Legasista (PSN)

Official Legasista Discussion Forum
Tiger Festival
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Legasista (PSN)

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm

None of my RL friends won't know of any games by Nis unless I inform them :lol:

Shocking, most of Nis's games don't seem to get much love in Japan, I find that strange :|
Previous username: Arnold Teddie Rosario

My 3DS Friend Code: 3153-4362-8438 Name is Tiger
My Nintendo Network ID: TFS_Goku

PM me if you add me and I'll add you provided you give me your friend code.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Arnold Teddie Rosario wrote:None of my RL friends won't know of any games by Nis unless I inform them :lol:

Shocking, most of Nis's games don't seem to get much love in Japan, I find that strange :|

Yeah, it's hilarious...

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Darcnova wrote:
Arnold Teddie Rosario wrote:None of my RL friends won't know of any games by Nis unless I inform them :lol:

Yeah, it's hilarious...

I'm under contractual obligation to mention once again that Disgaea 4 actually sold better in North America than it did in Japan.

I just love bringing that fact up for some reason.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

PrinnyLink
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PrinnyLink » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Yeah, it's hilarious...

I'm under contractual obligation to mention once again that Disgaea 4 actually sold better in North America than it did in Japan.

its not that hard to grasp but it is abit shocking lol

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 pm

PrinnyLink wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Yeah, it's hilarious...

Sold pretty poorly in Europe though, from what I understand.
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Yeah, it's hilarious...

Hold up, it sold way better here! I need proof dood
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:45 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
PrinnyLink wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Yeah, it's hilarious...

Sold pretty poorly in Europe though, from what I understand.

Nope, performed pretty much as expected.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 am

Then I probably heard wrong. Or perhaps I was thinking it sold poorly in comparison to other regions, but fine on it's own.

Eh, idk.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:

Then I probably heard wrong. Or perhaps I was thinking it sold poorly in comparison to other regions, but fine on it's own.

Eh, idk.

It's certainly possible that we sold fewer copies in Europe (I don't have any numbers handy) but the audience size is smaller as well.

I guess it depends on how you want to define "poorly." We had a pretty good idea of how the game would perform in each region and based our budget/resources on that, and the results were pretty much in line with what we expected. So in that regard, Disgaea 4 sold fine.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Houk wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

Eh, idk.

It's certainly possible that we sold fewer copies in Europe (I don't have any numbers handy) but the audience size is smaller as well.

I guess it depends on how you want to define "poorly." We had a pretty good idea of how the game would perform in each region and based our budget/resources on that, and the results were pretty much in line with what we expected. So in that regard, Disgaea 4 sold fine.

I've got a question. And you may or may not have the information/aren't authorized to answer this but, NISA had released... Somewhere around 50 games as now, and I was wondering what game has sold the best? (I.e. highest numbers). And have any games ever surprised you guys? I know you plan this stuff really well, as you've said, so it almost always falls into place, but has any game ever sold significantly over or under your expectations?

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Hmm...

I'm not sure which specific game has sold the best, but I'm sure it's one of the Disgaeas. It would depend on if you counted multiple versions of the same title, and if you were counting worldwide sales, western sales, or just US sales. But I would be surprised if Disgaea 3/4 wasn't our current leader.

As for surprises... I would definitely say we were nervous (but hopeful) about Bleach's performance before release. It was a big risk for us, and it was well outside our normal style, so we weren't sure what to expect from it. But sales have been pretty steady, and it has slowly become one of our more popular titles. (It's been especially popular in Europe, which we were definitely surprised about.)

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Houk wrote:Hmm...

I'm not sure which specific game has sold the best, but I'm sure it's one of the Disgaeas. It would depend on if you counted multiple versions of the same title, and if you were counting worldwide sales, western sales, or just US sales. But I would be surprised if Disgaea 3/4 wasn't our current leader.

As for surprises... I would definitely say we were nervous (but hopeful) about Bleach's performance before release. It was a big risk for us, and it was well outside our normal style, so we weren't sure what to expect from it. But sales have been pretty steady, and it has slowly become one of our more popular titles. (It's been especially popular in Europe, which we were definitely surprised about.)

I kinda expected that. And I meant total sales, NA+EU and whatever other regions you do.

How did you guys ever get to do a Bleach game anyway? That was just so out of left field for you guys.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Well one of the things that probably hurt sales is that it was for $30 on PSN. Most people won't spend more then $15 for a downloadable game. What if you got two $30 games and sold them together in one hard copy. That way people could get hard copys which would make it sell better and you sell two games.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:16 pm

darkrchaos wrote:Well one of the things that probably hurt sales is that it was for $30 on PSN. Most people won't spend more then $15 for a downloadable game. What if you got two $30 games and sold them together in one hard copy. That way people could get hard copys which would make it sell better and you sell two games.

I don't like paying more than 10$.

Because I think that would divide the potential audience even more.

PrinnyLink
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PrinnyLink » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:24 pm

there are still alot of people that buy it thoe so they will still dol it me ill buy it digtal if its cheaper or cause i cant find online cheaper a y wear unless it digtal only

Return to “Legasista”