Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby My1xT » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 pm

the video that was quoted the post above mine.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:14 pm

ANN had an interview with Kodaka.

Not really concerning only DR2, but I wasn't really sure where else to put it so here it is! Thought it was pretty interesting. Oh and spoilers for the whole series (not really for AE though unless you don't want to see annnnnything on that game).

In terms of the story, is there a particular event or plot point that sticks out to you as really special?

Danganronpa 2, chapter 5…I really like the verdict, and all of the events that come to surround it.

yes that is best chapter

Kodaka wrote:By the way, I wondered why NIS didn't change Monokuma's name–though I think it sounds cute in any language, don't you? And they told me they had considered it but were flatly told “no” by others at the company. Monokuma is Monokuma everywhere!

Huh. :geek:

And finally, to wrap this up, the question we are all wondering about: what is your ultimate skill?

[laughs] Hmmm… I'm not sure if I have one… well, when I was young, I went to an all-boys school for part of junior high and high school. In a way, I feel like some elements of youth were robbed from me, since there were no girls around. But one thing about being in that sort of environment is that you don't have to worry about girls judging you. I developed an ability to come up with dirty jokes and base humor on the spot. Perhaps that's my ultimate skill. [laughs]

lol

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Without a doubt, I was most interested in this part:
DR1 END GAME SPOILERS BELOW
Spoiler:
Moving into the particulars of developing the game and its story… where did you find the idea of having a teen fashion model be the source of unending despair that consumes the world?

The main concept behind that would be the gap between the outward appearance of the character and what they actually do. I was fascinated by that idea–on the one hand, you have someone really cool and pretty, representing bright pop culture, and on the other there's something cruel, horrific, and terrible. The reason I like that gap is that it allows me, as a writer, to play with the emotions of the player a lot more – you can move them from one extreme to the other.

So this is the reason when Kodaka was developing DR1 he decided to pick Junko as the main antagonist. 8-)
Last edited by Mirai on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Japanese ideals of youth continue to baffle and amuse me.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:36 am

Mirai wrote:Without a doubt, I was most interested in this part:
Spoiler:
Moving into the particulars of developing the game and its story… where did you find the idea of having a teen fashion model be the source of unending despair that consumes the world?

The main concept behind that would be the gap between the outward appearance of the character and what they actually do. I was fascinated by that idea–on the one hand, you have someone really cool and pretty, representing bright pop culture, and on the other there's something cruel, horrific, and terrible. The reason I like that gap is that it allows me, as a writer, to play with the emotions of the player a lot more – you can move them from one extreme to the other.

So this is the reason when Kodaka was developing DR1 he decided to pick Junko as the main antagonist. 8-)

if there are spoilers in there THEN MARK THEM!
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:21 am

My1xT wrote:
Spoiler:

For argument's sake I'll place DR1 spoilers in spoiler tags in the SDR2 thread.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:38 am

Here's another interview on Kodaka done by GameInformer:

Danganronpa’s Mastermind Discusses Killing Off Characters And The Next Entry

"I'm also not really interested in growing the fanbase or making it more broadly appeal to people. I just want to make a cool game that I'm really proud of."

And this is why I have so much respect for you Kodaka, you're not the type of person to cater into fan's demands. 8-) Unlike a lot of other authors.

Also there's a spoiler section of the interview, in the spoiler below: Don't read unless you've beaten both games.

Spoiler:
Danganronpa Spoiler Talk: Creator Sheds Light On Bringing Back Characters And How Monokuma Works

Its mostly a talk about why Kodaka decided to use Junko again in SDR2.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:35 am

Kodaka is love. Kodaka is life:)
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:57 pm

He's been on one massive interview spree lately.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:56 pm

My1xT wrote:
Spoiler:

Their loss if they're coming into a Dangan Ronpa 2 thread without playing the first.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”