Reviews Thread

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Reviews Thread

Postby lopez » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Post any and all Demon Gaze reviews.

Has anyone seen anything yet?

It's so hard to find anything meaningful about this game. I really wish NISA did some more marketing or something to promote this game... :?

Javen
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Reviews

Postby Javen » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:47 am

I've come across three so far:
http://gbatemp.net/review/demon-gaze.139/
http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/dare-look-evil-eye-demon-gaze-review/
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/126703/demon-gaze-review-endearingly-average/

I listed some I haven't read, because I saw people mention them on gamefaqs and thought it was worth posting. I read the gbatemp one and thought it was pretty good. I mainly wanted to read about the game systems, and their impression of how well it played out in combat, and I was impressed with what they covered. Probably worth noting that there is a section called "Story, Visuals and Music" that I skipped, because I don't want to be spoiled.

lopez wrote:It's so hard to find anything meaningful about this game. I really wish NISA did some more marketing or something to promote this game... :?

Have to agree, at least before the reviews went up I felt like there was almost no information about it. Except for the the site which has quite a bit of info, but I would've liked to hear some impressions from hands-on time.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 am

I read some of them (more like skimmed) and it seems to be a decent enough game. DRPG's haven't really been known to rock the boat with what they do, but they have been known for being enjoyable to the crowd they cater toward :)

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Haven't read it yet:

Gamestyle: 8/10

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Reviews Incoming!

Postby Shizuka » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:26 pm

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Siliconera Review

Mostly positive with a few minor criticisms. Overall, very accessible and enjoyable.

Selphares
Majin
Majin

Postby Selphares » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:47 am

There are several reviews around the general opinion is in the poitive area. Mostly the message seem to be that if you like the genre than the game will be a good choice. Oh and that it evil tricks beginners by first looking harmless and than crushes people in a good way. :)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:24 pm

USGamer reviewed for 4.5/5. RPGFan reviewed for 60%.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

The reviews seem to mostly mention the same things, both good and bad. The general consensus is positive, so that's good :)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:22 am

72 from IGN. Not good, but not bad either.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:07 am

Metacritic has 20 reviews

There are a couple 90's. The average is 73.

Selphares
Majin
Majin

Postby Selphares » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Hmmm wonde rif RPGFan is a bit bisased about well content taht involved free skin. In general they tend to review quite high also for NISA games with the same mechanic, but if the nudity factor gets a bit higher their rates tend to be lower.

That aside it seem to be a love or hate game but most reviews tend to be positive about it.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Lots of love, not a lot of hate. I'm fine with that.

Pimpalicious
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Pimpalicious » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:57 am

Selphares wrote:Hmmm wonde rif RPGFan is a bit bisased about well content taht involved free skin. In general they tend to review quite high also for NISA games with the same mechanic, but if the nudity factor gets a bit higher their rates tend to be lower.

That aside it seem to be a love or hate game but most reviews tend to be positive about it.

They seem to be giving games lower scores in general a lot lately. For a while they were infamous for overrating everything.

Selphares
Majin
Majin

Postby Selphares » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:05 am

Pimpalicious wrote:
Selphares wrote:Hmmm wonde rif RPGFan is a bit bisased about well content taht involved free skin. In general they tend to review quite high also for NISA games with the same mechanic, but if the nudity factor gets a bit higher their rates tend to be lower.

They seem to be giving games lower scores in general a lot lately. For a while they were infamous for overrating everything.

Yes I remember that even game sthat di in general abd everywhere else got about 76 or 80% at least. Maybe a change in users. Actually loved the site a long time but it feels recently indeed to negative.

Return to “Demon Gaze”