General *Spoilers*

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

General *Spoilers*

Postby lopez » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Keep all the potential spoilers discussion here.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: General *Spoilers*

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 am

I don't know if I go for Mars or the other demon from the other location at the beginning of the game. In any case, I've already acquired five seals from Mars' dungeon, might as well get her first.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 am

Shizuka wrote:I don't know if I go for Mars or the other demon from the other location at the beginning of the game. In any case, I've already acquired five seals from Mars' dungeon, might as well get her first.

You mean chronos? She's pretty tough without Mars's attack buff. For me, Mars was actually harder to beat than Chronos.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 am

Should I get my party full before I fight Mars? So far, only the MC and a Paladin for me.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am

Shizuka wrote:Should I get my party full before I fight Mars? So far, only the MC and a Paladin for me.

I recommend getting a third party member. Don't get a healer; Comet already heals you and so does the MC. I say go for a Fighter or Magician.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:32 am

Except Comet never heals me when I need her to. I heard a Magician isn't that important, and that a Ranger for the backrow would be more useful.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:33 am

Shizuka wrote:Except Comet never heals me when I need her to. I heard a Magician isn't that important, and that a Ranger for the backrow would be more useful.

I have the exact opposite occurrence. She heals me when nobody needs it.

I gave you my two cents, I don't have a ranger so I can't say that they are useful/unuseful.

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 am

BlancnOut wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Should I get my party full before I fight Mars? So far, only the MC and a Paladin for me.

I recommend getting a third party member. Don't get a healer; Comet already heals you and so does the MC. I say go for a Fighter or Magician.

A healer is recommended not only because of the inherent healing and buffing skills, but also because Holy Weapon makes the second dungeon much, much less of a chore.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:45 am

Paladin's skill holy charge helps against undead too. Giving a battle staff to a magician buffs attacks against undead as well. But whatever, I don't feel like dragging around a healer around till they're competent.

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:51 am

BlancnOut wrote:Paladin's skill holy charge helps against undead too. Giving a battle staff to a magician buffs attacks against undead as well. But whatever, I don't feel like dragging around a healer around till they're competent.

Yeah, but your Gazer is effectively useless without either Holy Weapon or getting lucky and having something drop a Holy Charge artifact. And in my opinion healers in this game are pretty competent from early on. Equip them with a healing staff and use it as an item to only spend MP on multitarget heals or buffs and it's wonderful.

Then again, every way you go with building your party is fine in this game. At least if you feel it is.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:58 am

zatrox wrote:
BlancnOut wrote:Paladin's skill holy charge helps against undead too. Giving a battle staff to a magician buffs attacks against undead as well. But whatever, I don't feel like dragging around a healer around till they're competent.

Yeah, but your Gazer is effectively useless without either Holy Weapon or getting lucky and having something drop a Holy Charge artifact. And in my opinion healers in this game are pretty competent from early on. Equip them with a healing staff and use it as an item to only spend MP on multitarget heals or buffs and it's wonderful.

Then again, every way you go with building your party is fine in this game. At least if you feel it is.

I'll make a healer later and see how well they fare. I'll get back to you about it.

Also believe it not I actually did get a holy charge artifact :o that's why I claimed the fight with Chronos was easier. Must've been all the exp and equipment I farmed from plowing through the enemies.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Healer it is. Thanks, guys.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 pm

The Mars battle wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. With a bit of strategy I was able to win the day, without a paladin mind you 8-)

On to the next Demon.

Are there any good ways to obtain gold? My team needs better equipment STAT (be it store bought over harvested from those portal things).

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon May 12, 2014 10:09 pm

best way i find is get nameless gems from the shop, go to the latest accessible area with lots of circles, dump in all the nameless, sell the goods.

Man, I'm STILL farming for that Big Muramasa... I tried using Nameless just because they have a high chance of getting "new" stuff... and I somehow managed to get all of Fran's items before seeing so much as a glimpse of the Big Muramasa.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu May 15, 2014 9:44 am

Finally got Mars and man, she's seems to be OP. She's hitting about the same or harder than my strongest attackers :shock: and she's only lvl 2 :shock:

Return to “Demon Gaze”