*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Can anyone PM me the link to the novel? I'd look myself but spoilers >.< also the paywall's back up on SA so that outlet's gone

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:59 am

I finished the rest of the second book today.
DR0 Spoiler
Spoiler:
That was one hell of a plot twist! I can't beleve that junko planed that far ahead. Also poor matsuda :cry:
Meteor Breaker!

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:33 am

One thing that Kodaka loves to do is plot twist, he just loves do it, it's kind him trademark :lol:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Chapters 1-2:

Well this is interesting.

Chapter 3:

Spoiler:
Suddenly I'm in a shoujo anime.

Don't know who I dislike more at this point.

Someone please tell me Ryuko and Matsuda get better because that was an awful first impression.

Avebone
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Avebone » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:54 am

Beedlebud wrote:Chapters 1-2:

Chapter 3:

Spoiler:

Someone please tell me Ryuko and Matsuda get better because that was an awful first impression.

Yes, yes they do. Though to be honest it didn't really get that interesting for me until the 2nd book.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:01 am

Good to hear, thanks.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Beedlebud wrote:Good to hear, thanks.

To be honest the first book is just a set-up for all the excitement that occurs in the second book. I only liked a few parts in the first one and found the rest of it meh.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:11 pm

Beedlebud wrote:Chapters 1-2:

Chapter 3:

Spoiler:

That's cute.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:21 pm

*busts open the door*

I'm here to eat crow.

Major DR0 spoilers yada yada yada:
Spoiler:
So this was me throughout most of Book 1 and 2:

And here's me now:

Before I thought this was the dumbest thing ever and regretted ever wanting to read it. I cringed everytime a chapter would be told in Ryuko's POV and I'd have to endure more "MATSUDA-KUN MATSUDA-KUN MATSUDA-KUN" and "WHORE DUMBASS UGLY." Honestly though, if this wasn't DR I would've stopped at Chapter 3 of the first book. Matsuda and Ryuko were that bad to me.

But then Chapter 13 of Book 2 happened. HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK. :shock: Like....one of my friends vaguly hinted that my whole opinion of Ryuko would change at some point, but I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL FUUUUUUUUUUU. Just....DAMN. Been awhile since I had a mindfuck. Just...bravo. Dat payoff. You win this round author. It was going to take a lot to change my opinion of her, and....whelp. That was just about what it would take. My brain is still recovering.

Spy dude was alright, a shame he had to die (though I knew that was coming). I thought his ability was kind of cool but he got just as annoying as the other two after awhile, though he knew stuff so I was more tolerant of his appearances.

Poor Makoto though. Felt so bad for him. Not even a fan of him, but even before all the other bad stuff that he get's himself into the most unlucky of situations. I enjoyed Kyoko's (and Kirigiri's) appearances too. Also seeing Mukuro was awesome too.

Madarai was "eeeehhh"? I mean, I didn't really understand his ability. Being a bodyguard....lends itself into being immortal and having 7 brothers? Okay.

What's the deal with SHSL Hope though? He's important for a lot of the novels, but we never find him. Seems weird that Junko kinda just waved it away at the end like it didn't matter.

So...let me get this straight. Junko forms an uprising out of the preparatory school, which spreads to the rest of Hope's Peak Academy, which then spreads to the entire world in The Tragedy? I got kinda lost on that part.

But that's that. I probably won't read it again, but DR0 was an...experience to say the least.

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Major DR0 spoilers
Spoiler:
when yuuto was introduced i thought to myself he's the kellam of danganronpa :lol: when he died, i cried while saying why the whole time. I have a wacked out theory about the ultimate hope but it sounds like nonsense.
Meteor Breaker!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:18 am

Beedlebud wrote:*busts open the door*

I'm here to eat crow.

Major DR0 spoilers yada yada yada:
Spoiler:
So this was me throughout most of Book 1 and 2:

And here's me now:

Before I thought this was the dumbest thing ever and regretted ever wanting to read it. I cringed everytime a chapter would be told in Ryuko's POV and I'd have to endure more "MATSUDA-KUN MATSUDA-KUN MATSUDA-KUN" and "WHORE DUMBASS UGLY." Honestly though, if this wasn't DR I would've stopped at Chapter 3 of the first book. Matsuda and Ryuko were that bad to me.

But then Chapter 13 of Book 2 happened. HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKK. :shock: Like....one of my friends vaguly hinted that my whole opinion of Ryuko would change at some point, but I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT AT ALL FUUUUUUUUUUU. Just....DAMN. Been awhile since I had a mindfuck. Just...bravo. Dat payoff. You win this round author. It was going to take a lot to change my opinion of her, and....whelp. That was just about what it would take. My brain is still recovering.

Spy dude was alright, a shame he had to die (though I knew that was coming). I thought his ability was kind of cool but he got just as annoying as the other two after awhile, though he knew stuff so I was more tolerant of his appearances.

Poor Makoto though. Felt so bad for him. Not even a fan of him, but even before all the other bad stuff that he get's himself into the most unlucky of situations. I enjoyed Kyoko's (and Kirigiri's) appearances too. Also seeing Mukuro was awesome too.

Madarai was "eeeehhh"? I mean, I didn't really understand his ability. Being a bodyguard....lends itself into being immortal and having 7 brothers? Okay.

What's the deal with SHSL Hope though? He's important for a lot of the novels, but we never find him. Seems weird that Junko kinda just waved it away at the end like it didn't matter.

So...let me get this straight. Junko forms an uprising out of the preparatory school, which spreads to the rest of Hope's Peak Academy, which then spreads to the entire world in The Tragedy? I got kinda lost on that part.

But that's that. I probably won't read it again, but DR0 was an...experience to say the least.

Its good to see you enjoyed it in the end.
Major DR0 Spoilers
Spoiler:
I would actually recommend reading DR0 again like I did because when I read though DR0 knowing the "tomato surprise" (Ryoko is an identity created from an amnesic Junko) things in the light novel come off very differently its why I enjoyed most of the light novel in the end because like you I found Ryoko's "MATUSDA-KUN!!!" moments unbearable on my first read-through the light novel.

Kamishiro I thought he took his perverted jokes too far on some occasions he's an alright character overall and when he started talking about how much of the incident he knew and how boastful he was, I just knew he was going to die at that point.

Madarai is SHSL Octuplets and SHSL Bodyguard basically when Madarai was born there were 8 of them and at some point in time he became a talented bodygurad, he only said he was immortal because there are 8 versions of himself.

That's a setup for something in SDR2 and that's all i'm going to say about this.

To sum things up, Junko locked the student council as well as Kamukura in the Ex-school building (which is where DR1 is based) and told them they have to kill each other until one is left otherwise they'll die. They went and killed each other and whist this was happening Junko was broadcasting this to the preparatory students. At the end of the first school life of mutual killing Kamukura survives as well as Murasame, despite how horrible this event was the steerling commitee decided to hide Kamukura's existance. This led to the prep students to rage and protest about it because Kamukura was SHSL Hope and for someone as hopeful as him to commit mass murder like that, raised doubts in all of them on weather such a thing as Hope even existed. Leading them into despair which then spread through the media which lead to more people in despair and eventually it lead to chaos around the world that became to The World's Most Despair-Inducing Incident.

I can't say anymore unless I go into SDR2 spoilers so I'll leave it there.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Darkna
Peon
Peon

Postby Darkna » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 pm

This might not be place to ask this but since its a topic about dangan ronpa light novels i thought this topic would be best place to ask

Does anyone know if the light novel Dangan Ronpa IF spoil things from second game or is it like zero and only spoils stuff from first game?

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 pm

@Mirai- Okay...I think I understand it more now. Thanks!

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Darkna wrote:This might not be place to ask this but since its a topic about dangan ronpa light novels i thought this topic would be best place to ask

Does anyone know if the light novel Dangan Ronpa IF spoil things from second game or is it like zero and only spoils stuff from first game?

It's like Zero, just the first game. If you finished the first game you can read without fear.

I never disliked the relationship between Otonashi and Matsuda.

Spoiler:
I guess it's because I knew the truth all along.

Superbowl54
Majin
Majin

Postby Superbowl54 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 am

Beedlebud wrote:Can anyone PM me the link to the novel? I'd look myself but spoilers >.< also the paywall's back up on SA so that outlet's gone

Could I possibly get the same thing?

I finished the game and am very hungry for new DR stuff, but don't wanna risk spoilers for DR2.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”