Arcana Heart 3: Love Max (PS3/PSV)

in Europe, for PS3 + PSVita
will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Arcana Heart 3: Love Max (PS3/PSV)

Postby will57 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Seventh wrote:Maybe they want to let the communities for BlazBlue die down a little, else a lot of people will just stay there?

Once Blazblue's community dies down, won't P4A2/Xrd be next (ignoring the odd dislike between GG and BB fans).
Come to think of it, P4A2 is set for September as well, right? I'm guessing that Xrd will be around by Winter.
That's not too bad of a wait though, after all, doesn't this release in Japan next month?

EDIT: Oh look, it's official http://www.aksysgames.com/

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:31 pm

It was always going to be official. Amazon doesn't get placeholder graphics with publisher logos already on them.

But yay, super excited.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm really wondering if I should cancel my pre-order for Under Night In-Birth Exe Late, cause i'm starting to think that five fighters in one year might be a bit too much. Especially when one is going to probably have the least amount of activity, because it'll be an imported title :? .
The others being Blazblue, AH3Love Max, GGXrd and P4A2, it seems obvious that those will have consistent and highly populated communities.
I assume that AH3 won't end up being anything like AquaPazza at the very least (didn't even last more than a month).

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Awesome news :mrgreen:

Really enjoyed the original, but didn't delve into the story enough, so I am definitely planning on getting thsi one, sides 700k+ characters of expanded story sounds pretty great ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:46 pm

Oh yeah. Out of curiousity, how is the combat in general with this series? I keep hearing that it's hard and complicated.
Spoiler:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, I definitely plan on buying this, especially since I just decided to cancel my UNIB pre-order the same day I made it (first import and I cancelled it, hope Play-Asia doesn't blacklist me or something :lol: ).

I have AH3, but I haven't really learned.....well anything to be quite honest. Back when I bought it, I was just button mashing and wasn't even into fighters. I got it for the character designs.
Coincidentally, I started downloading the game again and i'm going to try to actually learn some of the mechanics (hopefully find a main for Love Max while i'm at it).

I can't imagine it could be that difficult to learn though. Like every other fighter, it's just a matter of how much time you put into it.

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 pm

This is very smart strategy, so that all the summer fighting season relaxes into autumn, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! can get more attention and momentum.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:33 pm

affinity7799 wrote:This is very smart strategy, so that all the summer fighting season relaxes into autumn, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! can get more attention and momentum.

Doesn't AH have it's own crowd anyway? I mean, it's not like every single fighting game appeals to every other fan of 2D fighters. Not saying that I don't think it would be an issue, just that I don't think it will be that much of an issue.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:Oh yeah. Out of curiousity, how is the combat in general with this series? I keep hearing that it's hard and complicated.

It's not. There's a function that doesn't exist in any other fighting series (Homing), but it's nothing that complicated (mostly used for cancels and to keep your opponent in range) and it's about like any other fighter otherwise. In terms of functionality.

I like it better than other fighters. By a lot.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

not really into this series
Twitter - @Stealth___

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:07 am

stealth20k wrote:not really into this series

Bet you'd be if it were on the 3DS/WiiU :P

xD

Anyway, I can also attest that it's really not that hard to learn. I can't say anything about becoming "pro" or anything like that, but being able to get through story modes and play against people you know, is not an overly difficult thing to accomplish.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:20 am

Looking at the more recent arcade footage, it looks like you hardly stay on the ground in this game and the fights seem really fast paced, even when compared to ArcSys fighters. A lot of the characters actually seem fun though, so it doesn't look that bad at all.
Seriously though, i'm under the impression that the easiest way to lose is by trying to have a fight that doesn't result in flying all over the stage :lol: .

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Count me in for one copy of the Vita version. I bought AH3 as soon as it hit the PSN Store, two days before that whole PSN outage incident. A lot of people went months without playing the game because they waited a couple of days. This is Aksys' redemption.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Shizuka wrote:Count me in for one copy of the Vita version. I bought AH3 as soon as it hit the PSN Store, two days before that whole PSN outage incident. A lot of people went months without playing the game because they waited a couple of days. This is Aksys' redemption.

... Um, while I'm thrilled it's coming, by that logic, it should be Sony localizing it since they're the ones who need to be redeemed from that incident. Aksys just had bad luck. :?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:15 pm

I know Aksys didn't need to redeem themselves, but giving this game specially a retail print is a huge gesture, since they didn't localize the 360 version and the PS3 one was DD-only.

Return to “Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!!”