What's your party set-up and names?

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: What's your party set-up and names?

Postby lopez » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Wait, so is the MC's class set or changeable? Is it like Etrian Odyssey Untold where the story character's classes are initially pre-set, but they can be changed after reaching level 30.

I was hoping you could pick the MC's class and the important MC-specific skills (summoning) would be added on top of the specific classes' skills.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:10 am

I know that I'll have a Paladin in the front row, and a healer, obviously... but everything else is up in the air...

R353ARCH_D35TROY
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby R353ARCH_D35TROY » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:36 pm

I know not or care not of any party members besides having a Ney Assassin named Nekawaii.

Pretty much the sole reason I got a Vita was based on exactly one screenshot of this game.

Hope it's as dungeon-crawly as it looks!

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 am

That seems to be the entirety, with obvious story scenes inbetween, so...you should be happy :lol:

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 pm

It reminds me of the Class of Heroes series more than anything.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 pm

lopez wrote:It reminds me of the Class of Heroes series more than anything.

If it's like that but not really bad like that or crazy grindy like Unchained Blades, I'll be happy.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:33 pm

lopez wrote:It reminds me of the Class of Heroes series more than anything.

Yeah, I see CoH in it for sure...I think it's the picture set up :P

SeedsofAnxiety
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SeedsofAnxiety » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 am

lopez wrote:Wait, so is the MC's class set or changeable? Is it like Etrian Odyssey Untold where the story character's classes are initially pre-set, but they can be changed after reaching level 30.

I was hoping you could pick the MC's class and the important MC-specific skills (summoning) would be added on top of the specific classes' skills.

I heard MC is classed as Gazer. You can't change that, but you can change MC's portrait and voice.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Yeah, it sounds like the MC's class is set... :(

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Now that the game's out, this is my party so far:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all begins with the Prinny. Apparently he's human. He likes to think he is. Hah, poor thing. He's into debt and you know how those things roll. He wants to dual-wield but fails at doing so. Poor, poor Prinny will never stop dual-wielding and failing until he gets killed or something. Or maybe he'll succeed one day, it all depends on how you properly dual-wield in this game. Oh, and he doesn't wear underwear and likes being surrounded by women, he's particularly picky about the breast size for his party- must be either flat or modest, anything more is heresy. His kokoro went doki doki as fuck when he saw Prometh. Truly the best girl in the game.

The second party member is Amber, a Dwarf with a Migmy skin. Apparently there are no female dwarves, so Migmy had to make-do. All the clovers make me think she's a drunk irishwoman, but she's not a redhead...She's cute anyways, and was the first party member. She's a Paladin because I thought Paladins could heal, but she tanks pretty well regardless. She doesn't have head armor despite her portrait making it look otherwise...and her underwear is dirty 'cuz of life. The dirty whore.

The last one is Quartz, the only pure girl (so far) in the party. She's a Migmy Healer, not too shy but surely naive as fuck as the healer archetype requires a character to be. Regardless, she's cute and does cute things, and wears clean underwear. The ribbons on her shoes are baller as fuck, baller enough to breakdance monsters to death. Perhaps. She dies in two hits.

The room arrangements go like this:

Amber sleeps next to the Prinny because...well, you know the reason for her dirty underwear. Maybe. Quartz sleeps peacefully in front of the two other rooms, giving no particular fucks about anything. She's chill every night. Probably does some things related with a certain chemist testing a certain substance in a day where he rode a bicycle, in 1943, to see her God and gain more healer-related abilities, all while no one's looking.

Also, I don't get what the Migmy things are supposed to be, though. They have furry ears that look like a dog. Is that it? They're...dog girls? If so, can't blame me for picking them over all other.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 pm

The party gets two new members! Introducing Jade and Gyokuzui!

Jade is a Ney ranger that looks like an elf since no Ney skins have bows in them. Regardless, all that matters is that she's cute as fuck. A sort-of-tsun-tsun girl, she's had a rather hard life, being born in furryland despite being a fucking elf. Thus, her tree-hugging hippy affinity with magic is almost none, instead opting to shoot arrows and hunt like an animal. She's wearing thief clothes as she's had to do petty things to survive until she became a mercenary, but here she is. Wears glasses because they're fucking moe, and gets along sort of well with the rest of the party, excluding Prinny. And you very well know why. Despite my initial doubts, she's proven to be a great character so far, and the ability to see enemy life bars alone makes her worth it.

And this is Gyokusui, a human samurai. At this point I said fuck min/maxing and her being human is the result. Choosing her name was hard, but at the end it ended up being Gyokusui, chalcedony in japanese to maintain the theme while being as weeaboo as possible. Her personality is cold and detached, but she does the job well. She's obviously skillfull for certain OH NOT SO OBVIOUS BUT MAYBE pseudoplot reasons. Spoilers: she killed people and shit. She can dual-wield as proof! And she's cute. Not as loli as the rest, but cute nonetheless. She also smokes weird herbs with a pipe in her free time, god knows why, but apparently it explains her expression. Maybe she's not cold, but shy? Regardless, the rest of the party is accepting. Especially Prinny...due to her flat chest. She's not wearing much equipment right now, since the party is poor due to her hiring. But it'll be worth it, they think.

The room arrangements ended up like this. Jade sleeps next to Quartz, and they sometimes get together to talk about whatever irrelevant topic comes to mind. She gets along well with the party's healer, despite her demeanor being...odd sometimes at night. Also, she's the only one that's bothered to decorate her room with something. She's as chill as Quartz, although exchanging the trippy ideas about deities and the origin of life with a judgemental and sometimes spiteful behavior (towards Prinny, mainly).

Gyokuzui sleeps next to Jade, and they get along okay. However, as Gyokuzui is rather withdrawn; she doesn't socialize much, except for drinking booze and smoking. Then she talks a little, mainly how she thinks everyone around her except for Jade are retarded. Oh you, Gyokuzui. However, she's a light weight, and in an hour or so she's already knocked out. And with her cheeks flushed and a cute expression, she looks even cuter.

That's the whole party, let's see how the merry group of moe mercenaries have been doing:

Whore.

Boredom sure is strong with this one. Or maybe she's meditating.

And she's a drunkard elf, fine. At least she's still cute.

Oh, so it wasn't psychological trauma and low self steem, but autism. Glad to know.

And that's my party so far. Maybe newcommers will keep on getting here, but where will they sleep?
四百二儒十燃やせ

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 pm

I have the MC, a Paladin and a Healer. Who should be the next member?

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:44 pm

Only started recently, but so far my MC is named Hero and my Paladin is named "Tank-chan". For some reason, I guess I decided to go with names that make the fourth wall not even exist.
Planning on adding a healer or wizard next, as for the name.....i'll think of something once I make it.
I'm hoping this won't be one of those games where I get three characters and then stop making new ones because i'm content with the party I have. I actually like the customization options in this game (being able to change portraits regardless of race/class really adds to the charm).

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Shizuka wrote:I have the MC, a Paladin and a Healer. Who should be the next member?

At this point it's really up to whatever you want. You got the tank and the healer already.

will57 wrote:I'm hoping this won't be one of those games where I get three characters and then stop making new ones because i'm content with the party I have. I actually like the customization options in this game (being able to change portraits regardless of race/class really adds to the charm).

You really need all five party members to get anywhere in the game. Especially since enemy numbers and strength just keep on increasing more and more as you keep on playing.
四百二儒十燃やせ

Return to “Demon Gaze”