*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on this Chapter:

5 out of 5 - Excellent
10
77%
4 out of 5 - Good
3
23%
3 out of 5 - Alright
0
No votes
2 out of 5 - Bad
0
No votes
1 out of 5 - Terrible
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 am

This is the place where you can discuss freely all the events that occur within Chapter 5 of Dangan Ronpa.

Just remember the following:

- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to discuss story events here that occur AFTER Chapter 5. Not even under spoiler tags.

-This thread will contain SPOILERS. If you have yet to complete Chapter 5 of Dangan Ronpa, it is recommended that you STAY AWAY from this thread until you have gotten to Chapter 6.

-Making comparisons with previous chapters is allowed, as long as you keep your main discussion on Chapter 5.

-Not everyone will have picked the same characters as you have during Free Time, for this reason if you plan on discussing Free Time events, place your text under spoiler tags and mention above which event and character that you talked about in the spoilers.
Example here:
Maizono Sayaka 1st Event:
Spoiler:
Esper


I may just create a seperate topic for discussion on Free Time events depending on how things run here.

And with that covered have fun discussing your adventure in Despair Acadamy!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby ero_prince » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 am

ok did anyone elso notice that in the first monokuma theater that the little TV that pops up is showing things from DanganRonpa another episode:zettai zetsubou shojo!?
i know they show a poster for it in the Vita version in SDR2 in the movie theater in chapter 3,but i had no idea they'd put it in the first
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
FiveOVER
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 871
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby FiveOVER » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:00 am

Nice catch! How did you even spot such a thing? I think they added it in for the vita version but is not present in the original psp version.
PSN: FIVE_Overs

User avatar
Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Crossbell, Arc En Ciel

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Sumner » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 am

So someone else noticed it too 8-)
Meteor Breaker!

User avatar
Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2081
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Emerald Emblem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I so called Kyoko being the Ultimate detective. I just knew it!

I got the bad end, what Kyoko had said before about taking a chance completely threw me off what I had to do. Thank goodness they made it into a vision so I didn't have to start the trial again.

User avatar
will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2423
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby will57 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Emerald Emblem wrote:I so called Kyoko being the Ultimate detective. I just knew it!

I got the bad end, what Kyoko had said before about taking a chance completely threw me off what I had to do. Thank goodness they made it into a vision so I didn't have to start the trial again.

Yeah that completely threw me off too. Although i'll admit, I wasn't willing to accept the consequences of that decision, so I reloaded right before the trial :lol: . Then when I saw Makoto was ended up being the one who was going to be punished, I thought that meant I made the wrong choice and had to choose to pursue the lie.
Unlike before though, I watched the cut scene and ended up completely surprised by the turn of events.

Though the reveal about Kyoko being the Ultimate detective was pretty obvious after a while.

So just to be clear, choosing the wrong choice results in Makoto having a vision or something?
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:00 pm

will57 wrote:
Emerald Emblem wrote:

So just to be clear, choosing the wrong choice results in Makoto having a vision or something?


Basically if you pick the wrong option which is bad end instead of Naegi getting executed its Kirigiri and then the remaining 5 students decide to live the rest of their lives at Hope's Peak with Asahina obtaining a reverse-Harem. (As shown in the pic)

So at this point you only have 1 chapter to go, who do you think the mastermind is?

Also some info on Naegi/Kirigiri's execution:

Naegi Makoto/Kirigiri Kyoko:
Naegi/Kirigiri was not bounded to their seats.(This surprised me) So they have the chance to escape. But they could not do so as they are in class. An allusion to how a typical student will not suddenly stand up from their seat during class when not called upon. The detention block symbolizes heavy pressure that students faced. And in Japanese, detention - 補習 means 知識を頭に叩き込む, driving knowledge into the head.

Just to add a little more on this execution is primarily aimed at Kirigiri and as you know "Detention" is the usual punishement you get for breaking the school rules now add on who Kirigiri's father is.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2423
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby will57 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Interesting, thanks for explanation. Kyoko/Makoto being given "detention" didn't even come to mind when I saw the cut scene. I figured it was the punishment was related to school or classes or something, but I assumed that was just because Makoto considered himself an average student.
Anyway though, there were quite a few reveals in this one chapter. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole thing is being broadcast live (assuming just about everyone is watching this, and probably not of their own will).
Image

User avatar
Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2081
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Emerald Emblem » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Mirai wrote:
will57 wrote:
Emerald Emblem wrote:

So just to be clear, choosing the wrong choice results in Makoto having a vision or something?


Basically if you pick the wrong option which is bad end instead of Naegi getting executed its Kirigiri and then the remaining 5 students decide to live the rest of their lives at Hope's Peak with Asahina obtaining a reverse-Harem. (As shown in the pic)

Toko dies though, I wonder how? >.>

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Emerald Emblem wrote:
Mirai wrote:
will57 wrote:
Emerald Emblem wrote:

So just to be clear, choosing the wrong choice results in Makoto having a vision or something?


Basically if you pick the wrong option which is bad end instead of Naegi getting executed its Kirigiri and then the remaining 5 students decide to live the rest of their lives at Hope's Peak with Asahina obtaining a reverse-Harem. (As shown in the pic)

Toko dies though, I wonder how? >.>


Its never explained how she died. The only thing Spike Chunsoft talked about in this picture is that all the kids have the same mother (Asahina) meaning Togami did not have a child with Touko Fukawa.

will57 wrote:Interesting, thanks for explanation. Kyoko/Makoto being given "detention" didn't even come to mind when I saw the cut scene. I figured it was the punishment was related to school or classes or something, but I assumed that was just because Makoto considered himself an average student.
Anyway though, there were quite a few reveals in this one chapter. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole thing is being broadcast live (assuming just about everyone is watching this, and probably not of their own will).


This is where things really come down and since chapter 5 and 6 is quite connected with one another I won't say anymore to prevent spoiling or giving any hints away.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Crossbell, Arc En Ciel

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Sumner » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I really liked this chapter. i remember when i went into panic mode and got the bad end.
The whole time i was like why everyone why :cry:
Meteor Breaker!

User avatar
CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:04 pm
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby CTOONfan1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:54 pm

will57 wrote:Interesting, thanks for explanation. Kyoko/Makoto being given "detention" didn't even come to mind when I saw the cut scene. I figured it was the punishment was related to school or classes or something, but I assumed that was just because Makoto considered himself an average student.


It more obvious in the original Japanese version since the execution is originally called Detention.

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Darcnova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Well, finished the chapter, and I have to say that I liked it, though if Makoto had a different execution, I would have sworn that the females had less brutal executions :P

I liked the bad ending CG though, gave me a chuckle :P

Now the dilema...stay awake a bit longer tonight, and finish the game...or save it for tomorrow?

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Darcnova wrote:Well, finished the chapter, and I have to say that I liked it, though if Makoto had a different execution, I would have sworn that the females had less brutal executions :P

I liked the bad ending CG though, gave me a chuckle :P

Now the dilema...stay awake a bit longer tonight, and finish the game...or save it for tomorrow?


Finish it Darc.
Image

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Chapter 5 Discussion

Postby Darcnova » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Will do! With any luck, I'll be done with Ch 6 in 2 hours, and the epilogue HOPEFULLY isn't as long as VLR's >.>


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest