Problems with Steam Version

Official ClaDun 1 + 2 board: This is a forum!
Ryuuaka
Peon
Peon

Re: Problems with Steam Version

Postby Ryuuaka » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:32 pm

People! I have found a FIX to that issue! Disable Thread Optimization for ClaDunx2's EXE!

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:25 am

Ryuuaka wrote:People! I have found a FIX to that issue! Disable Thread Optimization for ClaDunx2's EXE!

Sadly, that is one of the solutions that does not exist for Intel HD Graphics users. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure it's useful for those with nVidia or ATI mobile graphics chipsets though.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am

In regard to the issue I was having, after a lot of work and hoop jumping (thanks Intel and Toshiba :roll: ) I managed to get my display drivers updated. Please keep in mind this fix is for those who have an ONBOARD graphics chipset (laptop w/ Intel HD Displays for instance) and having some graphical issues in-game. After tinkering with compatibility settings for a while, this is what I found works for me:

Executable settings (Windows 7):
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CladDun X2 (note: the '(x86)' is for 64-bit OS users)
- Right-click ClaDunX2.exe
- Select Properties
- Click to Compatibility tab
- Set the following options:
* Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
* Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
* Disable visual themes
* Disable desktop composition
* Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- Click OK

In-game (ClaDunX2):
- Go to Options
- Turn off Shadow Embossing

Even after updating to the latest drivers I still can't turn off V-Sync (KHAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!) but the game is playable at a good pace now, as opposed to the "bullet time" slow down I would receive in baddie heavy areas. This minimized the amount of graphical issues I received in-game (25-30 FPS in dungeons crowded by mobs). Anyone else having similar suggestions or such please let me know.

Ryuuaka
Peon
Peon

Postby Ryuuaka » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:54 am

Dustrega wrote:
Ryuuaka wrote:People! I have found a FIX to that issue! Disable Thread Optimization for ClaDunx2's EXE!

Sadly, that is one of the solutions that does not exist for Intel HD Graphics users. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure it's useful for those with nVidia or ATI mobile graphics chipsets though.

Ya, I noticed When Helping an Intel Chipset Laptop That day. I shall continue searching to find what I can.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 am

Ryuuaka wrote:
Dustrega wrote:

Ya, I noticed When Helping an Intel Chipset Laptop That day. I shall continue searching to find what I can.

You're a champ, thanks for assisting! :D

One-man Stampede
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby One-man Stampede » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Dustrega wrote:In regard to the issue I was having, after a lot of work and hoop jumping (thanks Intel and Toshiba :roll: ) I managed to get my display drivers updated. Please keep in mind this fix is for those who have an ONBOARD graphics chipset (laptop w/ Intel HD Displays for instance) and having some graphical issues in-game. After tinkering with compatibility settings for a while, this is what I found works for me:

Executable settings (Windows 7):
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CladDun X2 (note: the '(x86)' is for 64-bit OS users)
- Right-click ClaDunX2.exe
- Select Properties
- Click to Compatibility tab
- Set the following options:
* Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
* Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
* Disable visual themes
* Disable desktop composition
* Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
- Click OK

In-game (ClaDunX2):
- Go to Options
- Turn off Shadow Embossing

Even after updating to the latest drivers I still can't turn off V-Sync (KHAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!) but the game is playable at a good pace now, as opposed to the "bullet time" slow down I would receive in baddie heavy areas. This minimized the amount of graphical issues I received in-game (25-30 FPS in dungeons crowded by mobs). Anyone else having similar suggestions or such please let me know.

This fixed the problem with not getting to the character creation screen! Thanks alot! However, the game still crashed when I tried to go to the relationship thing.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

One-man Stampede wrote:This fixed the problem with not getting to the character creation screen! Thanks alot! However, the game still crashed when I tried to go to the relationship thing.

Good to hear, additionally there's an in-game option called Magic Circle Effects, you could try disabling that and see what happens. What OS version are you running? Could you provide an Application Event Log for when the game crashes?

[EDIT] I have had the game crash on me in the relationship screen on both my laptop and desktop at random points. Still trying to figure out what causes it, but I think it's when I randomly choose a diagram.

Griffinith
Peon
Peon

Postby Griffinith » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 am

A friend of mine keeps getting this error.

He's tried reinstalling, turning off the steam overlay, and even a few things from this thread, but so far there's no luck. Now I'm concerned that if I buy it that I won't be able to play it... Apparently he got it working.

Edit the Third: The downloadable demo of the game is suffering from all the ailments that people here are reporting. FPS dropping from 30 to 7 every few seconds for no good reason, blinking or flickering HUD, GUI, Character. Tried to make it fullscreen.. that didn't work well. Controls can't be changed away from the group of keys they're already on for running, attacking, etc.. As much as I love NIS for making awesome games, this one really needs some help before it'll be any good on a computer. Looks like I'm sticking to my PSP for this one..

Final Edit: So I finally got it working decently, here's what I had to do. In the properties of CladunX2.exe, I disable visual themes and disable desktop composition. I tried messing with the "run this program in compatibility mode", but that only seemed to make my framerate even slower. I then went into my graphics card setup, and told it to turn V-sych off for CladunX2.exe (as the option was greyed out for me previously). When the game launched, suddenly it wasn't greyed out anymore and I was confused.

So now I can play the demo with almost constant 30 FPS (with odd dips to 7 every now and then), and there's no flickering on any of the resolutions I choose to use. There is still minor button lag that would make the game fairly annoying especially in the later parts of certain dungeons, where one wrong move could make or break the whole experience. The game is still not a buy for me, although I'm happy to see it can work on my computer. I'll hope for patches along the way, and continue merrily on with the PSP version.
Last edited by Griffinith on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

One-man Stampede
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby One-man Stampede » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 am

Dustrega wrote:
One-man Stampede wrote:This fixed the problem with not getting to the character creation screen! Thanks alot! However, the game still crashed when I tried to go to the relationship thing.

Good to hear, additionally there's an in-game option called Magic Circle Effects, you could try disabling that and see what happens. What OS version are you running? Could you provide an Application Event Log for when the game crashes?

[EDIT] I have had the game crash on me in the relationship screen on both my laptop and desktop at random points. Still trying to figure out what causes it, but I think it's when I randomly choose a diagram.

It worked! My operating system is Windows 7, and I do not know how to get an Application Even Log.

revengancedk
Peon
Peon

Postby revengancedk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 am

I have tried ALL of the suggestions on here. I also have a satellite a505 and also have the slow down problem. It also crashed at character creation for me for a long time until i went into the 3d graphics properties and changed the slider to quality... or was it performance... im late for work so i cant check, also TURN off character emboss option in the options men ue.

WHAT i DO know is that for the heck of it i installed the game on my mothers old ibm thinkpad t42 and it works like "A BOSS" sooooo this leads me to believe that it is something to do with more than one processor trying to do stuff. Actually i have no idea what it means hopefully it leads us to further understand the problem.

Let me know

keith

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:09 pm

revengancedk wrote:I have tried ALL of the suggestions on here. I also have a satellite a505 and also have the slow down problem. It also crashed at character creation for me for a long time until i went into the 3d graphics properties and changed the slider to quality... or was it performance... im late for work so i cant check, also TURN off character emboss option in the options men ue.

WHAT i DO know is that for the heck of it i installed the game on my mothers old ibm thinkpad t42 and it works like "A BOSS" sooooo this leads me to believe that it is something to do with more than one processor trying to do stuff. Actually i have no idea what it means hopefully it leads us to further understand the problem.

Let me know

keith

Because you have a Toshiba it most likely doesn't have the latest graphics drivers (be it Intel, ATI, nVidia, etc.) and I would recommend google to help in that department (force install Intel graphics drivers got me my solution). Since I don't know what graphics chipset you're running I can't make a recommendation, but that's where I would start and then proceed with what I have mentioned previously.

[EDIT]: The A505 is just the prefix of the model number. On the bottom of your laptop it should say A505-XXXXXX. Let me know what that is and I can probably PM you tailored instructions on what to try.

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:10 am

As a side note, there's some users over at the Steam forum asking if NISA is going to put in a request for a ClaDun X2 sub-forum. I guess if the post hasn't been made previously you could consider this the official request if it hasn't been done as of yet. :lol:

Dustrega
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dustrega » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 am

Griffinith wrote:Edit the Third: The downloadable demo of the game is suffering from all the ailments that people here are reporting. FPS dropping from 30 to 7 every few seconds for no good reason, blinking or flickering HUD, GUI, Character. Tried to make it fullscreen.. that didn't work well. Controls can't be changed away from the group of keys they're already on for running, attacking, etc.. As much as I love NIS for making awesome games, this one really needs some help before it'll be any good on a computer. Looks like I'm sticking to my PSP for this one..

The demo version seems to be exceptionally locked down in comparison to full. I'll try downloading the demo version later today to see if I can work out some of the issues. Do you have some system specs that you could post? Might be a good start for me to know what manufacturer and model of computer you're running. Sorry about not posting a reply yesterday.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to pop back in and let you know that Steam has put up an official ClaDun x2 forum here. I'll still be following this thread as well, so feel free to post in either spot.

I'm compiling a list right now of issues people have encountered, and we'll be translating it and sending it off to the devs in Japan ASAP. It sounds like the three main issues are slowdown caused by VSYNC, random crashes, and problems assigning button commands to gamepads. Hopefully they can look into these and figure out the best way to handle them soon. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Greene
Majin
Majin

Postby Greene » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:59 am

Thanks, Houk! I really like how involved the moderator staff is here in the Nisa forums.
All is for my lord. Hail Lord Arfoire!
Disgaea 4 & 3AoD JSFPS!
Disgaea JTSRPG Squad: Fenrich

PSN: Infusion07

Return to “ClaDun: This is an RPG! + Cladun x2”