The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:I see that I am needed here.

"Gun" is a pretty good place to start for a weapon for human Rei, but to add onto that, let's remember that Rei represents an era that's a fair bit older than our other CPUs. For that reason, I can imagine her weapon of choice being more old-fashioned looking and simple in design, like a Revolver or pistol. If we gave her a gun, I'd imagine her having pretty close range; as opposed to Uni she's clumsy and is too neurotic to aim all that well, so you'd need her in close, and then you've got all kinds of clumsy maneuvers for her to do in addition to shooting.

If we're going with guns and an older era, how about a flintlock pistol?

Aha, now we're getting to Atari level firearms, unique, yet very simple. Good thinking.

To be honest, it actually sort of bugs me since it doesn't really LOOK Tari-esque from what we've seen in the game.

On further thought, what about a ray gun, like the Atari XG-1? It also helps that it looks more like zeerust than anything else.


I was wondering when the ray gun would come up, yeah. I could see it with Rei's color scheme, black with white and blue ridges.
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

User avatar
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: The Lastation Basilicom

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Personally I'm liking this six chamber twelve round revolver. It's both old and intuitive at the same time (like the Atari itself). It's got a really interesting design too. Think she would ever use one of these?

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 13260
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:55 am
Contact:

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:18 pm

SilentAegus wrote:Personally I'm liking this six chamber twelve round revolver. It's both old and intuitive at the same time (like the Atari itself). It's got a really interesting design too. Think she would ever use one of these?

Spoiler:
Image

If we combine it with the XG-1, we could definitely get something cool out of it.

User avatar
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: The Lastation Basilicom

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:22 pm

So then, how would we go about doing that? Would we need to photoshop them together, or could someone here actually draw up something that incorporates both designs? I'd like to see how that would turn out.
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 3864
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 am

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Excelsia » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Porecomesis wrote:To be honest, it actually sort of bugs me since it doesn't really LOOK Tari-esque from what we've seen in the game.

On further thought, what about a ray gun, like the Atari XG-1? It also helps that it looks more like zeerust than anything else.

Oh I'm really liking this.
And like ArmedDragoon said, I think it'd look bloody fantastic in Rei's color scheme.

As for the revolver... well I'm not sure. Even though Atari is old-fashioned, a gun like that seems (well, to me at least) like it would be out of place in a world like Gamindustri. I would say that an energy/ray gun would suit Rei a lot better than one that fired physical bullets.

Plus, you know, a gun made for gaming would seem the logical choice if we want to be faithful to Atari.
Unless you simply mean incorporating the revolver's cylinder chamber to make the ray gun look cooler.

Perhaps the chamber acts as the gun's energy core or something, providing the power to discharge the energy blasts as it spins?

User avatar
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: The Lastation Basilicom

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, we did contemplate splicing the designs together, so yes. No I did not intend for her to wield the raw weapon, that would look a bit out of place I must admit. I just think that the design is interesting. To be precise, it functions the way it does because it also incorporates a double trigger and hammer setup, and that intrigues me. Also, this would allow for two swift shots before cocking back the hammers once more (and even that is quite fast).

How about this? What if each chamber held a disposable energy core (like you said, with each getting two shots), and upon expending all of them she loaded in a new set? It would be reminiscent of how most revolvers function, however I suppose it would be more Neptunia-esque, per se. Could we not incorporate the chambers and trigger system into the Atari XG-1 for a more Atari-centric design? I believe that a blue, white and black color scheme would make sense on such a gun (seeing as those are the primary colors in Rei's attire), and the power cores you mentioned would likely be fluorescent blue cells which could be loaded into the chambers. Upon expending the power cores, the byproduct that would be ejected from the gun when reloading would be faded-grey, black lined shells. I don't know exactly how to describe what they would look like, but I hope I'm conveying the general image.

If I could draw up what's on my mind I would, however I'm not an artist, nor will I ever be. :|
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 13260
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:55 am
Contact:

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm

SilentAegus wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, we did contemplate splicing the designs together, so yes. No I did not intend for her to wield the raw weapon, that would look a bit out of place I must admit. I just think that the design is interesting. To be precise, it functions the way it does because it also incorporates a double trigger and hammer setup, and that intrigues me. Also, this would allow for two swift shots before cocking back the hammers once more (and even that is quite fast).

How about this? What if each chamber held a disposable energy core (like you said, with each getting two shots), and upon expending all of them she loaded in a new set? It would be reminiscent of how most revolvers function, however I suppose it would be more Neptunia-esque, per se. Could we not incorporate the chambers and trigger system into the Atari XG-1 for a more Atari-centric design? I believe that a blue, white and black color scheme would make sense on such a gun (seeing as those are the primary colors in Rei's attire), and the power cores you mentioned would likely be fluorescent blue cells which could be loaded into the chambers. Upon expending the power cores, the byproduct that would be ejected from the gun when reloading would be faded-grey, black lined shells. I don't know exactly how to describe what they would look like, but I hope I'm conveying the general image.

If I could draw up what's on my mind I would, however I'm not an artist, nor will I ever be. :|

The problem with that is that an energy gun isn't bound by the same limitations of the revolver and to have to load in individual batteries for every shot seems counter-productive. The entire cylinder could be the battery, actually (although we could go for a pistol design with a clip-shaped battery, which would functionally be a lot easier).

User avatar
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: The Lastation Basilicom

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I suppose that would work, but wouldn't a huge revolver chamber shaped cell seem a bit odd? The clip system sounds better (as far as functionality), but then it would seem that the revolver will get scrapped. Hmm...revolvers look so nice though.

Random note: Actually, each cell would get two shots in the design I mentioned earlier, though that would still likely be insufficiently productive. However, it wouldn't be as counter-productive as you think if she used speed loaders.
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 3864
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 am

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Excelsia » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Well what I was moreso getting at was that the chamber would be such in appearance only. It's true function would be that of the gun's power cell, which energizes by rapidly spinning (like a motor, for a crude comparison) to build up the photonic charge needed to fire the weapon.

I imagine the power cell would be good for extended use. Though when it did run dry, it'd be a simple matter to change out the empty cell with a new one.

Like Pore said, needing individual capsules for each shot would likely hinder its efficiency.

Anyhow--right now I'm working on adding Rei's color scheme to the Atari XG-1 that you posted, so we can see what it'd look like. Though I'm not sure yet how to incorporate the cylinder chamber onto the gun. I'll try and think of something.

Though it's difficult to explain, I don't believe it would look as bizarre as you think, Aegus. The gun would basically look like it was made to fire revolver-style. Except instead of the chamber actually being used to house the shells, it provides the power for the gun.

Nngh. I can't really explain it perfectly in words.

User avatar
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: The Lastation Basilicom

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:48 pm

No, I didn't believe it would look awkward so much as it would be awkward in concept. For example, why would it retain the chamber design if it would be more efficient to have a perfect cylinder?

Also, yes I like the idea you presented with the chamber spinning. However, does this mean that the shots would be slowly paced in nature? The way I'm seeing it is that it would need to rev up again between shots, and if you were to leave such a thing running for a sustained period of time (say it didn't need to rev up each time), I would think the thing would overheat and/or explode. Then again, that's logic speaking, and I don't know how much ground that holds in Neptunia.

So, can we at least keep the double triggers!? *Fanboy moment (like Nepgear with robots)*
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 3864
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 am

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Excelsia » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:20 pm

No, the gun wouldn't need to rev up for each discharge. Once the power cell is energized and spinning, it continuously generates the charge needed to fire the energy pulses. As for any overheating issues, perhaps the weapon utilizes some kind of internal magnetic field to contain the energy that the power cell generates, or maybe the power cell itself simply doesn't overheat in the first place either because of what it's made of, or because of the type of energy it generates.

Though like you said... it's Neptunia; it doesn't need to make perfect sense. For that matter, we could ask why Nepgear's beam sword doesn't overheat, since it generates a laser blade. Like a light saber or something.

Anyhow--here's the recolored Atari XG-1. It's a bit of a rough job, but I think it's decent enough for our purposes.

User avatar
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 13260
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:55 am
Contact:

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Excelsia wrote:Though like you said... it's Neptunia; it doesn't need to make perfect sense. For that matter, we could ask why Nepgear's beam sword doesn't overheat, since it generates a laser blade. Like a light saber or something.

Anyhow--here's the recolored Atari XG-1. It's a bit of a rough job, but I think it's decent enough for our purposes.

Well, Nepgear's beam sword could actually be made from photonic molecules or something.

And nice pic.

User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Excelsia wrote:Anyhow--here's the recolored Atari XG-1. It's a bit of a rough job, but I think it's decent enough for our purposes.


Now this is nice, with the specifics of the cylinder system aside I think we've got our weapon.
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

User avatar
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: The Lastation Basilicom

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, technically speaking, the beam sword is likely pure energy, in which case overheating is simply not an issue. Meanwhile, in the case of an energy core, it has an outer casing, and that may be prone to melting and/or exploding due to internal heat.

By the way, nice recolor, that's a pretty design you've slapped on that device.
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 13260
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:55 am
Contact:

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:43 pm

SilentAegus wrote:Well, technically speaking, the beam sword is likely pure energy, in which case overheating is simply not an issue. Meanwhile, in the case of an energy core, it has an outer casing, and that may be prone to melting and/or exploding due to internal heat.

By the way, nice recolor, that's a pretty design you've slapped on that device.

You can't have a sword of "pure energy". Pure energy isn't a thing. That's like saying a car is made of velocity or tuna is made of yum.


Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests