No Japanese voice for european version of atelier ayesha

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
keiku
Vassal
Vassal

No Japanese voice for european version of atelier ayesha

Postby keiku » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:19 am

So, i buy the game and i really angry when i found no japanese voice from atelier ayesha in european version.

I post on the tecmo koei forum but i post here to say i never buy a NIS game if japanse voice are removed.
I have all atelier series, (I even taisho mononoke) , it is the only game of the serie with no japanese voice.

I'm realy, realy disapointed and sad, i really like atelier series when NIS edit them to europe but when tecmo koei i want burn this game.

and if some fan is agree with me, post a reply on the tecmo koei forum for change their mind

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: No Japanese voice for european version of atelier ayesha

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:17 am

They never said they had the Japanese voice track after that corrected themselves, but it's not something they can change now the game's released.
The best you can hope for it is making it a DLC option.

Also, NISA has no input other than doing the localisation work, the publishing and therefore the decision about having Japanese voices or not is TK's responsibility.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

keiku
Vassal
Vassal

Postby keiku » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 am

yes but NIS amercia release atelier series in europe before TC take the hand and after tc dropped the serie after iris 3. i just want NIS edit his game in europa like before.

I know it's too late for ayesha and no hope for dlc, tecmo koei never listen the gamer.
but for the next release of atelier game...

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 am

keiku wrote:yes but NIS amercia release atelier series in europe before TC take the hand and after tc dropped the serie after iris 3. i just want NIS edit his game in europa like before.

Errr, this is nothing like that, as TK now owns GUST, so they're in charge of publishing it everywhere, end of.
NISA got contracted to do the actual localisation work on Ayesha, but that's all they did, they weren't involved in the release process in any way.

keiku
Vassal
Vassal

Postby keiku » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 am

so nothing nis can do for this... this is sad.
good license with awfull localisation, i want cry.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:44 am

keiku wrote:so nothing nis can do for this... this is sad.

It's more a publishing matter, retaining Japanese voice tracks costs money.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:00 am

keiku wrote:so nothing nis can do for this... this is sad.

You've never even heard the dub, knock it off.

The localization is fine.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 am

The guy never said anything about the dub being bad, just angry over the lack of a Japanese track. A Japanese dub and an English dub are different beasts, apples and oranges, a good comparison you can draw is Live action vs. animated.
Look, they made a live action version of Death Note, they convey emotions much better then cartoons, it's easier to understand then cartoons, I'm sure the actors they got are really professional and not like those actors from the 90s! And yet I don't want to watch the live action version I want to watch the old anime version!
To someone who enjoys English Dubs the localization is fine, to someone like myself who enjoys Japanese dubs this localization is the worst in the series but still enjoyable, I hope.

Talwin
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Talwin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:28 am

I really don't like Ayesha's voice. I was never that happy to have only partitial dubs ever before. I thank Ni No Kuni for resensibilicing me back on reading textwalls just before Atelier Ayesha released.

Ringwraith wrote:It's more a publishing matter, retaining Japanese voice tracks costs money.

This is one thing I do absolutely not understand with my simple mind. Could you please help me.
As the producer GUST owns the Voice Tracks - so who are they charging for if their game gets licensed and wants to use the japanese Dubs? Is this some kind of weird japanese economy habbit to rip off their own affiliated companies? GUST belongs to Tecmo Koei Japan and the western Tecmo Koei Corporation belongs to the japanese Headquarters as well. They could just have handed the voice tracks over and done. I really don't get it, in this scenario who has to pay money for using the license here and why?

Here in Germany every big corporation would without a doubt give the Voice Tracks for free because they have interest that their product is selling everywhere in the world. It doesn't cost them anything, because all what's done is that property belonging to one sub-corporation is used within the corporation structure of Tecmo Koei and transfered to another sub-corporation. In the end the Tecmo Koei as the head corporation would have benefited because many people claim that they don't buy it because of the lack of jap dub. And even if they still bought it, the damage was done: the game and the reputation of Atelier-Series - now Trademark of Tecmo Koei - has severely suffered.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:06 am

Um. About that.

It's entirely possible that the dub track is owned by some sort of studio that works with Voice Actors to provide them with work; I don't know about this specific case, but at the very least, that's not terribly unlikely. So it's not impossible that the tracks would have to be re-licensed if the JP dub is to be exported to another region; as the owners, they'd want their share of the cut.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 am

Rednal wrote:Um. About that.

It's entirely possible that the dub track is owned by some sort of studio that works with Voice Actors to provide them with work; I don't know about this specific case, but at the very least, that's not terribly unlikely. So it's not impossible that the tracks would have to be re-licensed if the JP dub is to be exported to another region; as the owners, they'd want their share of the cut.

Pretty much, they'd have to pay again to use the Japanese voice track in another release of it. As they don't own it, they own the script, they don't own the actual voice recordings.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 am

I know there's also at *least* one person in Japan who has their voice copyrighted by the company they work with. Literally, the sound of their voice cannot leave the country without permission. XD So I wouldn't be surprised if the JP dubs don't come with the games, but have to be licensed and paid for separately. Which is really nice of small, niche, budget-lacking companies to do for fans whenever they can, yeah?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 am

If it was that easy and free every game would have all of their prior voice tracks, but alas, that is not the case.

Dubbo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Dubbo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 am

Yah no japanese voice overs for european version, I will probably still get it but not at full price since they are not offering me the fulll experience haha.

I'd say if you are a big fan of atelier series, just buy the game anyway but if you are adamant about japanese voice overs, then keep supporting NISA for bringing us games with jap tracks!

Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Esper » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm

I bought the game used just to get it but not support TK's terrible localization job. Kinda sad how they turn a day 1 buyer to someone who scavenges around ebay for any used copy to just not give you money.

Return to “Atelier Series”