*SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 2 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on Chapter 2

5/5 Excellent
31%
4/5 Good
46%
3/5 Okay
15%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
8%

Total votes: 13

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: *SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I cried so hard when Hiyoko was dealing with the fact that she'd no longer have Mahiru there :cry:
Then I cried again, but tears of happiness during the scene with the memorial :cry:
I will miss Mahiru... :(
Hiyoko is just <3

The whole scene with Kuzuryu and Peko just felt like a distraction from the much more sad events that took place, but ah well, at least we got the memorial scene~

It's just so so so adorable how Hiyoko worked so hard on that. Tears come to my eyes even as I type this. I'm not sure how Hiyoko will make it through, but I really hope she makes it to the end! If she can live on for Mahiru, then I'm sure that would be what Mahiru would have wanted.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:10 pm

The Fuyuhiko and Peko thing was sadder :?
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Zetsubear wrote:The Fuyuhiko and Peko thing was sadder :?

I didn't have much of a connection really. Sorry. Peko wasn't that interesting, and Kuzuryu sealed his own fate by being all tsun.

Plus, Hiyoko's someone who acted like a total condescending jerk to hide behind any manner of insecurities (and to hide from very real threats she had to deal with). Which ended up getting her little to none friends (probably none). But, she finally found someone who looked past the walls she put up, and then that someone gets killed for the stupidest reason, and the killer is killed sure, but before she's killed, she's made out to be some sort of savant. meanwhile the person who actually understood Hiyoko, is just pretty much forgotten about and completely overshadowed by something you'd see in some rom com (minus the death and stuff).

But, even after all that, Hiyoko worked her hardest to make a way for Mahiru to always be remembered, and then everyone mocked her creation that she worked so very hard to bring to fruition. That she had put her heart and soul into, even though she was just a useless little girl outside of dancing.

There's a lot more, but if you want the TLDR version: Hiyoko's pretty much my favorite character right now. Neck to neck with Chiaki.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Everyone deserves some sympathy.

The thing most of the murders end up stressing is that it really isn't anyone's fault exactly. Just a bunch of bad things happening to kids who under normal circumstances are essentially good people.

To be fair though, and this is a fascinating topic, I think the reason people tend to have a more positive reaction to Fuyuhiko over Hiyoko is that Fuyuhiko commits himself FULLY to atonement and becomes nothing but a helpful ally.

Hiyoko tries and she has her reasons, but her attempts seem half-hearted by comparison. Her attempts to improve are directed inward instead of outward, which makes them easy to overlook. But it does create an striking contrast...
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:57 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:Everyone deserves some sympathy.

The thing most of the murders end up stressing is that it really isn't anyone's fault exactly. Just a bunch of bad things happening to kids who under normal circumstances are essentially good people.

To be fair though, and this is a fascinating topic, I think the reason people tend to have a more positive reaction to Fuyuhiko over Hiyoko is that Fuyuhiko commits himself FULLY to atonement and becomes nothing but a helpful ally.

Hiyoko tries and she has her reasons, but her attempts seem half-hearted by comparison. Her attempts to improve are directed inward instead of outward, which makes them easy to overlook. But it does create an striking contrast...

I agree with this completely

@vamp: >Implying Hiyoko isn't a tsundere
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:23 pm

I don't think Hiyoko is a tsundere really.

Aside from her Dangan Island ending, obviously.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

theanimalmaniaa
Peon
Peon

Postby theanimalmaniaa » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:52 pm

huythekirby wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:
TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:That out of the way, and I'm generally against the use of such language, but seriously, fuck that gravel. And the swimsuit. Stupidest answer I've ever seen. The only thing there that seems like a logically illogical weapon is a fish tank. Oh well, loli-chan is still alive, so I've got my hope.

This. Only point in the trial where I had to go at it systematically testing each response with each point because nothing made any fucking sense. The rest of the trial wasn't that bad at all, even on Double Mean.

Anyway, seeing the name of the trophy before I got to this point made me think that the culprit was Chiaki. Imagine my surprise when it was Peko instead. :P

Also, Teruteru is the only character I don't like. Everyone else is good. :D

You have a same opnion with me :D , when i saw video games in chapter 2, i through that Chiaki Nanami will be the killer :D, but i was wrong. Only Teruteru is the only character i don't like in DR2, i love other students, their character's development are very good :D (Except Saionji :( , she died in the middle of her character's development)

Did you really just spoil that...I came here to read everyone's thoughts on the chapter and got spoiled. So not cool, wtf man

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:30 pm

theanimalmaniaa wrote:Did you really just spoil that...I came here to read everyone's thoughts on the chapter and got spoiled. So not cool, wtf man

Assuming this isn't a bot or something...Uh, you do realize how old this thread is, right?

This whole thread has been inactive for roughly 1 1/2 years, that comment in particular was posted over 2 years ago.

Also, that user isn't even around anymore going by their profile info, last activity was stated to be only a few days after that comment, so complaining to them now is kind of a waste of time. They've been long gone.

theanimalmaniaa
Peon
Peon

Postby theanimalmaniaa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
theanimalmaniaa wrote:Did you really just spoil that...I came here to read everyone's thoughts on the chapter and got spoiled. So not cool, wtf man

Assuming this isn't a bot or something...Uh, you do realize how old this thread is, right?

This whole thread has been inactive for roughly 1 1/2 years, that comment in particular was posted over 2 years ago.

Also, that user isn't even around anymore going by their profile info, last activity was stated to be only a few days after that comment, so complaining to them now is kind of a waste of time. They've been long gone.

Yeah, I realize how old it is but why does that matter? The comments are still here, so I'm bound to read them. I just happened to play the game now.

And yeah, didn't really bother to view their profile because I was pretty agitated. Well, if anyone like me happens to wander onto this thread and read my comment, at least they'll know not to read the one I decided to reply to.

Seriously don't know why there are spoilers past chapter 2 in this discussion anyways, as there is clearly a warning before reading the thread. Not cool to newcomers, just saying.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”