Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Keep at it and you're get it finished eventually.

Man, I'm just glad to have finished that myself some time back. It's easy, but so boring. Watched so many youtube videos in the meanwhile.

maykite88
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Location: With Altis plotting to conquer the universe together

Postby maykite88 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:47 pm

I wonder if there will be a Fairy Fencer F theme on the PSN? Is there even one in the Japanese PSN?

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:11 am

AFAIK, there isn't.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 pm

I don't know how many people care at this point but Siliconera wrote a review for the game.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:21 pm

100 million gold achieved. 1100 monsters to kill and then I'm finally done!

Edit: Platinum achieved. That was one monotonous grind I never want to have to again.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Is there a way to skip animations automatically that I'm missing or is holding L2 the only way?

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:26 pm

XCronoX wrote:Is there a way to skip animations automatically that I'm missing or is holding L2 the only way?

I'm not sure if there's an option for turning off battle animations in the settings menu, but I know just holding down L2 the whole battle will work too.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Well I finally caved in and bought the game last week when I got Atelier Shallie.

Right now I'm on my first playthrough around level 50. My favorite party is Tiara, Ethel (she can one-shot the enemies in Shukesoo Tower), and Harley/Lola. Since I loathe Fang, I basically only use him when the story forces me to... otherwise he's a permanent bench warmer.

Unlike in Mugen Souls, the steal skills in this game are useless since they have such a low success rate. :x
PSN: YuriFan9999

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:54 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:Well I finally caved in and bought the game last week when I got Atelier Shallie.

Right now I'm on my first playthrough around level 50. My favorite party is Tiara, Ethel (she can one-shot the enemies in Shukesoo Tower), and Harley/Lola. Since I loathe Fang, I basically only use him when the story forces me to... otherwise he's a permanent bench warmer.

Unlike in Mugen Souls, the steal skills in this game are useless since they have such a low success rate. :x

hmm, I found Fang to be interesting.
Him and Tiara are both great characters to me, everyone else fits an old cliché or trope.
Fang was like a lite version of Zelos (even wore the same colors) from Blazing Souls.

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:15 am

Well as a yuri fan it should be obvious why I don't like Fang (although for some reason I do like Galdo; maybe it's the yaoi subtext...). That said, he (Fang) seems to me to be more like a male version of Neptune (personality-wise) to me.

Also Karin x Ethel is super cute. :D
PSN: YuriFan9999

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue May 05, 2015 1:18 am

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:Well I finally caved in and bought the game last week when I got Atelier Shallie.

To loathe a character like Fang for what I'm assuming is his gender is pretty shallow even by Yuri atandards. Perhaps u have a collection of most hated male Charcaters and EVERY male is on there. So long as he's the main.

The male protagonist is strong in this one. :lol:

This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue May 05, 2015 1:45 am

DragonKingKaiser wrote:To loathe a character like Fang for what I'm assuming is his gender is pretty shallow even by Yuri atandards. Perhaps u have a collection of most hated male Charcaters and EVERY male is on there. So long as he's the main.

Well, to be fair, Fang isn't exactly the best of characters personality-wise either. So even if you didn't have yuri-goggles glued on...there's not much there to like to begin with.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:To loathe a character like Fang for what I'm assuming is his gender is pretty shallow even by Yuri atandards. Perhaps u have a collection of most hated male Charcaters and EVERY male is on there. So long as he's the main.

Well, to be fair, Fang isn't exactly the best of characters personality-wise either. So even if you didn't have yuri-goggles glued on...there's not much there to like to begin with.

Hate is such a strong word.

Besides. I prefer hearing about a man taking a spirited dump over a little girl whining about work all the time and never really growing out of it.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue May 05, 2015 2:13 am

Fang's personality isn't something I expect everyone to like, but to say you loathe him...I do wonder what fuels such hatred of him. Character development happens, and by the end, Fang gets better...while still keeping parts of his personality from the beginning.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue May 05, 2015 2:19 am

Darcnova wrote:Fang's personality isn't something I expect everyone to like, but to say you loathe him...I do wonder what fuels such hatred of him. Character development happens, and by the end, Fang gets better...while still remaining snarky. :lol:

Yea. He's not so much an ass anymore and just an ass with a working beating heart.

If you take a realistic, as in forgot any bias, a lot of Nep girls are asses overall. And they don't really stop.

What's wrong with being an ass if one side can be an ass and still be liked, and like FOR being an ass?

Doth thou growth thine brain in a vat of nuclear matter?

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”