*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

Postby Mirai » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:41 am

I wasn't expecting this but someone from Kotaku decided to do a review on DR0.

http://kotaku.com/danganronpa-zero-is-the-ultimate-danganronpa-novel-1633849483

If you have enjoyed either Danganronpa or Danganronpa 2, Danganronpa Zero is a must read. It is a great mystery with an excellently realized protagonist. Moreover, it fleshes out the world before the events of Danganronpa and shows a bit more about how one school and one girl could throw the entire planet into despair-induced chaos. Really, if you are a fan of the Danganronpa series, drop everything and read this duology. And if you're not a fan yet—well, grab the first game on your Vita and get to playing.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby GoldStarz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I've actually been wondering the best order for reading DR0 for a while now, should I read all of DR0 before SDR2 or only some of it (and if only some of it to what point do I stop and restart)?

Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kuzuryuu » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:24 am

Read it all because it was meant to be read after playing DR1 but before playing DR2 considering it came out before DR2 did

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:55 pm

I seen that the list of presents in second game, the present number 90 it's the Ryoko Otonashi's Memory Notebook. But sadly NISA translated as "Kyoko" what became a little confused but I'm pretty sure it is the same. The notebook is quite old and worn and it's hard to read. But if we consider the reality of that world this it's very intriguing... I wonder if Danganronpa Zero will have some important role in the future of franchise.

Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kuzuryuu » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 am

Ryuuki wrote:I seen that the list of presents in second game, the present number 90 it's the Ryoko Otonashi's Memory Notebook. But sadly NISA translated as "Kyoko" what became a little confused but I'm pretty sure it is the same. The notebook is quite old and worn and it's hard to read. But if we consider the reality of that world this it's very intriguing... I wonder if Danganronpa Zero will have some important role in the future of franchise.

Probably not because Danganronpa Zero has already served its purpose in the story. To give background to some of the terms used in DR2 and also to explain how some things in the first game happened.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:05 am

Just finished DR:Zero today. Man, what a turn of events...

Spoiler:
Junko's surely a hell of a complex character. I mean, what she managed to accomplish in order to taste and spread despair, even by killing poor Matsuda, the one that she loved the most...

The thing that "worries" me is:

Spoiler:
What will unfold for her in the 3d game? I mean, is there gonna be an explanation of why she did all of this (like a huge flashbak on her past and the events that led her become what she is), or everything will stay in the symbolic state of the franchise, AKA Hope vs Despair? I'm really curious.
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby GoldStarz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:09 pm

G3n3raL86 wrote:Just finished DR:Zero today. Man, what a turn of events...

Spoiler:
Junko's surely a hell of a complex character. I mean, what she managed to accomplish in order to taste and spread despair, even by killing poor Matsuda, the one that she loved the most...

Spoiler:
What will unfold for her in the 3d game? I mean, is there gonna be an explanation of why she did all of this (like a huge flashbak on her past and the events that led her become what she is), or everything will stay in the symbolic state of the franchise, AKA Hope vs Despair? I'm really curious.

Spoilers for IF
Spoiler:
The closest thing we get to a logical reasoning for why Junko is the way she is from here, Mukuro basically explains everything from Junko's Free Time is 100% true and that before Junko was adopted and Mukuro joined Fenrir, they lived on the streets where they were constantly harassed by random strangers who wanted to harm the twins just because they were there, Mukuro even compares them to animals. Given that and the fact that Junko had to have been separated from Mukuro at a decently young age, she went through a lot of trauma in her her early childhood that's it's somewhat understandable why she's like she is. Of course, Junko also thinks she is the actual living embodiment of despair, so that's also a thing, too.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:36 pm

GoldStarz wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoilers for IF
Spoiler:
The closest thing we get to a logical reasoning for why Junko is the way she is from here, Mukuro basically explains everything from Junko's Free Time is 100% true and that before Junko was adopted and Mukuro joined Fenrir, they lived on the streets where they were constantly harassed by random strangers who wanted to harm the twins just because they were there, Mukuro even compares them to animals. Given that and the fact that Junko had to have been separated from Mukuro at a decently young age, she went through a lot of trauma in her her early childhood that's it's somewhat understandable why she's like she is. Of course, Junko also thinks she is the actual living embodiment of despair, so that's also a thing, too.

DR1 Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Yeah, Junko's really the Despair in human form. When i've finished the first game, i thought that she was inhuman, some kind of experiment (you know, something like Izuru's brain tampering in order to create the Ultimate Hope) and staff as such. Togami also said at Chapter 6: "I knew that you are not human but some kind of anomaly" and i took it for granted, but it's not; she IS Despair due to her difficult past and she wants to spread it and she feeds by it. It took me a while to capture the big picture, but i like the symbolic way of the series; it wouldn't be as much as fun if she was a creation just like i had imagined in the first place:)

But i don't recall her being adopted... Have i missed it? I've spoken to Junko-Mukuro at DR1 all the way and already finished IF and i don't remeber that part...
Last edited by G3n3raL86 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby GoldStarz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 pm

G3n3raL86 wrote:
GoldStarz wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoilers for IF
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, Junko's really the Despair in human form. When i've finished the first game, i thought that she was inhuman, some kind of experiment (you know, something like Izuru's brain tampering in order to create the Ultimate Hope) and staff as such. Togami also said at Chapter 6: "I knew that you are not human but some kind of anomaly" and i took it for granted, but it's not; she IS Despair due to her difficult past and she wants to spread it and she feeds by it. It took me a while to capture the big picture, but i like the symbolic way of the series; it wouldn't be as much as fun if she was a creation just like i had imagined in the first place:)

But i don't recall her being adopted... Have i missed it? I've spoken to Junko-Mukuro at DR1 all the way and already finished IF and i don't remeber that part...

I figure DR1 spoilers are okay here so... It was said Mukuro joined Fenrir while vacationing in Europe with her family (obviously that'd have to be her adoptive family)
Spoiler:
I also felt it was implied that she must have lived nearby to Matsuda for them to have such a close friendship and since he has to have someone looking after him, I figured Junko must live within some proximity to him. Also for Junko to even have tried to build her sandcastle, she must have had some sort of formal education by that point.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:50 am

Well, since i'm finished with AE, i'm making a DR recap on everything.

Can someone refresh my memory and tell me:

Spoiler:
in which part of the Academy the original Mutual Killing Game took place?

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:09 pm

G3n3raL86 wrote:Well, since i'm finished with AE, i'm making a DR recap on everything.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If you're talking about the one with the student council, it was in a class room on the same floor as the bio lab in the old academy building. If you're wondering where DR1 took place, it doesn't specifically say but it can be inferred that it happened in the old building and Izuru was hidden where the class trials happened.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:09 am

burai97 wrote:
G3n3raL86 wrote:Well, since i'm finished with AE, i'm making a DR recap on everything.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
If you're talking about the one with the student council, it was in a class room on the same floor as the bio lab in the old academy building. If you're wondering where DR1 took place, it doesn't specifically say but it can be inferred that it happened in the old building and Izuru was hidden where the class trials happened.

Spoiler:
Wiki says: Danganronpa/Zero revealed the Incident happened in another building filled with weapons and other means of murder. So, that room at the 5th floor in DR1 wasn't the one in which the Incident in DR/0 took place, right?

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”