Patch for text errors?

Official Legasista Discussion Forum
Astralblades
New Vassal
New Vassal

Patch for text errors?

Postby Astralblades » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 am

What are the chances that NISA will release a patch that fixes all (or most, anyway) of the text errors in Legasista? The title transplant dialogue and the transplant power help page are good examples of why this is needed, as they are either show incoherent messages or give details about the game which are just flat out wrong.

I'd be willing to help compile a list of errors if I knew that they would eventually be fixed.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Patch for text errors?

Postby Houk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 am

Generally speaking, due to the exorbitant costs of putting out a patch on consoles, patches to fix text errors aren't really an option, unfortunately.

Kiru
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Kiru » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:18 am

Of course a patch costs a lot of money, but this really gives me the feeling that NISA doesn't really care about its customers and products. It always feels like NISA never does a full job on things to me. (which I personally hate) Be it a half dub, these "text errors", which are actually far more than just that,.. and lately also with cutting out a feature of a game. Sometimes this can be somewhat explained, but more often than not the reasons feel unrealistic to me. (mostly regarding half dubs, though there are exceptions even there) This left me disappointed quite a few times already. But whatsoever, this isn't a thread about that.

In Legasista's case a patch isn't even absolutely necessary to correct what is wrong. But the least I'd expect is NISA to actually publish a document saying they are sorry and explaining in depth how everything works. Explaining exactly what the player needs to do if they want to do a certain something.
For example you could first explain about the "Customize Copy bugs" which has a thread here on the board. You could tell people what to chose to get what result.
Next would be the title transplant which you should explain the exact way it is. You should also give a formula for calculating how many titles are needed for a given transplant, because that information is completely lost due to the pointer errors. Also, of course, how to otherwise read the messages.

You don't even have to compile all the problems yourself, there are definitely people who can help with that. But what you should do is officially publish a document like that. (i.e. via prinny bomb) It doesn't cost money, it shows you cares.. but unfortunately it also shows that NISA's work was shoddy. But that can't be helped. It's NISA's fault this happened in the first place.

I'd like something to happen. Even though that's definitely also a bit of a personal thing for me, it would definitely help players out and be a nice gesture. Or so I think at least.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:46 pm

I understand Nisa point of view but I also understand the players. Maybe you could start a list of problems and after about a half a year just post a big update or something. I understand that you don't get as much money as some games but still, anime games do sell pretty well. If they didn't you wouldn't be selling them. :)

scrangos
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby scrangos » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 am

I understand making a patch for a console indie game like this isn't really viable if you plan on keep doing it but...

An official errata for confused players posted on this board would be great.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 am

Kiru wrote:Of course a patch costs a lot of money, but this really gives me the feeling that NISA doesn't really care about its customers and products. It always feels like NISA never does a full job on things to me. (which I personally hate) Be it a half dub, these "text errors", which are actually far more than just that,.. and lately also with cutting out a feature of a game. Sometimes this can be somewhat explained, but more often than not the reasons feel unrealistic to me. (mostly regarding half dubs, though there are exceptions even there) This left me disappointed quite a few times already. But whatsoever, this isn't a thread about that.

In Legasista's case a patch isn't even absolutely necessary to correct what is wrong. But the least I'd expect is NISA to actually publish a document saying they are sorry and explaining in depth how everything works. Explaining exactly what the player needs to do if they want to do a certain something.
For example you could first explain about the "Customize Copy bugs" which has a thread here on the board. You could tell people what to chose to get what result.
Next would be the title transplant which you should explain the exact way it is. You should also give a formula for calculating how many titles are needed for a given transplant, because that information is completely lost due to the pointer errors. Also, of course, how to otherwise read the messages.

You don't even have to compile all the problems yourself, there are definitely people who can help with that. But what you should do is officially publish a document like that. (i.e. via prinny bomb) It doesn't cost money, it shows you cares.. but unfortunately it also shows that NISA's work was shoddy. But that can't be helped. It's NISA's fault this happened in the first place.

I'd like something to happen. Even though that's definitely also a bit of a personal thing for me, it would definitely help players out and be a nice gesture. Or so I think at least.

In the end of the day, NISA is a very small, niche company with not a lot of money to work with. If this was like Square Enix, Namco, Activision, or Capcom then yeah they can cover the cost of a patch no problem since they're full of money. NISA games do have some bugs and issues like some that freeze up, text errors, etc. However, they're hardly ever fixed since the cost of patches are just too much for them to handle. They do care about their fans, but the price for patches needs to be lowered by a lot before NISA can consider patches.

You can even say that because of the high cost of patches, that should be more of a reason for them to just take their time with their games so that a patch is not needed.

bonito
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby bonito » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 am

If patches are too expensive .. you have to do much more testing.

If patches for their product are too expensive .. why should an erroneous product not be too expensive for the customer?

I am myself a developer and I do not see "bugs" being a problem the customer has to pay for .. its a quality problem of the development-team. Too many bugs normaly means you loose customers ...is this really cheaper or just a welcome and often heard excuse for a not working QA system?
Nin Nin Nin

Return to “Legasista”