Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Postby Seventh » Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 am

Darcnova wrote:That's almost as vague as my reasoning :lol:
Liking something because you like it is perfectly normal! :P

metlspaz wrote:I like him, since he feels like a throwback to Zelos from Blazing Souls, or like a light version of him. Even wears the same color clothes. He is different form the "norm" of anime trope/cliché heroes, while still being a type of personality that actually exists. Also the fact that it actually shows his growth in his morals and reasoning, however minimal, through the game.
In all seriousness, based on my minimal experience with him, I do think he has some similarities to some kinds of protagonists today. Additionally, he did feel a little similar to one of the Inoue's Kamen Rider protagonists in particular to me, dashed with a certain amount of CH charm on top. But that might change by the time I finish. :lol:

Still, I think he looked fine from what I saw. Hardly "offensive." :shock: Though I wouldn't call any CH character that anyway - most of the time, you're taking a joke too seriously if you think that. :P

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Thu May 07, 2015 10:02 am

Seventh wrote:
Darcnova wrote:That's almost as vague as my reasoning :lol:
Liking something because you like it is perfectly normal! :P

metlspaz wrote:I like him, since he feels like a throwback to Zelos from Blazing Souls, or like a light version of him. Even wears the same color clothes. He is different form the "norm" of anime trope/cliché heroes, while still being a type of personality that actually exists. Also the fact that it actually shows his growth in his morals and reasoning, however minimal, through the game.
In all seriousness, based on my minimal experience with him, I do think he has some similarities to some kinds of protagonists today. Additionally, he did feel a little similar to one of the Inoue's Kamen Rider protagonists in particular to me, dashed with a certain amount of CH charm on top. But that might change by the time I finish. :lol:

Still, I think he looked fine from what I saw. Hardly "offensive." :shock: Though I wouldn't call any CH character that anyway - most of the time, you're taking a joke too seriously if you think that. :P

Are you talking about design or personality? Some things that he says and has no trouble saying might be looked at as offensive.

Like nonchalantly talking about taking morning excretions.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

Vert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Vert » Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

DragonKingKaiser wrote:
Vert wrote:Yeah I didn't like Fang either, he's terribly anodyne in both design and characteristics.
Don't understand why people like him.

How is his design offensive? And I've seen a lot of characters you like and I'd wonder how they aren't offensive. Although he does have offensive things to say. But CH games are full of belligerently offensive and not so belligerently offensive characters.

The only character of a CH game I would say that I've never seen be offending or that I can remember are Compa and IF.

PS: anodyne means not likely to provoke dissent or offense; inoffensive, often deliberately so.

Or a pain killer.

I didn't say he was offensive T___T get it right.
'I've seen a lot of character's you like'
What in God's name are you blathering about mate? You mean the one character in my avatar which I have never even mentioned in this thread. You're an odd duck you know.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Thu May 07, 2015 11:07 am

Vert wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:
Vert wrote:Yeah I didn't like Fang either, he's terribly anodyne in both design and characteristics.
Don't understand why people like him.

How is his design offensive? And I've seen a lot of characters you like and I'd wonder how they aren't offensive. Although he does have offensive things to say. But CH games are full of belligerently offensive and not so belligerently offensive characters.

The only character of a CH game I would say that I've never seen be offending or that I can remember are Compa and IF.

What other thing could you hate besides an offensive character?
PS: anodyne means not likely to provoke dissent or offense; inoffensive, often deliberately so.

Or a pain killer.

I didn't say he was offensive T___T get it right.
'I've seen a lot of character's you like'
What in God's name are you blathering about mate? You mean the one character in my avatar which I have never even mentioned in this thread. You're an odd duck you know.

Aren't you a Neptunia fan? Did you just pull the word anodyne out of nowhere?

What can someone hate about him unless he's offensive? Or do you like offensive characters? Cause he seems pretty offensive at least in what he chooses to say.

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Thu May 07, 2015 11:57 am

wasn't it Anonydeath?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Game is awesome, cast is awesome, Fang is awesome, everything is awesome, I am blown away more and more by how good this game considering its predecessor is Nep V the more I play it.

Anyway, that aside, question for those who have beaten it:

To get a certain character, you have to be level 40 at a certain point in the game (according to this guide I'm looking at and early conversations had here). I am there now at just before the last step, but I'm also 31 and already feeling pretty overleveled.

My question is this:

If I grind it out to 40, without spoiling anything, will I break the difficulty? Yes/No?

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:06 pm

It's been a while since I last played the game but I'm going to have to say yes.

But that's simply because of how easy it is to break the game even if you're underleveled through certain combinations of effects with the World Shaping mechanic. I wouldn't know how bad it would be in a plain playthrough but if you're saying you feel too strong at a good 9 levels under the requirement (though I don't know how far you are from that point), I'd say to just grind it out since it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. Levels are a bit more arbitrary if you've been upgrading your Furies and equipping appropriate Fairies.

I don't recall any drastic difficulty spikes around that time either, but again, the whole game I found to be too easy anyway so I probably just didn't notice if there was one.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:30 am

Even without world shaping, the game isn't that hard. You'd probably break it. But eh.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:19 am

Seventh wrote:Game is awesome, cast is awesome, Fang is awesome, everything is awesome, I am blown away more and more by how good this game considering its predecessor is Nep V the more I play it.

To get a certain character, you have to be level 40 at a certain point in the game (according to this guide I'm looking at and early conversations had here). I am there now at just before the last step, but I'm also 31 and already feeling pretty overleveled.

My question is this:

If I grind it out to 40, without spoiling anything, will I break the difficulty? Yes/No?

It's skills, fairy bonuses, and the growth system in this game that really break the game. The levels just saturate the issue further. Once you get the ability to spam AOE skills/spells and restore most of your SP/TP immediately afterwards that the game becomes a trivial exercise in combat encounters.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 pm

Seventh wrote:Game is awesome, cast is awesome, Fang is awesome, everything is awesome, I am blown away more and more by how good this game considering its predecessor is Nep V the more I play it.

My question is this:

There's only been the occasional time where a boss managed to fuck my party to nothing. Only a few times I had to grind. I don't know if 40 was the level I was at though to where I was primed for everything. I think the main challenge is getting ready to fight the boss you fight when you unseal the Vile God. He's one tough son of a bitch. Level 40 is necessary though to get that specific character. Otherwise I think you can't get the true end.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Preeeeeeeetty sure you didn't have to throw in a completely unrelated spoiler to answer what is essentially a yes or no question.

Anyway, I guess I could always just not use the party members I have now (that would get overleveled) for a while until the rest catch up or something. Game's certainly not hard, no, but I at least have to use items and junk or heal when I get ganged up on me still. I guess to say another way, there's still more of a challenge here than when I was at the max level of RB1 before I beat the game. :lol:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:Once you get the ability to spam AOE skills/spells and restore most of your SP/TP immediately afterwards that the game becomes a trivial exercise in combat encounters.

People actually used skills? I just chained regular attacks with avalanches and everything got obliterated anyway.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Daverost wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:Once you get the ability to spam AOE skills/spells and restore most of your SP/TP immediately afterwards that the game becomes a trivial exercise in combat encounters.
People actually used skills? I just chained regular attacks with avalanches and everything got obliterated anyway.
I got to level 40 in about an hour just through taking Fang out of my party (just so I could skip having to go through his turn) and having Tiara with a nice set up and use one that had a range that basically hit all the enemies at once. They make things go a lot faster, if nothing else. :lol:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Daverost wrote:

That's what I did. Other than the very beginning of the game, I pretty much never used skills. Chaining up all those ATK boosts and DEF decreases, despite making all of my characters glass cannons and sealed off skills and item usage, made regular attacks become so powerful that you could clear out most battles, even bosses at times, without them ever even having enemies get to their first turn sometimes. Granted, I had to make sure to land Symbol Attacks (or whatever they were called in here) to make sure my characters acted first but even then, I ended up getting overpowered due to the EXP and WP boosts that it didn't even really matter since they could take those hits just fine regardless.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Daverost wrote:

Weird I just spammed AOE skills from Fang and Tiara and generally one-shot everything sans bosses.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”