobs to get her some more skills, so... yeah. Might get back to the story soon.

Once your character is strong enough, I don't think it'll be TOO difficult to get them. Looks like it's mostly just going through different levels of Ran-geon...?

i have to wait sitll another 2 weeks if not 3 T;T

Return to “Legasista”