Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
NakoruruFan90
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: My Opinion on the Censorship Debate over Criminal Girls

Postby NakoruruFan90 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:36 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:I apologize, but I really don't see what the point of the this thread was besides needless flame baiting.

You create a thread, with the title in all capitalized, and address anyone who has any issues regarding "Criminal Girls" to only talk down to them by saying what they believe is trivial.

If you have an opinion, fine. Post it in the general thread that we already have. Don't create an entire thread just for it and then request for it to be locked.

Seriously, why? Why create a thread for this then? All you've done is flame bait. You say you respect others opinions but everything you've done indicate the exact opposite.

And now, unless this thread is deleted in its entirety, it will always remain right up front (in capital letters) of the "Criminal Girls" subforum archive. Forever to continue baiting in more people to your non-discussion.

Look, I understand what you guys are saying. I did not even mean to cause any kind of flame baiting, let alone talk down to anyone that thinks otherwise. Truth is, I've seen this debate all over the internet, and I just wanted to simply give my two cents about it. If you don't agree with me, that's perfectly fine. I honestly just wanted the thread locked so that it didn't cause any drama, but if the mods or Houk want to delete this, then that's fine with me. No harm, no foul. Either way, I apologize to anyone and everyone that stumbles upon this thread. I mean well, I honestly do. I just didn't expect something like this to happen... :|
PSN: NakoruruFan90 / Twitter: @NakoruruFan90 / YouTube: NakoruruFan90 / Skype: nakorurufan90
Your friendly neighborhood otaku since 1991, zam!

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: FOR ANYONE THAT'S GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT CRIMINAL GIRLS

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to express your opinion. You have your right to do so just as much as the next person. It's just on how you went about with getting your opinion out there that I was taking issue with.

Like I said, if you posted it at either of the two general threads we already have, all would have been fine. Well, as fine as a debate such as this can get I guess. Either that, or you could just let a discussion of your videos occur here without requesting that the thread be locked. That way, people could actually reply to what you're saying and not feel like they are just being silenced from the get go.

Anyway, just to clarify, I actually agree with you more-or-less on the reception of this whole situation. Though I really would need to watch your videos to see what's actually said before making any final calls of the matter.

NakoruruFan90
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NakoruruFan90 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:57 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Like I said, if you posted it at either of the two general threads we already have, all would have been fine. Well, as fine as a debate such as this can get I guess. Either that, or you could just let a discussion of your videos occur here without requesting that the thread be locked. That way, people could actually reply to what you're saying and not feel like they are just being silenced from the get go.

Now that you mentioned it, that's a great idea! Never mind locking nor deleting the thread. If anyone wants to express their own two cents or have a discussion on my videos, then by all means feel free to do so! Thanks! :)
PSN: NakoruruFan90 / Twitter: @NakoruruFan90 / YouTube: NakoruruFan90 / Skype: nakorurufan90
Your friendly neighborhood otaku since 1991, zam!

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:27 am

Not to get too offtopic, but thanks for the shoutout. I generally try to answer questions whenever I can to help people out. As for the sig, I'm actually having a new one created with the picture of IF and Compa in a bed together with IF just waking up (it's an official art by Tsunako) by an alternate sig designer (my usual one is on break until the end of August), so hopefully that one turns out just as good.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Mr.Mister
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Mr.Mister » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:50 am

Okay here is my opinion.
But first, a preface

I hate censorship like the plague. And even though I hate them, I can accept it yet.

But what I hate more than censorship is self-censorship. And self-censorship can not and I will not accept.

And that was done with CG. Another game which victims of self-censorship.

NISA has set neither the developers nor the rating agencies apart.
And now, please do not say that there has been a discussion with the ESRB.
The conversation took place unofficially. And that is an absolute no-go in my eyes.

And that's why I come to this assumption.

We were lied to Snotty.

In my eyes, this company is dead to me.
So much disability is simply not acceptable.

But ...
*sigh*

I want to see this company grow and prosper. But not in such conditions.

Give me some time I'd love to write more. but at the moment that was all :!:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 am

You know, I think this is the big sticking point - how "official" the preliminary ratings process is. I reaaaaaaally hope I can get that interview back from the ESRB soon, since I'd like to see their commentary on these preliminary reviews.

Edit: If anyone cares, it seems like most of the ESRB is on vacation right now, but they think they'll have the answers for me by the end of next week.
Last edited by Rednal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: FOR ANYONE THAT'S GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT CRIMINAL GIRLS

Postby Seventh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:27 am

neonie wrote:
NakoruruFan90 wrote:For anyone that's going to complain about something so stupid and trivial as minor edits to Criminal Girls

I don't really think you get to objectively decide what is "stupid and trivial". Everyone has their own values, and what it is "stupid and trivial" to you might not be for others.

NakoruruFan90 wrote: stupid debate

Your entire post kind of comes off as "I am obviously right so you guys should stop having any form of free thought beyond what I think it right."

NakoruruFan90 wrote:Also, can I request that one of the mods could please lock this thread, I would sincerely appreciate it, as I do not want to start any more arguments nor drama on the forums.

Oh no sir, you don't get to come in here, start a thread, and then go "by the way make it so no one can make any sort of rebuttal", you can ignore the rebuttal, you can not read the rebuttal, you can leave the forums and never come back to see it, but you don't get to stop it from happening.

What will likely (hopefully) happen, is this thread being merged with the official info thread, where the rest of this debate is happening.

Agreed on all of these points, though the last one appears to have been edited out.

This thread (if such blatant bait can be called such) needs to be deleted or merged with the thread specifically made for this topic, made specifically so that we don't have a bunch of threads about it.

NakoruruFan90 wrote:To neonie,

I am in no way saying that I am in the right over anything. It's just an opinion. A rant, let alone this whole thread, is nothing more than just a synopsis of one's own opinion. I am in no way saying that I am right, but at the same time, I am not saying that anyone else is right. I may agree or disagree with someone, they may agree or disagree with me. Either way, it doesn't matter. It's just an opinion. This thread and the vids I have posted are just my opinions and one can choose to agree or disagree with my take on this whole issue. :|

I'm not trying to come across as some douchebag who wants to shove my opinion down everyone's throats. I respect everyone's opinions 100 percent. I'm just asking kindly that the mods lock this so that there's no more drama started. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides, I left the comments section open on the YouTube videos if anyone wanted to comment. :)

If you want to talk about this more, just send me a PM. Until then, there's nothing else for me to say, so I hope you have a nice day. ;)

Adding "it's just my opinion" doesn't change the fact that the opinion you hold is a kind of a, well, shitty one, and you can't turn around and use that like it's some magical flame shield. If you call something that people are invested in "stupid and trivial," the whole debate over it "stupid," and so on, you're going to get called on it, even if you're not saying it's objectively so. I do understand where you're coming from, at least in the respect of "well it's just my opinion" (not so much the belittling everyone who disagrees with you part), but you do have to at least acknowledge the opinions of others if you want to get anywhere with the point you're trying to make. Though if the point is simply that the other side is stupid, well, you probably aren't going to get very far at all.

And this is coming from someone who is actually impressed the edits are as minimal as they are and that we're even getting the game at all, mind you.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:22 am

We already have a thread for discussing these issues right here, and regardless of your position I don't think we need a separate thread specifically to link people to your personal youtube channel. Feel free to continue your discussion in the other thread.

rikulf
New Vassal
New Vassal

The censorship

Postby rikulf » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:42 am

I've been playing this for a few hours now, and honestly, I see no reason for this to have been censored. The content in this game is sooooooo tame, compared to something like Senran Kagura. Might as well release a patch to uncensor it.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: The censorship

Postby neonie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:50 am

Oh ok then. They'll get right on that.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

dark-kyon
Vassal
Vassal

Postby dark-kyon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:27 am

Not friend,the game isn't tame,but senran kagura is really worse what this game,the problem is context,in senran kagura the worse lewd part are optionals in criminal girls are part of the gameplay.i want believe what nisa isn't selfcensoring his games because is his philosophy,but if they do edit at oedo blacksmith then everyone need to stop blocking the sun with his fingers.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:49 am

We have a censorship thread over here, lets not flood the board with redundant threads - viewtopic.php?f=103&t=15014

And to play devil's advocate, I find the mini game in this far more sexually oriented than Senran Kagura. Especially considering a third of your party members are flat as a board and look like children.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:51 am

That last part is basically the reason in short.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 pm

This thread doesn't need to exist, sorry.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Return to “Criminal Girls”