Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:56 am

Aikia wrote:So your telling me mugen souls, monster monpiece and criminal girls haven't hurt your sales or fanbase ?
Please, you may be a moderator, but no one with half a brain is gonna buy that.
They didn't even localize Monster Monpiece, and considering IFI is doing great with Neptunia releases, I'd say it didn't hurt them much in the long run at all.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:05 am

razisgosu wrote:Although I did swear I saw added pink fog to one of Shin's mini games. I do have to question that given she confirmed she is 20 in game. She should have been completely clear of any needed pink fog. I'm a bit biased though since she was my favorite character.

Given age is irrelevant, it's whatever they appear to be.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:07 am

Aikia? NISA didn't release Monster Monpiece. That was all Idea Factory International. I realize you're upset about the changes to the game, but if you're going to object to a company's actions, may I suggest limiting your objections to things the company was actually involved with?

Also, to reiterate, this is what Criminal Girls looks like in-game:

Spoiler:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:26 am

Ringwraith wrote:
razisgosu wrote:Although I did swear I saw added pink fog to one of Shin's mini games. I do have to question that given she confirmed she is 20 in game. She should have been completely clear of any needed pink fog. I'm a bit biased though since she was my favorite character.

Given age is irrelevant, it's whatever they appear to be.

Yeah, in many cases, if there is a clear disparity between the given age and physical age, the physical age tends to hold more precedence. Especially if the characters acts the age of how they look.

And honestly, upon closer inspection, it seems like age actually had little to do with what was getting censored. I think I noticed a trend on what was getting covered and what was not. Basically, with the exception of Tomoe's bare butt-crack, I think all of what was censored were borderline cameltoe. As in you get a clear bulge of sorts that signify the outer edges of the Labia Majora but none of the actual detailing. I hope that made sense.

That could be why when you look at Shin, she comes out just fine despite showing off around the same amount of skin/panties as the others. At most, her Mon Pubis is shown but not much else. Not to mention some of the more explicit CGs involving the animal tails that also came out just fine.

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:51 am

Well I just trolled myself didn't I. But who cares, the point is they don't seem to learn from there mistakes or the mistakes of others. If I'm wrong, good, I want to be wrong, because I want improvement. But if they die out over time, I'll know the reason which everyone seemed to deny, if no one complains, you keep recieving shit. Look at CoD and destiny, best examples.

Anyway im done I never ever complain about anything, this game just got me furious.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:00 pm

*Glances at the clear trend of less editing over time that we've seen in their games* Uh... huh. Okay, then.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Aikia wrote:Well I just trolled myself didn't I. But who cares, the point is they don't seem to learn from there mistakes or the mistakes of others.
Well, they actually do seem to have. Mugen Souls have the minigame removed completely, Criminal Girls just has splotches over a couple of offending things. Monpiece also only had a couple of images removed instead of IFI taking out the minigame completely like with MS, and they're "improved" in that they've shown no plans to even bother with Moero yet.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Yeah, I just like iterating things aren't all okay because of a given number.
Personally, I think it comes off as petty and actually causing more harm than good in some cases, but my opinion's not the one that matters, that's the rating boards' jobs.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:34 am

The fastest way (in theory) is to not buy their games (or buy it used as an alternative), if you want rid of censorship.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:42 am

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:The fastest way (in theory) is to not buy their games (or buy it used as an alternative), if you want rid of censorship.

Yup that will rid it real fast. When the games stop coming all completely due to lack of support.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Rednal wrote:*Glances at the clear trend of less editing over time that we've seen in their games* Uh... huh. Okay, then.

Yup, NISA is getting a whole lot better over time. There's less content and less content getting removed with each localization of unknown Japanese games with questionable content.

The Mugen Souls series for example, they still allow you to see the bath CGs during Mugen Souls Z's post game while the original Mugen Souls didn't. You get bath CGs for defeating the post game bosses in Z, while you get nothing for beating them in the original MS. That's actually a drastic improvement over the original Mugen Souls where they took it out.

The hot spring assist (content removed) is not really important since it literally had no purpose in the game, it was boring, and it had no affect on the game in any way. Mugen Souls Z allows us to see the CGs during the post game story which (my opinion under spoiler)
Spoiler:
matters to me a gazillion time more than the hot spring assistance.

What happens when you beat a post game boss in Mugen Souls 1 (CG removed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8q04QHa1E0&feature=youtu.be&t=20m8s

What happens when you beat a post game boss in Mugen Souls Z (CG intact, NSFW)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06bbBF5d9O8&feature=youtu.be&t=36m4s

Off topic
Spoiler:
Since I saw someone mentioned Moero Chronicles a while ago...
They use a lot of the moe and fetishes and elements like in the Mugen Souls series such as Sadist, Masochist, Ditz, Ego etc in Moero Chronicles lol. Some of them can be weak vs butts, boobs etc like when Syrma uses a Fetish Pose to captivate them :lol: .
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:55 am

razisgosu wrote:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:The fastest way (in theory) is to not buy their games (or buy it used as an alternative), if you want rid of censorship.

Yup that will rid it real fast. When the games stop coming all completely due to lack of support.

The general theory, though it isn't exact, is that someone more "ballsy" may have released it without censorship in response to consumer demand.

It's not an exact science, especially considering the dwindling number of quality translators, but some people hold this theory dear.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 am

That would totally explain why someone more ballsy already did the PSP game we missed out on! Of course!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:41 pm

You can't literally end censorship by refusing to buy a censored product. The only way anything meaningful will happen is if enough like-minded people get together and protest as a large group, and it would have to be a multi-pronged approach. They'd need to lobby lawmakers, boycott all censored products, rally more followers, get numerous media coverage on the issue and more before anything meaningful would happen.

There really is no quick way to end censorship. Western culture itself would have to be shaken down to its roots before enough people come together in support.

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:05 pm

lopez wrote:You can't literally end censorship by refusing to buy a censored product. The only way anything meaningful will happen is if enough like-minded people get together and protest as a large group, and it would have to be a multi-pronged approach. They'd need to lobby lawmakers, boycott all censored products, rally more followers, get numerous media coverage on the issue and more before anything meaningful would happen.

There really is no quick way to end censorship. Western culture itself would have to be shaken down to its roots before enough people come together in support.

I mean internet petitions have some effect these days.
Like the one for Tales of Hearts R for example, eventually we got through to Hideo Baba and he responded, even though it took almost 2 years.
It just takes time and patience, and we seem to live in the era of wanting it here and now, not there and later.

Return to “Criminal Girls”