What's your party set-up and names?

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: What's your party set-up and names?

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:11 pm

zatrox wrote:You guys are so weak. You don't even write one line about your party members personalities! You're doing it wrong!

Give me time!
Spoiler:
Yuki-chan (the MC) is kidna perverted and very outgoing, and Neila just started serving "him". They don't have any sort of history. Neila's the quiet type, and the one who devises the strategies for the team right now (completely against her wishes), but really would like someone else to take over. Yuki isn't a bad strategist, but she already has to deal with healing, combat, and commanding the demons. Not to mention continuing to keep up the appearance that she's a guy, which she does because she finds it more fun to try and find straight girls to convert to her side. She's not the most honest one :lol:

There, some background to my characters
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Great parties, guys!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 am

Seventh wrote:
zatrox wrote:You guys are so weak. You don't even write one line about your party members personalities! You're doing it wrong!

Just wait until I get the game. 8-)

See you in 2016.

:shock:

We'll be playing the game at the same time :shock:

-----

So, what's this "game-breaking" party I keep reading about? People keep mentioning it, but never specify what the classes/races are.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu May 01, 2014 11:11 am

It involves having a Paladin on the front-row, beefed with VIT and high-def armors, using Devotion, and all the other characters on the back-row, but that limits your party, since on the back-row, Fighter and Samurai are useless.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Fri May 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Spoiler:
Contains cursing and derogatory terms. Don't worry, this all aimed towards fictional characters. ;)

Don't hurt me Zatrox, but I pretty much just used your template. I'm not as a creative as you though.

I promised I'd do an actual party introduction, so here I am with my new-ish party. (Spoilers they consist of pretty much the same characters)

This is me, cuz I'm not one to go make up fake names for a character I'm playing as. Coincidentally, BlancnOut is not my real name, but naming him Robert is kinda lame. I was going for a tanky kind of MC but I picked up a battleaxe so now all I focus on is strength and making sure I'm buffed enough actually land a damn attack.

Matilda is and still is (according to her) a sentry unit for a prestigious family. Why she still claims to be protecting a long dead family is beyond me, but she insists that is the case so I try not to argue. Most people that know her have said that when demons attacked the family, she was thrashed around like a ragdoll unable to save the family. She vowed to kill every demon she came into contact with (of course she always ran away due to PTSD). At night she can be found in the hall drinking away her miserable attempts of trying to fights demons and being a failure as a sentry, but hey; better than being suicidal, I guess. She can be a little bitch at times, but with the party at her side she gets the job done.

Also, she's thrashes alot and hits the wall when she sleeps. I think it's been day three that I haven't been able to sleep.

Yuri is the "normal" one in the party, and I use that term very carefully. She's deredere as all hell and loves to cook for the party. Her favorite dish is the Chocolate Ice Cream Double Dipped Banana-Split Taco. Yeah, I know. Hitomi suffered sugar coma at one point and refuses to eat the damn thing. She's uh...well she's a fucking fatass, which is why she loves to cook. You can pretty much count on her to eat any or all consumables during the dungeon crawl. She claims that it helps with inventory space since she can just heal us with her staff, but we all know that she's a gluttonous skank. I jest about the skank part, but damn I wish I knew what skewered fish and meat tasted like...I'm quite positive that sugarary food will be the death of me.

Then we have Setsuna...ahh the nutjob. Gotta love nutjobs. If I ever called anybody weird here in the forums I'm truly sorry to have put you in the same category as Setsuna. She is by all accounts: a crazy bitch. Setsuna doesn't just talk like she's eaten a week's worth of Chocolate Ice Cream Double Dipped Banana-Split Tacos, she also does the creepiest fucking things ever. I think she's turned on by her own weirdness, and I've seen her get nosebleeds from looking at a mirror. Once. Just for funsies, she grabbed a goblin by the neck, shot it in the head, then proceeded to throw brain slush at us. Just for the hell of it. She's an excellent markswoman and pretty much dodges anything the enemies throw at her, but holy hell she's is crazy as balls. At least she doesn't try to kill us in our sleep for fun everyday.

Spoiler:
She's fucking awesome and I love her btw.

Lastly we have Hitomi. I want to say that she's just as crazy as Setsuna, but that's not right. Not by a long shot. (hah long shot..cuz Setsuna is a ranger..get it..?) Hitomi has this thing. This thing that real people in the real world suffer with. If you've ever heard of OCD, and have ever claimed to have such a condition, then you don't know Hitomi. Hitomi has a thing for numbers...they have to end with 5 or 0. So everytime she sees a number that doesn't, she throws the biggest bitchfit I've ever seen. She kept begging me not take her out on dungeon crawls when she hit level 5 and refused to do anything unless her stats are all ending with 5 or 0. I had Setsuna give her what I call "the talk" and Hitomi has been less hesitant accompany us on our journeys. Everytime she seems reluctant to do something, Setsuna gives her the creepiest smile. Hitomi usually runs behind me or Matilda and says "Okay I'll do it! Just don't let her do it again!". I don't know what Setsuna said to her, but as long as she's doing something other bitching about numbers and stats, I'm happy. Oh, and she's cute as hell too.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat May 03, 2014 12:36 pm

That's a nice party there. If you want, put a bow on your MC and let the Paladin alone on the front-row taking all the damage.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Sat May 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Shizuka wrote:That's a nice party there. If you want, put a bow on your MC and let the Paladin alone on the front-row taking all the damage.
I tried that, but my paladin needs better armor before she's able to be the only one in front.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat May 03, 2014 6:54 pm

To be quite honest, later in the game, bosses can O.H.K.O. your Paladin without any trouble. That gamebreaking party isn't really useful if you ask me.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon May 12, 2014 6:25 pm

I currently have:

Front: Gazer, Assassin
Back: Healer

I've never been a fan of defender classes in DRPGs and hopefully this game'll be no different.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon May 12, 2014 6:57 pm

My party is
Gazer, with sword and shield
Palladin, spear but mostly DEF and VIT items
Samurai, dualwielding stuff, mostly for insta-kill and KO+paralyze status ( pico pico hammer )
Healer, who doesn't actually heal anymore, but buffs
Ranger, shooting stuff

At this point in the game, my palladin draws attack on the front line, my gazer and ranger do damage when they can, and along with samurai ( they all have slash 3 or slash 2 ) murder groups of enemies, healer casts holy shield.

Or for bosses, cast light's veil, concentrate gazer for terra/jupiter bane, use slash 3 with samurai to inflict status/get rid of seeds, healer buffs hit and avoid, divine weapon, divine armor, ranger concentrate EX for true snipe and jupiter bane.

Combined with miracles from the final demon, i often can't even get hit anymore.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Mon May 12, 2014 7:25 pm

I had Pally, gazer front
and back assassin,healer, wizard.

once I got unlimited range with my gazer, I equiped him with dual wield and put him in the back.
With divine armor, the pally could tank anything and later even without it he was doing pretty good ( maybe a few artifact like parry helps though).

I wasn't sure about assassin at first, but once you get cross fix and the other skill, they're not bad, they're good finisher and utilities.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon May 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Outside of random battles, how viable is a Samurai, especially for boss battles?

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Tue May 20, 2014 5:08 pm

lopez wrote:Outside of random battles, how viable is a Samurai, especially for boss battles?

I haven't really tried, but I supose with high evasion you can use carnage EX.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue May 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Dorarnae wrote:
lopez wrote:Outside of random battles, how viable is a Samurai, especially for boss battles?

I haven't really tried, but I supose with high evasion you can use carnage EX.

I had a Samurai, but never used Carnage. Early on, he was useful because of Slash, but later in the game, he'll only be worth it if you get the right artifacts.

Liexi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Liexi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:13 am

Might be old topic, but I'll give this background thing a shot. I'm bored. Prepare for stereotypical and boring bios!

Spoiler:
Drake (Gazer): Calm and laidback MC, while having a deadpan and sarcastic sense of humor. He's kind and considerate, but can be ruthless to those that cross him. He still doubts his abilities at times, but still manages to step up and lead his party to victory when the moment comes.

Jernoia (Human Paladin): A young woman that comes from a prestigious family. However, she was looked down upon for being a female causing her to rebel against her family and drop their name. She wanted to become a demon hunter, but never had much luck in endeavors. Down on her luck, she was found by Fran and introduced to Drake, the new Demon Gazer, and became his partner to help further her abilites. She is a tsundere but is still sociable and slowly warms up to people. She also sometimes seems to lack common sense, having been sheltered for a good part of her life. Still, a strong bond of trust is between her and Drake as she is his first partner.

Ruby (Fey Healer, but has the appearance of a Human Healer): The innocent one of the party who is a doctor in training. She is similar to Compa from Neptunia in many regards being very nice but also a ditz, though she acts like the little sister being the youngest, looking up to Saiya and Jeronia. Still her innocence has put everyone in the inn in very awkward situations. She joined Drake to help improve her medical knowledge and has a small crush on the Demon Gazer.

Saiya (Ney Samurai): The oldest of the party who is a former bounty hunter that retired after losing her husband and child to a demon. While she is also playful and flirty frequently teasing people, she uses this to hide the broken spirit in her. She joins Drake because Fran made her get a job to work off the massive debt. She is often drinking in her free time and often causes outrageous situations to entertain herself.

Judes (Elf Wizard): The only other male of the party and a very intelligent, but jackass of a wizard. Many people find him unsociable due to his condescending and rude attitude. However, this is because as a child he was frequently looked down upon and bullied leading to him thinking people were a waste of time. Joining Drake to help further his research, he begins to mellow out. He can often be find doing experiments, though is careful not to blow anything up to avoid Fran's wrath.

Return to “Demon Gaze”