General *Spoilers*

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...
BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: General *Spoilers*

Postby BlancnOut » Thu May 15, 2014 2:45 pm

lopez wrote:Finally got Mars and man, she's seems to be OP. She's hitting about the same or harder than my strongest attackers :shock: and she's only lvl 2 :shock:

That's Mars for ya. Once you get good artifacts, you won't really need Mars. It's rank btw
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu May 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Beat Chronos and dat reveal. Poor eyepatch lady (can't remember her name) :(

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu May 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Mars is useful until Jupiter or Venus. After that, you have to take advantage of your characters and forget Demon Rage Mars.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu May 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Shizuka wrote:Mars is useful until Jupiter or Venus. After that, you have to take advantage of your characters and forget Demon Rage Mars.

Venus? She always gets annihilated in battle with me. Uranus and Jupiter are the most reliable imo
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu May 15, 2014 7:57 pm

I mean, for the Jupiter or Venus battles. Venus is useless as a demon, IMO. You'll get though most of the game with Mars and Chronos, the third one could be Hermes for Wind Act, Neptune for Regen, Jupiter for more damage, Uranus for Light Veil or Aries for Miracle.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu May 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Shizuka wrote:I mean, for the Jupiter or Venus battles. Venus is useless as a demon, IMO. You'll get though most of the game with Mars and Chronos, the third one could be Hermes for Wind Act, Neptune for Regen, Jupiter for more damage, Uranus for Light Veil or Aries for Miracle.

I was really peeved when I had to drag Venus everywhere in Astro's dungeon. Never used her after that, I constantly change my third demon, but always have Mars and Chronos with me. So far, Uranus has been useful to me and isn't a total liabilty, so I'll stick with her for now.

Spoiler:
Also when she yells "Uranus, charge!" I always snicker a little. I guess I'm used to pronoucing it yur-an-us; not yur-a-nus

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu May 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Spoiler:
Also, Screw the ether mirage. That 5k heal every 3 turns is overpowered as hell. Looks like I gotta farm for the right artifacts for my ranger and gazer. The sad part is that the thing couldn't kill me either, Neptune's heal shower kept nullifying any damage my party received, I just couldn't manage to do enough damage to overturn it's heal.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. You know my party already (I hope) so that gives a general idea of my formation. I was really hoping to just fight sol and go to post game after 45 hours of playtime.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Got Hermes.

Is Comet even worth keeping as a battle option?

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Fri May 16, 2014 1:45 pm

lopez wrote:Got Hermes.

Is Comet even worth keeping as a battle option?

No. Not really.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri May 16, 2014 7:01 pm

She's never a viable option, only when you have nothing but her in the beginning.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Fri May 16, 2014 8:55 pm

Comet is useful if you don't connect online to see all the msg people left....other than that, she's good in one place to run away.

TiamatNM
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TiamatNM » Sat May 17, 2014 2:45 am

BlancnOut wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, Screw the ether mirage. That 5k heal every 3 turns is overpowered as hell. Looks like I gotta farm for the right artifacts for my ranger and gazer. The sad part is that the thing couldn't kill me either, Neptune's heal shower kept nullifying any damage my party received, I just couldn't manage to do enough damage to overturn it's heal.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. You know my party already (I hope) so that gives a general idea of my formation. I was really hoping to just fight sol and go to post game after 45 hours of playtime.

Looked at your party in the other topic. Other than you having a ranger and me having a samurai the teams are similar.

Ether Mirage gave me trouble too. I did some preparation and when I finally went and fought it again won before he got to heal partly cause of Mars randomly being a murderer (did 3000+ damage the 1st turn). I used Mars, Hermes, Pluto for this fight (for attack, hit, and magic up respectively) for an offense focused setup. If you don't have the following artifacts it might be worth trying to get them. This is just the way I did it, not claiming this is the best way but with your party it should be doable.
Artifacts needed: Bane skills (at least terra bane or mars bane) and give to your paladin (gazer already has them naturally). Also need either fast cast (i didn't have this so I couldn't put it on my healer) or the artifact with the support skills (with multi-hit and stuff)

Open Mars and do concentrate with the bane skill characters (prob just gazer and paladin in your case). wizard/healer (whoever can do it) fast cast > multi-hit. It will make your bane skills hit better. You can do fast cast-multi hit again the next turn too if you want or you can start doing fast cast > quad bolt. If your weapons are strong and you get a little lucky like I did you could potentially kill him before the first heal. Otherwise, if you can't kill him before hte first heal you could just spend the first few turns buffing your hit to really high levels and giving divine weapon buff to your attackers (if you have that skill on your healer) and then just unload on it after it does that first heal.

Also preparation wise make sure you've got your best weapons upgraded, farm weapon gems at circles if you need upgrade fodder. Also cast whistle, force hit, and force avoid before the battle cause those carry into the fight (and the boss can do position change...)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat May 17, 2014 10:00 am

Ether Mirage was the point where I turned the difficulty down.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 am

Whelp, Rage Neptune is pwning me. It's really just her high auto heal move that's making this battle hard. Since I can't use most of my magic spells underwater, all I have going is my Gazer, Assassin and Ranger. My Healer and Wizard are just throwing out item heals when needed.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat May 17, 2014 10:21 am

At that point, you really have to go all-out on the bosses, and with luck, you can take them down in two or three turns.

Return to “Demon Gaze”