*SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Rating For Chapter 1.

5/5
2
100%
4/5
0
No votes
3/5
0
No votes
2/5
0
No votes
1/5
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 2

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

*SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:28 am

This is the place where you can discuss freely all the events that occur within the prologue and Chapter 1 of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode.

Just remember the following:

-Do not discuss story events that occur AFTER Chapter 1. Not even in Spoiler tags.

-This thread will contain SPOILERS. If you have yet to complete chapter 1 of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode, it is recommended that you STAY AWAY from this thread until you have completed this chapter.

And with that covered have fun discussing your adventure in Towa City!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Zetsubear » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Had a feeling you were going to make this xD
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Had a feeling you were going to make this xD


Its become a tradition now for me, whenever a new DR game comes over. ;) Honestly this isn't needed as much, as with the previous games, plus I doubt we'll be getting as many comments, as the DR hype has died down compared to last year.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby burai97 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 am

Just beat daimon. So far I'm loving the game. The frame rate seems more stable than I remember it being. There's also no quality issues with the cutscenes like there were in DR2. I also think they made a bit less localization changes in comparison. One odd thing I noticed is when you use the dub, during the intro scenes for the different monokumas, the monokumas switch to the Japanese voice track.
Image

User avatar
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:47 am

burai97 wrote:One odd thing I noticed is when you use the dub, during the intro scenes for the different monokumas, the monokumas switch to the Japanese voice track.


That's intentional. We ended up using audio from both the Japanese and English voices of Monokuma for all the Monokuma lines.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe
Image

User avatar
SilentlyVocal
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby SilentlyVocal » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:36 pm

The inconsistency in the Monokuma lines kinda bugs me a little bit with the voice track, but it's not a huge detriment either.
So far I'm really enjoying the game, though I feel as if it could drag out a bit if it's too too long.
Also, Junk Monokuma is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen. Kill it with fire.
Image

User avatar
KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:24 pm
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby KaminaGirl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:05 am

Oh dear gosh... I didn't expect that death coming. Like, I should know this would happen sooner or later in a Dangan Ronpa game but DANG, that was fast. I feel so bad for Aoi Asahina.

Yuta..... you will be remembered forever in our hearts. Keep catching up to your sister.

Image
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby burai97 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 pm

KaminaGirl wrote:Oh dear gosh... I didn't expect that death coming. Like, I should know this would happen sooner or later in a Dangan Ronpa game but DANG, that was fast. I feel so bad for Aoi Asahina.

Yuta..... you will be remembered forever in our hearts. Keep catching up to your sister.

Image

Yeah, i remember when the game first came out in japan and my friend imported it, we timed how long yuta was alive and it was right around 10:30.
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:32 am

Just finished the prologue so can't say much about the gameplay atm, but I will say with the Japanese audio on, the NISA localisation is fairly accurate from what was said in the original. There were obviously changes but a lot of them were minor and meant the same thing in context with the original anyway so it doesn't matter much. There were several however that did stand out for me and from what I remember.

1. Changing what Jataro originally said "Ah! I wonder if its true that bugs come from space?" to NISA's version "I wonder if aliens exist."
2. Changing what Kotaro originally said " Golden week is also too long." to NISA's version "Spring break is too long". (I find this one understandable enough as not a lot of people outside of Japan would know what Golden week is.)
3. Adding "Meow!" in Monaka's introduction line.... :shock: I don't remember Monoka ever saying "Nyaa" (Japanese equivalent to Meow) in the original.
4. Changing what Jataro originally said "Why do grown-ups die so quickly? to NISA's version " Why must fireflies die so young...?"

I'll leave it with just those 4 examples.

Finally I unfortunately found an error in NISA's version as well: "And hey did you know!? Kangaroos can jump backwards!" In the original Kotoko said "Speaking of surprising things, did you know!? Kangaroos CAN'T jump backwards." Let alone translation change this is an outright error. Followed by another line later... "And And! And believe it or not, snakes have ears! Ewww!" In original she said: "Also also! another surprising thing is that snakes don't have ears-". Not just one but two errors consecutively... I'm hoping these are the only ones I come across.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby burai97 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:15 am

Mirai wrote:Just finished the prologue so can't say much about the gameplay atm, but I will say with the Japanese audio on, the NISA localisation is fairly accurate from what was said in the original. There were obviously changes but a lot of them were minor and meant the same thing in context with the original anyway so it doesn't matter much. There were several however that did stand out for me and from what I remember.

1. Changing what Jataro originally said "Ah! I wonder if its true that bugs come from space?" to NISA's version "I wonder if aliens exist."
2. Changing what Kotaro originally said " Golden week is also too long." to NISA's version "Spring break is too long". (I find this one understandable enough as not a lot of people outside of Japan would know what Golden week is.)
3. Adding "Meow!" in Monaka's introduction line.... :shock: I don't remember Monoka ever saying "Nyaa" (Japanese equivalent to Meow) in the original.
4. Changing what Jataro originally said "Why do grown-ups die so quickly? to NISA's version " Why must fireflies die so young...?"

I'll leave it with just those 4 examples.

Finally I unfortunately found an error in NISA's version as well: "And hey did you know!? Kangaroos can jump backwards!" In the original Kotoko said "Speaking of surprising things, did you know!? Kangaroos CAN'T jump backwards." Let alone translation change this is an outright error. Followed by another line later... "And And! And believe it or not, snakes have ears! Ewww!" In original she said: "Also also! another surprising thing is that snakes don't have ears-". Not just one but two errors consecutively... I'm hoping these are the only ones I come across.

I did my first playthrough with the dub but I'm doing a second one subbed so I'm not certain but i think stuff like your last issue comes up a few more times later.
Image

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:42 pm

This game is so dark, and I even know what's coming lol.

Daimon harming himself made me ill to watch.

Also RIP Yuta :( 7
Image

User avatar
KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:24 pm
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby KaminaGirl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:53 am

Beedlebud wrote:This game is so dark, and I even know what's coming lol.

Daimon harming himself made me ill to watch.

Also RIP Yuta :( 7


Yeah, that scene left such an impact on me. Even though Komaru was yelling at him to stop, he just kept on going. It made me feel so bad for Daimon
Image
Last edited by KaminaGirl on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Zetsubear » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:30 am

KaminaGirl wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:This game is so dark, and I even know what's coming lol.

Daimon harming himself made me ill to watch.

Also RIP Yuta :( 7


Yeah, that scene left such an impact on me. Even though Komaru was yelling at him to stop, he just kept on going. It made me feel so bad for jatarou
Image

I think you mean Daimon xP
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:24 pm
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby KaminaGirl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 am

Zetsubear wrote:
KaminaGirl wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:This game is so dark, and I even know what's coming lol.

Daimon harming himself made me ill to watch.

Also RIP Yuta :( 7


Yeah, that scene left such an impact on me. Even though Komaru was yelling at him to stop, he just kept on going. It made me feel so bad for jatarou
Image

I think you mean Daimon xP

Didn't realize it, honest mistake, I'll change it
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

User avatar
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Mirai wrote:1. Changing what Jataro originally said "Ah! I wonder if its true that bugs come from space?" to NISA's version "I wonder if aliens exist."
2. Changing what Kotaro originally said " Golden week is also too long." to NISA's version "Spring break is too long". (I find this one understandable enough as not a lot of people outside of Japan would know what Golden week is.)
3. Adding "Meow!" in Monaka's introduction line.... :shock: I don't remember Monoka ever saying "Nyaa" (Japanese equivalent to Meow) in the original.
4. Changing what Jataro originally said "Why do grown-ups die so quickly? to NISA's version " Why must fireflies die so young...?"


As the editor, I can address some (some are translation questions) of these points!

1. Text limits. A lot of changes are the result of text boxes being way too small to fit a more literal Japanese translation in English.
2. Yeah, you got it. Very few people outside Japan know what Golden Week is, so it was changed to a week-long American "holiday" for context.
3. Monaca does say "nyaa" a few times in her dialogue.
4. The line in Japanese is a Grave of the Fireflies reference. The line was changed to a more iconic line from the English release of GotF so the reference would be more obvious.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe
Image


Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest