Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Postby Seventh » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:18 pm

So I beat it the game. I want to round up the other two endings and anything else I missed before I post my final thoughts, but I just have to post how... disappointed I am.

You see, I was waiting for something. I was waiting a long, long time for it.

I waited the entire game. On the edge of my seat. And I waited. And I waited. Oh, how I was waiting.

I waited long and hard.

Oh looooordy have mercy, I waited for it.

I wanted it to happen just once. Just once was all I wanted so I could understand. If it happened just once, and that one time was such a grand, epic moment, then I was sure I would finally understand what all the fuss was about.

But alas.

From start to finish, Pippin never annoyed me once.

If anything, he did the opposite - multiple times too!

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Pippin never annoyed me either...sure, he wasn't my favorite character, but I do think some people's dislike of him is...overblown :lol:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 pm

At least for me, it was more a combination of him having a single trait, technically two, that I didn't really like and how it got constantly hammered in (to a point that even bothered the other characters in the game). Add in a couple other things and he becomes a little than favorable character in my eyes.

Heck, I thought I was mostly alone in not being a fan of him. It wasn't until the last week or so when I started seeing others bring up how they didn't like him all that much either. Some more than others of course.

Though, as much as I don't like him, which is a fair bit I admit, I wouldn't say I actually hate him. The only fictional character I can honestly say that to in any regard is Happosai from "Ranma 1/2". There's isn't really all that much wrong with him, just nothing really all that much right either to balance him out as a character.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Seventh wrote:So I beat it the game. I want to round up the other two endings and anything else I missed before I post my final thoughts, but I just have to post how... disappointed I am.

I'm pretty sure you should have noticed how much "Kamen Rider-ish" is the story.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:35 pm

xizro345 wrote:I'm pretty sure you should have noticed how much "Kamen Rider-ish" is the story.
Oh, I did! Mentioned it here and once here too.

Don't get me wrong, I was saying that to set up the joke about Pippin - I actually really liked the game. :lol: Though I wouldn't even say it was "-ish," personally. The only thing really stopping it from being one is that the transformations don't completely cover their bodies if you ask me. :shock:

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:32 pm

I have just ordered this game from Amazon. Should be seeing it in a week or two.

Anything I should beware of (technical, or emotional)?
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:I have just ordered this game from Amazon. Should be seeing it in a week or two.

A lot of people suggest grinding for certain elemental stones, but it's more efficient (and probably enjoyable) to just keep playing since the ones you need will be more common later on in the game. Given the game has multiple endings, you'll likely be doing a NG+, with items carrying over, so there's that.

Unless you're really big on trophies, or only intend to play through one time (though the subsequent times will go much faster), I'd suggest just enjoying your first play leisurely and scooping up whatever extra stuff you come across as it comes.

That said, there are side quests that present themselves early in - be sure to do all of those. They're not too hard, I think?

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Seventh wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:I have just ordered this game from Amazon. Should be seeing it in a week or two.

A lot of people suggest grinding for certain elemental stones, but it's more efficient (and probably enjoyable) to just keep playing since the ones you need will be more common later on in the game. Given the game has multiple endings, you'll likely be doing a NG+, with items carrying over, so there's that.

Unless you're really big on trophies, or only intend to play through one time (though the subsequent times will go much faster), I'd suggest just enjoying your first play leisurely and scooping up whatever extra stuff you come across as it comes.

That said, there are side quests that present themselves early in - be sure to do all of those. They're not too hard, I think?

Sounds like a classic RPG to me. I'm a tad compulsive about collecting stuff, and I like to overlevel, so at least I have the knowledge of a NG+ to keep things in order. How does the battle mechanic work? Turn-based? Or is there some gimmick? ...Yeah, I'm more more less going in to this blind.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Seventh wrote:

Sounds like a classic RPG to me. I'm a tad compulsive about collecting stuff, and I like to overlevel, so at least I have the knowledge of a NG+ to keep things in order. How does the battle mechanic work? Turn-based? Or is there some gimmick? ...Yeah, I'm more more less going in to this blind.
Have you played/seen Neptunia or Mugen Souls? It's similar to that, but with its own quirks here and there.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Neither... My first taste of NIS work was The Witch and the Hundred Knight. I am quite well versed in most game elements though, so I should handle it well.

What I was asking about is more if there are any technical aspects I should beware of, such as a game-breaking bug. Or an emotional issue, such as the death of something cute... I get the feeling Fairy Fencer F isn't very dark though.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:38 pm

NISA is only the publisher. You should be comparing to Compile Heart titles because you won't see many similarities to NIS games like the one you mentioned.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”