Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Postby Aushria » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 am

I am about to continue on with this game...like right now, since I actually feel like playing it and have my PS3 turned on with nothing to do. That said, I decided to go the PSN to buy some DLC; not for this game...Cecillia Voice for BlazBlue =w=, when I got curious and decided to take a gander at FFF's DLC list......

The list won't stop getting longer, it is actually LAGGING THE STORE. I thought the DLC lists for Tales and Neptunia were horrendous, but I am literally frozen...FROZEN on top of Tiara's swimsuit DLC. Holy mother, Compile Heart needs to be fined by Sony for all of this...arguable crap that they put on the store.

Coreven
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Coreven » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:32 am

The dumb one is not the one asking, but the one paying.
Spoiler:
<Guyincognito> Very informative. I'm so glad there is a resource for info where threads stay on topic and don't instantly descend into pointless bullshit before dying
<Fir-Q> Otherwise known as Cor's Law.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:45 am

Fair enough. Although, I am grabbing all of the Free DLC, since its free. So why not?

einar
Majin
Majin

Postby einar » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:08 am

I think there's more worth in discussing the game, rather than the DLC (which are, by definition, optional)...

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:29 am

einar wrote:I think there's more worth in discussing the game, rather than the DLC (which are, by definition, optional)...

There's not really much to discuss about the game, only two of the members here are playing it, and only one understands Japanese—Xizro. I just wing it half the time.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 am

Actually there are two that understand Japanese, as einar is actually my brother.

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:58 am

xizro345 wrote:Actually there are two that understand Japanese, as einar is actually my brother.

Dun Dun Dunnnn!
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:
xizro345 wrote:Actually there are two that understand Japanese, as einar is actually my brother.

Dun Dun Dunnnn!

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Aushria wrote:
einar wrote:I think there's more worth in discussing the game, rather than the DLC (which are, by definition, optional)...

There's not really much to discuss about the game, only two of the members here are playing it, and only one understands Japanese—Xizro. I just wing it half the time.

This is surprising. Don't you import a lot?

Rin-chan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rin-chan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm going to start playing the game tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get too lost trying to translate everything in my head :lol:

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
Aushria wrote:

The last five games I bought this year are imports, it's not really hard when you're someone who's been playing Japanese games for almost eight years.

einar
Majin
Majin

Postby einar » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:27 am

Rin-chan wrote:I'm going to start playing the game tomorrow. Hopefully I won't get too lost trying to translate everything in my head :lol:

Save a few hiccups, I've found FFF pretty "easy" on the language part (and my trusty Casio EX-WORD did the rest).

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Got the first optional character.

Spoiler:
After fighting Apollones (and hearing some "odd" reasonings by Fang about why he should join their party - including "you don't need to wake up earlier", Shalman shows up, tries to kill Apollones but Fang gets in the way. Apollones is still alive, but gravely wounded. Fang and Tiara go to a nearby dungeon to retrieve a flower that supposedly can cure almost everything , however the flower withers after an encounter with a boss. Fang remembers the charm Emily (Apollones' sister) gave him in the future, that contains a powerful medicine. They manage to cure Apollones, and after another fight against him, he decides to join the party (after hearing that Fang was willing to beat him up "hundreds of times" if he wasn't willing to listen).

The Kamen Rider similarities also appeared again in a few minor details that I noticed.

Spoiler:
After Fang's power up, he gets a new special attack in Fury Form - Force Impact, that can be considered the "Ultimate Attack" several Riders get late in the series. Said attack is slightly similar to the Infinity Style final attack from Kamen Rider Wizard.

Looks like another "new" character will join the party soon as well.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Aushria wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:
Aushria wrote:

The last five games I bought this year are imports, it's not really hard when you're someone who's been playing Japanese games for almost eight years.

As an avid importer myself, I can say that while there will definitely be some trial-and-error at first, you don't really have to know any Japanese to play these games as long as you're willing to put in a little extra work.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

ivanchu77
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ivanchu77 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Any word about a localization? I´m starting to get a little worried :?

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”