Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum

Would you buy Black Rock Shooter The Game if the LE was not available?

Yes, definitely.
9
17%
Yes, of course! I wasn't going to get the LE anyways.
7
13%
Yes, but I would still REALLY want the LE and would be REALLY disappointed!!!
22
42%
Yes, but I'd wait for a price drop or something cause I'd be sad...
4
8%
Possibly, but the possibility that the LE won't be released hadn't even occured to me!
1
2%
Nope, I would no longer be interested.
9
17%
 
Total votes: 52

User avatar
アクターレ
Majin
Majin
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby アクターレ » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:04 am

Daverost wrote:So... what? Like 20-25 years minimum? I'll manage.


The original Xbox is only ONE generation old, and Microsoft is still alive and kickin'.

Doesn't mean I can access the Live server and get my DLC back for it, since Microsoft pulled support for the Xbox 1. My Halo 2 maps are gone forever. And that's ONLY ONE CONSOLE GENERATION AGO.

You are very naive if you think Sony will keep PSN access and game library downloads for their older systems once the newer consoles become mainstream. It costs them money to keep this stuff up for download.

The only DD service that really is even remotely trustworthy to keep your links to your old games working is Steam, and even then I personally wouldn't trust them with my stuff.

Consider yourself lucky if your PSN purchases work in the next 5 years, let alone the next 20.

User avatar
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby artemisthemp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm

vampko wrote:
アクターレ wrote:I think some of you guys who laugh at this are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a few years when you get the urge to replay Disgaea or something, and you find your PSP won't turn on for whatever reason, and you can't redownload the games to another console since Sony cut the service.

CFW FTW :P

Also, my PSP's UMD drive broke long before Sony cut the service or whatever.

And finally, I rarely get the urge to go back and play games. And if I do, an emulator serves just fine. And I'm sure by the time this scenario happens computers will be able to emulate the PS3. And, as I said, the PSP's already an open book, so it's just a matter of buying another PSP.

Vampko you forget Digital Copies work on vita
Image
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby vampko » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:51 pm

artemisthemp wrote:
vampko wrote:
アクターレ wrote:I think some of you guys who laugh at this are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a few years when you get the urge to replay Disgaea or something, and you find your PSP won't turn on for whatever reason, and you can't redownload the games to another console since Sony cut the service.

CFW FTW :P

Also, my PSP's UMD drive broke long before Sony cut the service or whatever.

And finally, I rarely get the urge to go back and play games. And if I do, an emulator serves just fine. And I'm sure by the time this scenario happens computers will be able to emulate the PS3. And, as I said, the PSP's already an open book, so it's just a matter of buying another PSP.

Vampko you forget Digital Copies work on vita

My Vita has a 4GB memcard. My PSP has an 8GB. Obviously I'm sticking with my PSP for PSP games most of the time.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8451
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Daverost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 pm

アクターレ wrote:
Daverost wrote:So... what? Like 20-25 years minimum? I'll manage.


The original Xbox is only ONE generation old, and Microsoft is still alive and kickin'.

Doesn't mean I can access the Live server and get my DLC back for it, since Microsoft pulled support for the Xbox 1. My Halo 2 maps are gone forever. And that's ONLY ONE CONSOLE GENERATION AGO.

You are very naive if you think Sony will keep PSN access and game library downloads for their older systems once the newer consoles become mainstream. It costs them money to keep this stuff up for download.

The only DD service that really is even remotely trustworthy to keep your links to your old games working is Steam, and even then I personally wouldn't trust them with my stuff.

Consider yourself lucky if your PSN purchases work in the next 5 years, let alone the next 20.


Naive? No. Informed. Sony already said they're pushing to eventually get as many different systems worth of games up and running on a single console in the future. Anything digital will theoretically be available (whether through Gaikai streaming or whatever). Pretty sure they specifically mentioned PSP as well.

Either way, if Sony pushes BC as their systems go forward (PS1 games on every system, PSP games on Vita, minis on everything, eventual PS3 streaming on PS4, etc.) then there's no reason for content to go away.

The difference between you and I is that I know what Sony said and you're just guessing.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Qefimo
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Qefimo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:51 pm

And I'm sure by the time this scenario happens computers will be able to emulate the PS3.

This is a flawed assumption. We're getting close to maxing out the physical capabilities of silicon-based hardware. In about ten years, it will probably happen.

To accurately emulate a device such as the PS3, a PC would need to be like, 10 times more powerful than one. Will we reach that point with home consumer PCs before hitting the wall?

User avatar
アクターレ
Majin
Majin
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby アクターレ » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Daverost wrote:Naive? No. Informed. Sony already said they're pushing to eventually get as many different systems worth of games up and running on a single console in the future. Anything digital will theoretically be available (whether through Gaikai streaming or whatever). Pretty sure they specifically mentioned PSP as well.

Either way, if Sony pushes BC as their systems go forward (PS1 games on every system, PSP games on Vita, minis on everything, eventual PS3 streaming on PS4, etc.) then there's no reason for content to go away.

The difference between you and I is that I know what Sony said and you're just guessing.


Look, if you want to trust the words of a giant corporation that only cares about money, go right ahead. I choose not to, and instead to trust in the physical media that has yet to betray me in all the years I have used it.

Qefimo wrote:
And I'm sure by the time this scenario happens computers will be able to emulate the PS3.

This is a flawed assumption. We're getting close to maxing out the physical capabilities of silicon-based hardware. In about ten years, it will probably happen.

To accurately emulate a device such as the PS3, a PC would need to be like, 10 times more powerful than one. Will we reach that point with home consumer PCs before hitting the wall?


This is a very good point.

There are other problems with digital downloads too. What if I just want to take a game to a friend's house and play it? With discs, I just simply take the disc over. With DD, I have to drag over the entire console since the content is typically stuck to the system I downloaded it on, or has a download limit, etc.

What if I want to borrow a game off someone and lend them one of mine? Again, not a problem with discs, but cannot be done with digital.

What if a game turns out to blatantly suck? Again, not a problem with discs, I can sell the game on ebay and at least get some money for it. With digital, I am stuck with it.

The only advantage to digital downloads is the convenience of not having to leave your house to get them. They are completely anti-consumer in pretty much every other regard. Companies only push this method because it empowers them while heavily limiting what you can do with your "purchase".

Why some people are so eager to give up their consumer rights for such minor conveniences completely baffles me sometimes.

User avatar
shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6153
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby shymel94 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am

I believe some companies, such as Amazon, have been looking into the idea of used digital products. So in the future we might not be stuck with a digital copy of a game we don't want.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Rednal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:47 am

It might be very DRM-y by nature, but you could give up your right to download it in the future, and in exchange, receive store credit...?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Metafalss

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 am

I wanted the Limited Edition, but I still have a $20 PSN card waiting for the game to come out.
Image

caren103
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 am

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby caren103 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 am

Has the game been already released in the US PSN? The launch date was 23rd April.

User avatar
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1494
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 am

caren103 wrote:Has the game been already released in the US PSN? The launch date was 23rd April.

Yes it's have releases in US https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... 0000001111
Image
Image

User avatar
Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Discoceris » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Daverost wrote:The difference between you and I is that I know what Sony said and you're just guessing.


You're putting faith in a company that is going through some financial problems and management restructuring. You're also talking about a corporation, where corporations do not, have not and will not ever honor every promise (maybe even 10% if you're lucky) they've made to their customers.

My money is on the, 'sorry, you'll have to re-purchase these games in order to play them on future systems/platforms'. But hey, at least they're going to make as many titles accessible and from a single account, rather than force you to have multiple accounts for multiple systems and devices. That's already a win in my book.

User avatar
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8451
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Daverost » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Again, guesses.

They've already said it's very possible to do and they're looking to do it down the line. It simply won't be something that's ready at launch. The president of Gaikai said it, too. It's been directly confirmed by two official sources.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

ragnar14
Peon
Peon
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 am

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby ragnar14 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 am

アクターレ wrote:You do not own digital products, you are buying a license to PLAY them for the time they are supported. With physical discs, they are essentially your's forever since they are not tied to a system.

If my N64 breaks down, all I have to do is ebay another one and all my games work fine on it.

I think some of you guys who laugh at this are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a few years when you get the urge to replay Disgaea or something, and you find your PSP won't turn on for whatever reason, and you can't redownload the games to another console since Sony cut the service.


You do know discs and rom chips eventually degrade, right? Certainly the lifespan you'll get out of a physical copy should exceed a digital purchase (*cough* XBL has actually removed current gen content), it doesn't mean it'll last forever. The only way to get forever is to backup stuff. As long as you don't go piratety crazy it's a perfectly fair use, and you shouldn't have any moral issues with it.

User avatar
アクターレ
Majin
Majin
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby アクターレ » Thu May 02, 2013 7:19 am

While I am sure they will degrade eventually, I have Atari games made in 1977 that STILL work perfectly fine.

36 year old games, still work.

I have audio CDs that were made back when the format came out in 1982. 31 year old CDs, still work perfectly.

So, sure, the plastic will degrade EVENTUALLY, but then again, its not like we live forever anyways.


Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests