1/5
No votes

Total votes: 2

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

*SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:30 am

This is the place where you can discuss freely all the events that occur within Chapter 2 of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode.

Just remember the following:

-Do not discuss story events that occur AFTER Chapter 2. Not even in Spoiler tags.

-This thread will contain SPOILERS. If you have yet to complete chapter 2 of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode, it is recommended that you STAY AWAY from this thread until you have completed this chapter.

-Making comparisons with previous chapters is allowed, as long as you keep your main discussion on Chapter 2.

And with that covered have fun discussing your adventure in Towa City!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

burai97
Majin
Majin

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 2 Discussion

Postby burai97 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:01 am

And just finished fighting jataro. I am really starting to like Toko a lot more now than in DR1. One issue I do have with the story is that they keep introducing new characters and then kill them off after maybe 15 minutes.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:04 pm

burai97 wrote:And just finished fighting jataro. I am really starting to like Toko a lot more now than in DR1. One issue I do have with the story is that they keep introducing new characters and then kill them off after maybe 15 minutes.

Yeah I agree that Touko comes across as much more likeable in this game, well she did go through some development in DR1 so that helps too. Just would also like to know how well you're coping with the gameplay? Is it too easy? Do you feel the pacing is too slow? Does it get repetitive? etc.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Mirai wrote:
burai97 wrote:And just finished fighting jataro. I am really starting to like Toko a lot more now than in DR1. One issue I do have with the story is that they keep introducing new characters and then kill them off after maybe 15 minutes.

Yeah I agree that Touko comes across as much more likeable in this game, well she did go through some development in DR1 so that helps too. Just would also like to know how well you're coping with the gameplay? Is it too easy? Do you feel the pacing is too slow? Does it get repetitive? etc.

Well in my opinion, I really like the gameplay. It's a breath of fresh air from all the "shoot the bad guys with different types of guns". Well, there is one problem but it's simply the first skill autofocus (I think that's what it's called).
OH GOSH, WERE DO I BEGIN ON HOW MUCH THAT SKILL PISSED ME OFF!! :evil: :evil:
It never worked in my favor! When I wanted to get the monokuma closest to me, it didn't work and when I was trying to get a monokuma far away, it decided to work and point to the Monokuma nearby me.

Spoiler:
Also yes, Tachi Fujisaki's death was very quick. It made me laugh and cry at the same time
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:46 am

KaminaGirl wrote:
Mirai wrote:

Well in my opinion, I really like the gameplay. It's a breath of fresh air from all the "shoot the bad guys with different types of guns". Well, there is one problem but it's simply the first skill autofocus (I think that's what it's called).
OH GOSH, WERE DO I BEGIN ON HOW MUCH THAT SKILL PISSED ME OFF!! :evil: :evil:
It never worked in my favor! When I wanted to get the monokuma closest to me, it didn't work and when I was trying to get a monokuma far away, it decided to work and point to the Monokuma nearby me.

Spoiler:
Also yes, Tachi Fujisaki's death was very quick. It made me laugh and cry at the same time

I used that skill when I was playing my friend's jap copy and then promptly decided to never use it again.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 am

Autolock is the worst skill in the game and I unequipped it immediately.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Wow that autolock though. Fighting that was way harder than the actual boss fight lol

I feel like I'm gonna say this every chapter at this point but I felt so bad for Jataro even though his diorama thing severely creeped me out.

Gameplay overall is pretty meh, though it wouldn't be DR if the gameplay wasn't the least enjoyable part of the game for me.

Oh and RIP Papa Fujisaki. This one hurt me real bad because it gave me that same feeling of "gone too soon" that Chihiro's death did in DR1.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:07 am

Beedlebud wrote:Wow that autolock though. Fighting that was way harder than the actual boss fight lol

I feel like I'm gonna say this every chapter at this point but I felt so bad for Jataro even though his diorama thing severely creeped me out.

Gameplay overall is pretty meh, though it wouldn't be DR if the gameplay wasn't the least enjoyable part of the game for me.

Oh and RIP Papa Fujisaki. This one hurt me real bad because it gave me that same feeling of "gone too soon" that Chihiro's death did in DR1.

Though you do have to admit the fact that Fukawa hasn't told Komaru Fujisaki's secret is secretly hilarious. That fact is what kept me from crying
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:11 pm

I knew as soon as we got the elevator moving Fujisaki wouldn't be making it. Before the noise of the Monokuma's in the elevator could be heard I was thinking "there is definitely going to be something in the elevator that's going to jump him." After fighting Jataro I was a bit surprised by Komaru saying he deserved it. Seems she's giving into despair a bit.

I am quite enjoying the game so far and am part way through chapter 3 now. Komaru as a protagonist is definitely enjoyable for me.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:52 am

Even though this isn't my favorite chapter, I will admit that Jataro is my favorite among the Warriors of Hope. I seem to like pessimists a lot since Fukawa's my favorite from the first game, Komaeda is (not sure if he would be considered a pessimist) first and Mikan is fourth in DR2. Plus, he looks so funny and he has such an awesome English voice (Great job Michelle Ruff!). Either Jataro's or Togami's performace is my favorite overall the dub. They're both so great it's so hard to choose!!

This has to be my favorite expression of his
Spoiler:

Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”