Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
User avatar
Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4252
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:36 am
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Aushria » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:05 am

Seventh wrote:If it helps, I'm getting the firefly game no matter what happens here. :lol:

I'd say the same if it were a physical release... -_-

No one said all their games, but if censoring games and messing with scripts has been profitable enough for it to keep happening and the policy is "we will do it because we're making money," then it (supporting NISA = supporting NISA's "philosophy") seems like a reasonable conclusion to make.

I agree with this sentiment, which is why I have abstained from purchasing Neptune PP. after their abhorrent ratio of voiced and unvoiced scenes in Mk2 and Victory. (Also the fact that it is, once again, digital only.)

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Zantagor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:06 am

artemusclyde wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:Cause in the censorship arguments NIS mods always bring up the whole, are company has been profitable for years so your opinion doesn't matter argument. So people see that as supporting any game from NIS as supporting censorship, the mods really need to drop that stance, it rubs people the wrong way and turns them off from the company. It also gives the company a negative image to customers by doing stuff like that. Once again bad customer service.


You guys are misunderstanding what the mods were saying and making a huge leap if you think that "NISA will act in the way that has been profitable for them for years" means "buying anything from NISA means they will censor all their games".

Especially since only three games have been censored by them! Though I guess four because of Rhapsody DS, which I've never played, I'm only going by what I heard. Four games, three of which aren't even NIS in-house games.

So yeah, looking at that at how low their censorship rate actually is, I honestly do think you guys misinterpreted what Houk was saying. And on the subject of Houk, even though he seems dismissive, he's actually a really good mod. The only company rep I've seen that communicates with the consumers and let's them know what's going on as much as he does was one of the Atlus admins, before the forums closed.


It is a leap, but you got to remember that the mods are representing the company. So when people see stuff like that, they view it as company words. I personally won't be canceling all my orders, besides of course refusing to buy Criminal Girls and Mugen Souls, but it does make me wary of the company when they say stuff that basically amounts to, we don't care about your opinion. Brings up bad memories of ar tonelico 2 when I found out halfway through the game that the Japanese voices were removed. Basically it results in me not trusting NIS very much. Also, they have really bad customer service, some of the arguments they make is just ludicrous, like that one mod who said that their customers buy games because of how they translate. That comment made me rage so hard especially when they do stuff like the dumb std joke.


Well, the voices being removed in Ar tonelico 2 was due to a physical limit of the medium at the time, had they only kept the japanese voices, SCEA would've refused them release, since at the time SCEA was pretty set on having dubs or nothing. If they didn't include the japanese voices (at least partly) then people would have went to the fences to whine about not having them.

User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 am

I knew I could count on you, Seventh.


artemusclyde wrote:It is a leap, but you got to remember that the mods are representing the company. So when people see stuff like that, they view it as company words. I personally won't be canceling all my orders, besides of course refusing to buy Criminal Girls and Mugen Souls, but it does make me wary of the company when they say stuff that basically amounts to, we don't care about your opinion. Brings up bad memories of ar tonelico 2 when I found out halfway through the game that the Japanese voices were removed. Basically it results in me not trusting NIS very much. Also, they have really bad customer service, some of the arguments they make is just ludicrous, like that one mod who said that their customers buy games because of how they translate. That comment made me rage so hard especially when they do stuff like the dumb std joke.


One thing I'll say is that I'm not a fan at all of how The Dood Abides addresses forum greivances. While Houk will only start getting dismissive when complaints are being repeated and discussions aren't going anywhere, from what I've seen, TDA goes right for the gut. So yeah, I can see where the perception of "bad customer service" comes from if all you've seen of it is from censorship debates, but it's by no means representative of the company as a whole.

Esty was a mistake and everyone agrees that her last name is Erhart, right?
Last edited by ArmedDragoon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby artemusclyde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 am

Aushria wrote:
Seventh wrote:If it helps, I'm getting the firefly game no matter what happens here. :lol:

I'd say the same if it were a physical release... -_-

No one said all their games, but if censoring games and messing with scripts has been profitable enough for it to keep happening and the policy is "we will do it because we're making money," then it (supporting NISA = supporting NISA's "philosophy") seems like a reasonable conclusion to make.

I agree with this sentiment, which is why I have abstained from purchasing Neptune PP. after their abhorrent ratio of voiced and unvoiced scenes in Mk2 and Victory. (Also the fact that it is, once again, digital only.)


Thankfully idea factory is now localizing their own games.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6262
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby myskaros » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 am

Totooria wrote:Name calling? What did I call him that was offensive or rude at all?

There are 2 newer user accounts, you and "Totori," as well as a slew of random new accounts with fewer than 20 posts. He may have merely mixed you up for one of those, if he quoted you specifically ^_^

Also, good morning all ye dissenters! How's that rabbling going?

User avatar
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Esper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:12 am

ArmedDragoon wrote:Esty was a mistake and everyone agrees that her last name is Erhart, right?

Koei Tecmo had the opportunity to fix her name in the Rorona Plus release of the game on the Vita but opted to keep the terrible sex joke instead. Hell, NISA had the opportunity to fix it in Totori and Meruru but didn't for "continuity" sake. I would have changed it in the second game, apologized and never looked back. But now we've got SIX GAMES tainted with that bad localization choice.

artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby artemusclyde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 am

Zantagor wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:Cause in the censorship arguments NIS mods always bring up the whole, are company has been profitable for years so your opinion doesn't matter argument. So people see that as supporting any game from NIS as supporting censorship, the mods really need to drop that stance, it rubs people the wrong way and turns them off from the company. It also gives the company a negative image to customers by doing stuff like that. Once again bad customer service.


You guys are misunderstanding what the mods were saying and making a huge leap if you think that "NISA will act in the way that has been profitable for them for years" means "buying anything from NISA means they will censor all their games".

Especially since only three games have been censored by them! Though I guess four because of Rhapsody DS, which I've never played, I'm only going by what I heard. Four games, three of which aren't even NIS in-house games.

So yeah, looking at that at how low their censorship rate actually is, I honestly do think you guys misinterpreted what Houk was saying. And on the subject of Houk, even though he seems dismissive, he's actually a really good mod. The only company rep I've seen that communicates with the consumers and let's them know what's going on as much as he does was one of the Atlus admins, before the forums closed.


It is a leap, but you got to remember that the mods are representing the company. So when people see stuff like that, they view it as company words. I personally won't be canceling all my orders, besides of course refusing to buy Criminal Girls and Mugen Souls, but it does make me wary of the company when they say stuff that basically amounts to, we don't care about your opinion. Brings up bad memories of ar tonelico 2 when I found out halfway through the game that the Japanese voices were removed. Basically it results in me not trusting NIS very much. Also, they have really bad customer service, some of the arguments they make is just ludicrous, like that one mod who said that their customers buy games because of how they translate. That comment made me rage so hard especially when they do stuff like the dumb std joke.


Well, the voices being removed in Ar tonelico 2 was due to a physical limit of the medium at the time, had they only kept the japanese voices, SCEA would've refused them release, since at the time SCEA was pretty set on having dubs or nothing. If they didn't include the japanese voices (at least partly) then people would have went to the fences to whine about not having them.


Couldn't they have done multi discs?

User avatar
alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby alistair » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 am

I found it & bookmark it too for future reference. ;)

Now let's talk about this total BS double standards censorship on GC & MOM-MOM having the same gimmick content. ;)

User avatar
kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Right behind you !

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby kanade2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:15 am

Totori wrote:So far NISA has censored:
Atelier Rorona (Age censor, ant the stupid crap about the casing)
Neptunia 1 (The case, yes that counts)
Rhapsody
Disgaea 3 (Stage editor)
Mugen Souls
Mugen Souls Z (Bathing Minigame, and the case)
And now Criminal Girls
(Anyone got anymore to add on here?)

From what I heard they changed Iris Heart also, but I'm not too sure on that one.

@Zantagor
Does Esty Dee count also good localization?


HDN Victory avatars were censored,and first batch were poorly cropped.
AT 3 had age changes.
It was D4 that got the map editor censored,and not D3 btw. NISA lacked a team that could monitor online for penis maps so we should reasonable here,and not chew them out for it.

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Zantagor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 am

artemusclyde wrote:
Zantagor wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:Cause in the censorship arguments NIS mods always bring up the whole, are company has been profitable for years so your opinion doesn't matter argument. So people see that as supporting any game from NIS as supporting censorship, the mods really need to drop that stance, it rubs people the wrong way and turns them off from the company. It also gives the company a negative image to customers by doing stuff like that. Once again bad customer service.


You guys are misunderstanding what the mods were saying and making a huge leap if you think that "NISA will act in the way that has been profitable for them for years" means "buying anything from NISA means they will censor all their games".

Especially since only three games have been censored by them! Though I guess four because of Rhapsody DS, which I've never played, I'm only going by what I heard. Four games, three of which aren't even NIS in-house games.

So yeah, looking at that at how low their censorship rate actually is, I honestly do think you guys misinterpreted what Houk was saying. And on the subject of Houk, even though he seems dismissive, he's actually a really good mod. The only company rep I've seen that communicates with the consumers and let's them know what's going on as much as he does was one of the Atlus admins, before the forums closed.


It is a leap, but you got to remember that the mods are representing the company. So when people see stuff like that, they view it as company words. I personally won't be canceling all my orders, besides of course refusing to buy Criminal Girls and Mugen Souls, but it does make me wary of the company when they say stuff that basically amounts to, we don't care about your opinion. Brings up bad memories of ar tonelico 2 when I found out halfway through the game that the Japanese voices were removed. Basically it results in me not trusting NIS very much. Also, they have really bad customer service, some of the arguments they make is just ludicrous, like that one mod who said that their customers buy games because of how they translate. That comment made me rage so hard especially when they do stuff like the dumb std joke.


Well, the voices being removed in Ar tonelico 2 was due to a physical limit of the medium at the time, had they only kept the japanese voices, SCEA would've refused them release, since at the time SCEA was pretty set on having dubs or nothing. If they didn't include the japanese voices (at least partly) then people would have went to the fences to whine about not having them.


Couldn't they have done multi discs?


The game was not made to be played through multi discs, this would've required additional coding from the original developers, more QA, and more costs for NISA for getting multidisc cases, and press an additional disc. In my opinion, and probably theirs, the rise in cost was most definitely not worth it.

artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby artemusclyde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 am

Esper wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:Esty was a mistake and everyone agrees that her last name is Erhart, right?

Koei Tecmo had the opportunity to fix her name in the Rorona Plus release of the game on the Vita but opted to keep the terrible sex joke instead. Hell, NISA had the opportunity to fix it in Totori and Meruru but didn't for "continuity" sake. I would have changed it in the second game, apologized and never looked back. But now we've got SIX GAMES tainted with that bad localization choice.


Can you really blame Tecmo though? Seems like they also went with it for continuities sake.

User avatar
St0ck
Majin
Majin
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby St0ck » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:20 am

Man, people get pissed when you remove moans and add in some steam to cover underage girls.
To each there own I guess.
Image

User avatar
kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1012
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Right behind you !

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby kanade2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 am

artemusclyde wrote:
Esper wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:Esty was a mistake and everyone agrees that her last name is Erhart, right?

Koei Tecmo had the opportunity to fix her name in the Rorona Plus release of the game on the Vita but opted to keep the terrible sex joke instead. Hell, NISA had the opportunity to fix it in Totori and Meruru but didn't for "continuity" sake. I would have changed it in the second game, apologized and never looked back. But now we've got SIX GAMES tainted with that bad localization choice.


Can you really blame Tecmo though? Seems like they also went with it for continuities sake.


If i"m not mistaken TK has actually been outsourcing the localization of Atelier games to Acttil.

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Zantagor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 am

artemusclyde wrote:
Aushria wrote:
Seventh wrote:If it helps, I'm getting the firefly game no matter what happens here. :lol:

I'd say the same if it were a physical release... -_-

No one said all their games, but if censoring games and messing with scripts has been profitable enough for it to keep happening and the policy is "we will do it because we're making money," then it (supporting NISA = supporting NISA's "philosophy") seems like a reasonable conclusion to make.

I agree with this sentiment, which is why I have abstained from purchasing Neptune PP. after their abhorrent ratio of voiced and unvoiced scenes in Mk2 and Victory. (Also the fact that it is, once again, digital only.)


Thankfully idea factory is now localizing their own games.


For all we know, IF might do the same.

User avatar
Totori
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:59 am
Location: Singing while my head is in the clouds~
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Totori » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 am

kanade2 wrote:
Totori wrote:So far NISA has censored:
Atelier Rorona (Age censor, ant the stupid crap about the casing)
Neptunia 1 (The case, yes that counts)
Rhapsody
Disgaea 3 (Stage editor)
Mugen Souls
Mugen Souls Z (Bathing Minigame, and the case)
And now Criminal Girls
(Anyone got anymore to add on here?)

From what I heard they changed Iris Heart also, but I'm not too sure on that one.

@Zantagor
Does Esty Dee count also good localization?


HDN Victory avatars were censored,and first batch were poorly cropped.
AT 3 had age changes.
It was D4 that got the map editor censored,and not D3 btw. NISA lacked a team that could monitor online for penis maps so we should reasonable here,and not chew them out for it.


Okay, I can give them the D4 that's pretty reasonable seeing how peeps can be on the PSN.
"It will all be over soon...I promise" /[email protected]/
Image


Return to “Criminal Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests