Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
FauxSho
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: And the new game by the Neptune team is...

Postby FauxSho » Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 am

zazza345 wrote:To avoid the usual million pages discussion, let's make one thing clear:

There will be a substantial amount of male characters.

MAN POWAH.
ImageImage

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed May 08, 2013 1:47 am

zazza345 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/d25BVNp.jpg

Possibilities:

1. Awesome looking bad guy
  2. Main character's evil side, meaning the villains are once again not going to get enough focus to be any good.
Please please PLEASE be the first one...

zazza345 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/nuAd1JR.jpg

Hm... nice, gentle girl, possibly a mysterious waif, and a spunky redhead with detached sleeves (Really? Again?) and both of them have a zettai ryouiki thing going on. Between them is what looks like Generic Male Protagonist Variety Pi: dark, quiet and eternally gloomy. Seems typical but there's an air of uniqueness here. I can't think why...

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:50 am

Porecomesis wrote:Hm... nice, gentle girl, possibly a mysterious waif, and a spunky redhead with detached sleeves (Really? Again?) and both of them have a zettai ryouiki thing going on. Between them is what looks like Generic Male Protagonist Variety Pi: dark, quiet and eternally gloomy. Seems typical but there's an air of uniqueness here. I can't think why...

There is something I can read (the bigger sentences) but being at work right now prevents me to do so. I'll try when I'm back.

Coreven
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Coreven » Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 am

I expect the gameplay to be decent enough since it's based on V's system, and the inclusion of male characters is all fine by me, to a point. I like hot blooded sword combo dudes as much as the next guy, but I don't want no hetshit romance bullshit plot tumors. It's haremshit as well, I swear.
Spoiler:
<Guyincognito> Very informative. I'm so glad there is a resource for info where threads stay on topic and don't instantly descend into pointless bullshit before dying
<Fir-Q> Otherwise known as Cor's Law.

Satokyu1
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Satokyu1 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am

The guy in the back looks ok, red clothes girl doesn't look too bad either, sorta liking the other one.

Coreven wrote:I like hot blooded sword combo dudes as much as the next guy, but I don't want no hetshit romance bullshit plot tumors.

^ ^ ^

And really, his name is Fang??
hi you can call me queen of pageshift

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:12 am

Just read this on Silliconera:
Characters can do mid-air combos and team attacks that can knock an enemy off their stance.

This is starting to sound really interesting. Makes me think of the "Tales of" games.

Coreven wrote:hetshit romance bullshit plot tumors.

Would be best to brace youself. Especially if there's only a couple of male characters in it...

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:17 am

vertical09 wrote:This is starting to sound really interesting. Makes me think of the "Tales of" games.

I'd rather look at the source myself, since Siliconera doesn't post it at all. Sadly, hokanko et al. are blocked here, so I can't check it.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 am

vertical09 wrote:Just read this on Silliconera:
Characters can do mid-air combos and team attacks that can knock an enemy off their stance.

This is starting to sound really interesting. Makes me think of the "Tales of" games.

... What's the point of a mid-air combo in a turn-based game of strategy rather than reflexes?

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:27 am

Porecomesis wrote:

... What's the point of a mid-air combo in a turn-based game of strategy rather than reflexes?

They could change around the battle system? Who's to say it's exactly the same as Neptunia's?... (Or there could just be launch-type attacks now, who knows).

FireDatPrinneh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Location: Currently staying over(or rather, working) at Hakugyokuro

Postby FireDatPrinneh » Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 am

If that information is true, then it will only meant one thing. It's a real-time combat.

Coreven wrote:hetshit romance bullshit plot tumors.

Would be best to brace youself. Especially if there's only a couple of male characters in it...

Yeah, hopefully it will be as good as the Shining series. Or maybe A Certain Magical Index.

BlackDestiny
Majin
Majin

Postby BlackDestiny » Wed May 08, 2013 6:16 am

Translation time (from here)

Fairy Fencer F
- Release date: 2013
- Concept art: Yoshitaka Amano
- Music: Nobuo Uematsu / EARTHBOUND PAPAS
- Character Designer: Tsunako

- Story: Long time ago there was a battle between a goddess and an evil god, but something happened and now the two gods disappeared. They left weapons called Fury, and those who wields them are called Fencers. Fang is a young man that just become a Fencer, he helped a young girl that's been assaulted Tiara, but it turns out she is also a Fencer

- Characters:
* Fang: The main character that accidentally become a Fencer
* Tiara: The editor describes her as silver haired Nepgear wearing a gothic lolita costume, she is collecting Fury to release the goddess seal
* Arin: According to the editor, she is basically Kotori wearing Kurumi's outfit (Date A Live characters), wears a very mini skirt, she is the another heroine and she's a fairy that lives inside Fang's Fury
There's supposed to be another black haired female character in the screenshots but still no detail on her

- Battle System
* Furies can be powered up using Weapon Point accumulated from battles
* There are combo and magic

-Graphic
* The enemies looked like normalized Neptunia monsters
* The graphic seems to be improved a little

Anyway, for my first comment...is the writer really that lazy to use something like "something happened and they just disappeared" for a story premise? And don't get me how they introduced Fang,what should we know about him except that he coincidentally become a Fencer? So yeah, not really digging into it but i'm interested enough to wait for a trailer first since it's Uematsu and Tsunako
EDIT:
More scans:
http://img.ly/system/uploads/007/301/94 ... _image.jpg
http://img.ly/system/uploads/007/301/66 ... _image.jpg
http://img.ly/system/uploads/007/301/98 ... _image.jpg
http://apr.2chan.net/may/b/src/1368018048868.jpg

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed May 08, 2013 6:23 am

BlackDestiny wrote:
Spoiler:
Translation time (from here)

Fairy Fencer F
- Release date: 2013
- Concept art: Yoshitaka Amano
- Music: Nobuo Uematsu / EARTHBOUND PAPAS
- Character Designer: Tsunako

- Story: Long time ago there was a battle between a goddess and an evil god, but something happened and now the two gods disappeared. They left weapons called Fury, and those who wields them are called Fencers. Fang is a young man that just become a Fencer, he helped a young girl that's been assaulted Tiara, but it turns out she is also a Fencer

- Characters:
* Fang: The main character that accidentally become a Fencer
* Tiara: The editor describes her as silver haired Nepgear wearing a gothic lolita costume, she is collecting Fury to release the goddess seal
* Arin: According to the editor, she is basically Kotori wearing Kurumi's outfit (Date A Live characters), wears a very mini skirt, she is the another heroine and she's a fairy that lives inside Fang's Fury
There's supposed to be another black haired female character in the screenshots but still no detail on her

- Battle System
* Furies can be powered up using Weapon Point accumulated from battles
* There are combo and magic

-Graphic
* The enemies looked like normalized Neptunia monsters
* The graphic seems to be improved a little

Anyway, for my first comment...is the writer really that lazy to use something like "something happened and they just disappeared" for a story premise? And don't get me how they introduced Fang,what should we know about him except that he coincidentally become a Fencer? So yeah, not really digging into it but i'm interested enough to wait for a trailer first since it's Uematsu and Tsunako
Either the story is just that boring or the writer just really have a poor writing skills but

*sigh* Yeah, I'm feeling the stagnation all the way from here. I've never had faith in Compile Heart's writing before, despite how much hope I've been clinging to, and it's probably not going to change now. I'm going to bet that Tiara gets kidnapped at some point and Fang has to defy someone or something because he swore to protect everyone and, at some point, he gets into an embarrassing situation with Tiara and Arin makes fun of him because the situation is lolz.

"The enemies looked like normalized Neptunia monsters"... what does it mean "normalized"?

"The graphic seems to be improved a little"... improved from what? Neptunia? Is this seriously Neptunia in almost everything but names?

As for the gods thing, have you played Xenoblade Chronicles? That did something similar but it made it work very well.

BlackDestiny
Majin
Majin

Postby BlackDestiny » Wed May 08, 2013 6:32 am

Porecomesis wrote:"The enemies looked like normalized Neptunia monsters"... what does it mean "normalized"?

If i have to guess, they no longer a parody from other franchises and less cartoonish

"The graphic seems to be improved a little"... improved from what? Neptunia? Is this seriously Neptunia in almost everything but names?

Probably from Neptunia V, i think comparising them is a logical thing because it's made by the same team and for the same platform as Neptunia V

As for the gods thing, have you played Xenoblade Chronicles? That did something similar but it made it work very well.

Never played Xenoblade, since i don't own a Wii, but i do heard praises about it

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed May 08, 2013 6:37 am

BlackDestiny wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:"The enemies looked like normalized Neptunia monsters"... what does it mean "normalized"?

If i have to guess, they no longer a parody from other franchises and less cartoonish

Well, we'll have to see how this turns out.

BlackDestiny wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:"The graphic seems to be improved a little"... improved from what? Neptunia? Is this seriously Neptunia in almost everything but names?

Probably from Neptunia V, i think comparing them is a logical thing because it's made by the same team and for the same platform as Neptunia V

Okay, technically, that's true. Writing wise, though? "Silver-haired Nepgear"? I mean, they really had no other ideas on what other character stereotypes they could've used? I know this whole set-up is rather typical for JRPGs and that's what they're going for with this whole Galapagos thing but honestly.

BlackDestiny wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:As for the gods thing, have you played Xenoblade Chronicles? That did something similar but it made it work very well.

Never played Xenoblade, since i don't own a Wii, but i do heard praises about it

My point was, while it is very lazily written, we can't write it off just yet no matter how much we want to.

BlackDestiny
Majin
Majin

Postby BlackDestiny » Wed May 08, 2013 6:39 am

Porecomesis wrote:Okay, technically, that's true. Writing wise, though? "Silver-haired Nepgear"? I mean, they really had no other ideas on what other character stereotypes they could've used? I know this whole set-up is rather typical for JRPGs and that's what they're going for with this whole Galapagos thing but honestly.

The editor is only talking about character design, not stereotypes

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”