Criminal Girls General Chat

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Criminal Girls General Chat - Feb 2nd - Limited Edition

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:31 am

It actually is if you set it up so you only need to do the 4th level 1 time. At least according to gamefaqs.

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Platinum get! Surprisingly fun and good game. The story was unexpectedly nice and better than what I was expecting going in. Gameplay was also pretty fun. All the skills and battle mechanics were fun and a cool spin on what you usually get with rpgs. It's a shame, because I don't think this game will get the credit it deserves (for multiple obvious reasons). Honestly though, I think the biggest negative point for me was the minigame. :lol: Sorry, but I just didn't find it entertaining.

I will say that secret boss was a pain. Everything else in the game was fairly easy or at least doable, that gave me a bit of trouble.

neonie wrote:Late game spoilers:
Spoiler:
Himekami is awesome now that I have her. She's another AOE character, so in conjunction with Tomoe, she is now a permanent part of my party and errrybody gettin' wrecked.

Spoiler:
I loved Himekami and Miu. Seriously great allies. Wish we got them earlier, although I obviously understand why we didn't.

Also, Alice is a beast. Loved using her and Ran, they could shave off huge chunks of health from enemies. But Tomoe and the aforementioned are great too.

Seventh wrote:Oh, good. Ran(?) threw a sword away before I got her to the point where it would have shown up and I started doing electricity before finishing the other so I was wondering. :lol:

You're good. You'll get several more scenes like that, but I don't think there's anything big you can miss in this game.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Welp I fucked up my single playthrough platinum. Made my 2nd save file, it went into save slot 2. Kept trying to beat the final boss when I was level 36 and already committed to a knight, after wiping a few times I decided to go back to save game slot 2 to grind and mass CM for my rinse and repeat cycles. Got to level 41 on all characters, decided to give it another go, I overwrite save slot 2 AFTER knighting Shin. GG now I need to do a second playthrough to get that easy platinum.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:59 pm

razisgosu wrote:Welp I fucked up my single playthrough platinum. Made my 2nd save file, it went into save slot 2. Kept trying to beat the final boss when I was level 36 and already committed to a knight, after wiping a few times I decided to go back to save game slot 2 to grind and mass CM for my rinse and repeat cycles. Got to level 41 on all characters, decided to give it another go, I overwrite save slot 2 AFTER knighting Shin. GG now I need to do a second playthrough to get that easy platinum.

I don't know how you got to the final boss that underleveled unless you were way over using Ran's field skill :P
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:25 pm

razisgosu wrote: GG now I need to do a second playthrough to get that easy platinum.

Aaah, sorry to hear that. If the final boss is giving you troubles, I recommend knighting Ran. Her ability gives you invincibility for a short while.

Also, a good place to grind is anywhere in the ice block. If you get Ran and Tomoe's co-op skill, you can one shot an entire group of enemies. Good way to pick up extra CM too.

neonie wrote:I don't know how you got to the final boss that underleveled unless you were way over using Ran's field skill :P

Now I'm trying to remember where I was at that point... I think it was high 30s to mid-forties? Did the final boss in one go though so maybe I'm misremembering... 100%ed the game at lvl 69 for the record, and had no issues with any enemies other than the secret boss being a bit trickier.

eta; it was level 39.

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:06 pm

LE is officially sold out.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:10 pm

neonie wrote:
razisgosu wrote:Welp I fucked up my single playthrough platinum. Made my 2nd save file, it went into save slot 2. Kept trying to beat the final boss when I was level 36 and already committed to a knight, after wiping a few times I decided to go back to save game slot 2 to grind and mass CM for my rinse and repeat cycles. Got to level 41 on all characters, decided to give it another go, I overwrite save slot 2 AFTER knighting Shin. GG now I need to do a second playthrough to get that easy platinum.

I don't know how you got to the final boss that underleveled unless you were way over using Ran's field skill :P

I actually thought I was over leveled to be honest until I got utterly wooped on. I wasn't having trouble with anything up to that point.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:16 pm

lazyfan wrote:
razisgosu wrote: GG now I need to do a second playthrough to get that easy platinum.

Aaah, sorry to hear that. If the final boss is giving you troubles, I recommend knighting Ran. Her ability gives you invincibility for a short while.

Also, a good place to grind is anywhere in the ice block. If you get Ran and Tomoe's co-op skill, you can one shot an entire group of enemies. Good way to pick up extra CM too.

neonie wrote:I don't know how you got to the final boss that underleveled unless you were way over using Ran's field skill :P

Now I'm trying to remember where I was at that point... I think it was high 30s to mid-forties? Did the final boss in one go though so maybe I'm misremembering... 100%ed the game at lvl 69 for the record, and had no issues with any enemies other than the secret boss being a bit trickier.

eta; it was level 39.

Nah I got the normal playthrough boss down. It was getting hectic once she got lower since I was getting horrible rolls on skills near the last 10% health. I can't decide if I should post game now or just replay through the game as quickly as possible to do the rinse and repeat trophies then and then do post game.

I don't think it should matter overall right? I'll still need to get all the girls endings and do post game. If I do post game in this playthrough I can just ignore it in the next one.

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 pm

razisgosu wrote:Nah I got the normal playthrough boss down. It was getting hectic once she got lower since I was getting horrible rolls on skills near the last 10% health. I can't decide if I should post game now or just replay through the game as quickly as possible to do the rinse and repeat trophies then and then do post game.

I don't think it should matter overall right? I'll still need to get all the girls endings and do post game. If I do post game in this playthrough I can just ignore it in the next one.

I'll say this, the difficulty spike between everything and the final boss (and two of the secret bosses) is pretty surprising. Everything else in the game is easy, but those 3 bosses pack more of a punch. With them strategic use of items, abilities, switching and a bit of luck is much more important.

I'd just proceed with the post game personally. It'll be more fun that way, and you'll knight every girl regardless. The replay should be much quicker and mindless.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:54 pm

Game gets annoying when you lose to an easy boss because your character never let you use the right move...

FiveOVER
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby FiveOVER » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:09 am

I've just beaten the final boss and its time for me to tackle the post game stuff. I've got to say, I'm enjoying this game way more than I'm expecting to. It sure as hell isn't for everyone but I think this is one of my favorites on vita. Once I'm passed the two third point the story really starts to pick up. It isn't groundbreaking or anything, but its at least decent and I got quite emotionally invested.

The gameplay also started to grow me. While the minigame still remains dull, the battle combat actually gets really fun as you unlock more skills. The system works in such a way that really encourages the player to switch between the characters often to fully make use of each of their strengths and their chain attacks.

Either way, its a surprisingly decent game (imo) and I got more than what I bargained for. Some negatives is that you have to grind a lot and there's no equipment or weapon management. However, I stress again that this game is not for everyone.
PSN: FIVE_Overs

Chizuru
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Chizuru » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:22 am

My shipment arrived today! I'm so happy =) Thank you NISA! I will be playing within the hour.

Today was a good day.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:03 am

FiveOVER
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby FiveOVER » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 am

Shizuka wrote:If anyone is interest, I wrote a review of the game for The Vita Lounge.

Nice review, but I can't see any of the images >_<
PSN: FIVE_Overs

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Beat the "Final" boss (Before the extra dungeon).

If anyone is looking for some good boss fight advice:

Shin is apparently a beast when it comes to boss fights. Invaluable. (Operation Assist and Endgame, plus "Prepare your MP" which activates everyone Knight Super.)
Yuko is fantastic for healing.
Ran is great if most of your party gets whipped out, swap her in and recover everyone. On the other hand, if you ever see a boss is "Storing energy" immediately swap Ran in and use her Invulnerable shield if you have her knighted.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Return to “Criminal Girls”