Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby artemusclyde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 am

Zantagor wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:
Aushria wrote:
Seventh wrote:If it helps, I'm getting the firefly game no matter what happens here. :lol:

I'd say the same if it were a physical release... -_-

No one said all their games, but if censoring games and messing with scripts has been profitable enough for it to keep happening and the policy is "we will do it because we're making money," then it (supporting NISA = supporting NISA's "philosophy") seems like a reasonable conclusion to make.

I agree with this sentiment, which is why I have abstained from purchasing Neptune PP. after their abhorrent ratio of voiced and unvoiced scenes in Mk2 and Victory. (Also the fact that it is, once again, digital only.)

Thankfully idea factory is now localizing their own games.

For all we know, IF might do the same.

True, but so far their all right in my book, they even apologized to European fans for not releasing a physical version of Rebirth if I remember correctly. As for Ar tonelico 2, I remember their being some outcry over the translations so it was still a pretty bad localization. Though I guess I can't fault NIS for the voices, I should've researched it more instead of buying it, man was I dumb in my teenage years.
Last edited by artemusclyde on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 am

Regarding Disgaea 4, I will just say one thing that is on all titles with network access:

Online interactions not rated by the ESRB.

That little ditty is enough to cover any company's ass when it comes to penis shaped maps in a user-manipulated map editor.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 am

St0ck wrote:Man, people get pissed when you remove moans and add in some steam to cover underage girls.
To each there own I guess.

So I presume you not got Mon-mon or heard of it another echhi vile disgusting by PEGI okay it the same gimmick touching the gals they've moan & groan. See the picture.

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zantagor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 am

Aushria wrote:Regarding Disgaea 4, I will just say one thing that is on all titles with network access:

That little ditty is enough to cover any company's ass when it comes to penis shaped maps in a user-manipulated map editor.

Actually, it's not.
It is still needed to have some kind of moderating system in place for user generated content. And at this, Sony will be the ones coming with the hammer on any publishers who do not conform to this.

the "Online Interactions" part is usually meant for in play communications, such as players cussing, saying harmful things, etc.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:49 am

artemusclyde wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:Cause in the censorship arguments NIS mods always bring up the whole, are company has been profitable for years so your opinion doesn't matter argument. So people see that as supporting any game from NIS as supporting censorship, the mods really need to drop that stance, it rubs people the wrong way and turns them off from the company. It also gives the company a negative image to customers by doing stuff like that. Once again bad customer service.

You guys are misunderstanding what the mods were saying and making a huge leap if you think that "NISA will act in the way that has been profitable for them for years" means "buying anything from NISA means they will censor all their games".

Especially since only three games have been censored by them! Though I guess four because of Rhapsody DS, which I've never played, I'm only going by what I heard. Four games, three of which aren't even NIS in-house games.

So yeah, looking at that at how low their censorship rate actually is, I honestly do think you guys misinterpreted what Houk was saying. And on the subject of Houk, even though he seems dismissive, he's actually a really good mod. The only company rep I've seen that communicates with the consumers and let's them know what's going on as much as he does was one of the Atlus admins, before the forums closed.

It is a leap, but you got to remember that the mods are representing the company. So when people see stuff like that, they view it as company words. I personally won't be canceling all my orders, besides of course refusing to buy Criminal Girls and Mugen Souls, but it does make me wary of the company when they say stuff that basically amounts to, we don't care about your opinion. Brings up bad memories of ar tonelico 2 when I found out halfway through the game that the Japanese voices were removed. Basically it results in me not trusting NIS very much. Also, they have really bad customer service, some of the arguments they make is just ludicrous, like that one mod who said that their customers buy games because of how they translate. That comment made me rage so hard especially when they do stuff like the dumb std joke.

Honestly AT 2 was a lost cause as way too many things went wrong with it,and they would have probably needed to start all over in order to fix most of the problems... On the bright side a fan group is redoing it for them.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 am

Zantagor wrote:
Aushria wrote:Regarding Disgaea 4, I will just say one thing that is on all titles with network access:

Actually, it's not.
It is still needed to have some kind of moderating system in place for user generated content. And at this, Sony will be the ones coming with the hammer on any publishers who do not conform to this.

the "Online Interactions" part is usually meant for in play communications, such as players cussing, saying harmful things, etc.

Well that is odd because PEGI does rate a game if it contains online parts like its part of the biggest picture, PEGI likes to show off a chain of icons on our EU boxes

We get 1 box icon for sex, another box for swearing, & another one for online & so on. lol :lol:

What it does not say on the box is what level is the sex or what level is the violence is the violence mild or strong or bloody strong. We have to go elsewhere to search what level it has.

Retahasin
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Retahasin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 am

artemusclyde wrote:Thankfully idea factory is now localizing their own games.

I'm pretty sure Idea Factory International’s CEO is Mr. Harusato Akenaga, who was the former head of NIS America if that means anything to you.
Nothing here...

Totori
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Totori » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:54 am

Retahasin wrote:
artemusclyde wrote:Thankfully idea factory is now localizing their own games.

I'm pretty sure Idea Factory International’s CEO is Mr. Harusato Akenaga, who was the former head of NIS America if that means anything to you.

Monster Monpiece already got the stupid censor provocative card CG's. Which was just a major blow in Idea Factory's newly aquired International branch.
"It will all be over soon...I promise" /[email protected]/

Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Esper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:59 am

When IFI was founded, we were just coming off of the Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z debacles. People were originally hopeful that this new company would go in a different direction of NISA with the censorship of games and extremely liberal translations. And then they chose Monster Monpiece as their first game and censored it to hell. Immediately all faith was lost in IFI and we were back to square one.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:04 am

Esper wrote:When IFI was founded, we were just coming off of the Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z debacles. People were originally hopeful that this new company would go in a different direction of NISA with the censorship of games and extremely liberal translations. And then they chose Monster Monpiece as their first game and censored it to hell. Immediately all faith was lost in IFI and we were back to square one.

Monster Monpiece was an awful first localization choice, despite that it was requested. Just too much that could go wrong with it as opposed to bringing over a visual novel or something.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:04 am

Esper wrote:When IFI was founded, we were just coming off of the Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z debacles. People were originally hopeful that this new company would go in a different direction of NISA with the censorship of games and extremely liberal translations. And then they chose Monster Monpiece as their first game and censored it to hell. Immediately all faith was lost in IFI and we were back to square one.

I just have to crown both IFI & NISA as censor-kings then. :lol:

I think it would be a good idea if compile heart local they own stuff if IF let them, it could be done, square enix does local they games themselves so I do not see why CP won't do it. Unless mr ex-NISA stops them.

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 am

For everybody talking about D4's map editor, the Japanese version also had it removed. But the other cases do technically apply.

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zantagor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:07 am

alistair wrote:

I think it would be a good idea if compile heart local they own stuff if IF let them, it could be done, square enix does local they games themselves so I do not see why CP won't do it. Unless mr ex-NISA stops them.

Square Enix censors their own games too, it's just much less mediatized because people realize it much later after the facts.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:14 am

Zantagor wrote:
alistair wrote:

Square Enix censors their own games too, it's just much less mediatized because people realize it much later after the facts.

Well that is true but I know that not every game had been censored by SE but SE are not in echhi style games they would do censored of them too, so they don't bother with them.

CP on the other hand are echhi makers they got the power to local they stuff let PEGI decide its fate.

If CP does the same pics with mon-mon & send it yo PEGI they okay it & the same pics in a different game setting will PEGI okay that too.

TaranTatsuuchi
Majin
Majin

Postby TaranTatsuuchi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:19 am

ZekeFreek wrote:...
Funny how everyone against the changes are newbs who registered accounts just to whine about it and everyone defending NISA has been here forever.

I'm against the 'censorship' and have stated as much, and I'm in no way a new account.

I'm not going on a huge vehement spiel about it though...

Return to “Criminal Girls”