1/5
No votes

Total votes: 4

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

*SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:31 am

This is the place where you can discuss freely all the events that occur within Chapter 3 of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode.

Just remember the following:

-Do not discuss story events that occur AFTER Chapter 3. Not even in Spoiler tags.

-This thread will contain SPOILERS. If you have yet to complete chapter 3 of Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode, it is recommended that you STAY AWAY from this thread until you have completed this chapter.

-Making comparisons with previous chapters is allowed, as long as you keep your main discussion on Chapter 3.

And with that covered have fun discussing your adventure in Towa City!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

burai97
Majin
Majin

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby burai97 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:20 pm

While I have yet to get that far into chapter 3, it is really interesting how Junko had unused motives like a 2nd killing game between the relatives of DR1.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:09 pm

burai97 wrote:While I have yet to get that far into chapter 3, it is really interesting how Junko had unused motives like a 2nd killing game between the relatives of DR1.

Yeah it shows that if no one committed murder with the first motive in DR1 (playing a video of family and friend and leaving their fate unknown), Junko would of likely taken it further and shown them as hostages or made them kill each other as well. In the end that wasn't necessary thanks to Maizono.

The other thing I liked in this scene is we're told Junko Intentionally lost to Naegi and executed herself, confirming one of my theories that I had.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Mirai wrote:
burai97 wrote:While I have yet to get that far into chapter 3, it is really interesting how Junko had unused motives like a 2nd killing game between the relatives of DR1.

Yeah it shows that if no one committed murder with the first motive in DR1 (playing a video of family and friend and leaving their fate unknown), Junko would of likely taken it further and shown them as hostages or made them kill each other as well. In the end that wasn't necessary thanks to Maizono.

The other thing I liked in this scene is we're told Junko Intentionally lost to Naegi and executed herself, confirming one of my theories that I had.

Just to save on space, I'll respond to your questions from the chapter 2 thread and your post here as well as give my general opinion on chapter 3. Personally, I never had much of an issue getting used to the controls here because my friend let me play his copy of the japanese version up to chapter 2 and I got used to the controls then. It was a bit hard at first but that's probably because I hardly play third person shooters at all. I find it to be just challenging enough but it may be too easy for someone who does play a lot of games from the genre. I also find the pacing to be fine. as for my opinions on this chapter alone, it seemed way too short. Although, i have heard that chapter 4 is absurdly long. Out of all the children, i think Kotoko is the best but I identify more with Masaru for personal reasons. I think Monaca is pure evil and Nagisa seems too much like a tool. Jataro's self hate was interesting at first but then it got annoying after a while. Lastly, when did the japanese version say that Junko intentionally lost? I don't think the english version ever says that. Also, God that pun after that minigame.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:50 pm

burai97 wrote: Also, God that pun after that minigame.

In Japanese, the pun translated to something like "Komaru Orgasmface"

That was a fun day at recording.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Yeah Cumaru sounds better than Orgasmface
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:02 am

burai97 wrote:Just to save on space, I'll respond to your questions from the chapter 2 thread and your post here as well as give my general opinion on chapter 3. Personally, I never had much of an issue getting used to the controls here because my friend let me play his copy of the japanese version up to chapter 2 and I got used to the controls then. It was a bit hard at first but that's probably because I hardly play third person shooters at all. I find it to be just challenging enough but it may be too easy for someone who does play a lot of games from the genre. I also find the pacing to be fine. as for my opinions on this chapter alone, it seemed way too short. Although, i have heard that chapter 4 is absurdly long. Out of all the children, i think Kotoko is the best but I identify more with Masaru for personal reasons. I think Monaca is pure evil and Nagisa seems too much like a tool. Jataro's self hate was interesting at first but then it got annoying after a while. Lastly, when did the japanese version say that Junko intentionally lost? I don't think the english version ever says that. Also, God that pun after that minigame.

Okay thanks for the input on the gameplay, I've played a fair amount of TPS so I will be fine then, its just I've read quite a few complaints on its gameplay from reviewers but that maybe because MGSV has just come out as well. Out of all the chapters, the fourth one is indeed the longest. I definitely felt the most sympathetic towards Kotoko as I felt what happened to her was the worst, I'm not surprised at all that she hates adults. Jataro I found interesting as well, Masaru wasn't around enough for me to care that much other than feel pity for him and the other two I won't talk about here since its the wrong thread.

Well it's never confirmed it was Junko's intention, however the conversation with Naegi strongly implies it:

Naegi: Enoshima Junko without a doubt died at Hope's Peak. However lately I've been wondering that she was expecting this situation to happen from the start.

I don't know how NISA translated this line, but this is what I got from it when I reached this part of the game.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:59 am

Out of the first 3 warriors of hope, Kotoko is the most justifiable for hating all adults because of how she was sexually abused by many people. Masaru, I can kind of understand why he hates his parents but not really all adults in general. Jataro I would be able to understand why he would hate people in general because of how severe his mental abuse was that it led to him desiring people other's hatred of him.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:36 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
burai97 wrote: Also, God that pun after that minigame.

In Japanese, the pun translated to something like "Komaru Orgasmface"

That was a fun day at recording.

Whoever made that pun

But seriously, they deserve at least a free dinner for that hilarious pun. I was about to boycott Dr:AE a day for deciding to go that far in fan service but that pun made me change my mind
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:24 am

Also, it seems that one of the cutscenes in Japanese wasn't subtitled. I don't remember exactly which scene it was or if it was a just a glitch/one time thingy on my system. I do remember it was when Fukawa and Komaru were in Towa Tower. thankfully I knew enough Japanese for me to understand what they were saying, so it didn't really bother me.
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 am

KaminaGirl wrote:Whoever made that pun

That was me :D

KaminaGirl wrote:Also, it seems that one of the cutscenes in Japanese wasn't subtitled. I don't remember exactly which scene it was or if it was a just a glitch/one time thingy on my system. I do remember it was when Fukawa and Komaru were in Towa Tower. thankfully I knew enough Japanese for me to understand what they were saying, so it didn't really bother me.

That's strange, all our subtitles were working fine. Sorry to hear that.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:53 pm

KaminaGirl wrote:Also, it seems that one of the cutscenes in Japanese wasn't subtitled. I don't remember exactly which scene it was or if it was a just a glitch/one time thingy on my system. I do remember it was when Fukawa and Komaru were in Towa Tower. thankfully I knew enough Japanese for me to understand what they were saying, so it didn't really bother me.

This also happened to me.

Also not sure if glitch, but it seemed like the sound effects of the monorail (?) continued even after it crashed, making the last scenes really annoying to sit through.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:34 am

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
KaminaGirl wrote:Whoever made that pun

That was me :D

That's strange, all our subtitles were working fine. Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, I checked in the galley and the cutscene isn't showing subtitles either. The cutscene is called "Monokuma Kids Challenge".
Spoiler:

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 am

KaminaGirl wrote:Yeah, I checked in the galley and the cutscene isn't showing subtitles either. The cutscene is called "Monokuma Kids Challenge".

That is really bizarre, the source file on our end definitely has subtitles. Could be a glitch that plays the wrong movie file or something. I'm really sorry to hear that :(
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:27 am

I really felt for Kotoko in this chapter. They did a good job of playing up why she hates adults.

When she was having the back and forth with Komaru in the arena and said "Then why didn't anyone save me?", man, the VA nailed that line. I really felt sorry for her.

Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”