Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: [PS4] Fairy Fencer F - Advent Dark Force -2015

Postby RED-chan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:29 am

Oh, God...

Spoiler:
I've seen Marianna as a final boss, she looks seriously creepy, multiple heads. It's Resident Evil material, lol.
Hear me out! This line will stay in my sig until Compile Heart adds Red Heart,
Blue Heart, Pink Heart and Green Sister to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:16 am

Okay I'm going to make this easier for everyone and post a brief summary for both Jashin route and Devil route. It contains major spoilers so read at your own discretion.

Jashin Route:

Spoiler:
In Jashin route, unlike Goddess route you start off playing as Sherman alongside Eryn, in this route, Sherman, Eryn and Ryuushin are the only ones who remember what happened in previous timeline.

Both Ethel and Apollo are playable in this route early on. (Apollo has no requirements to get).

Tiara is next but her personality has changed drastically!! Both Galdo and Harley are also working for Dorfa as well.

One of the most hilarious parts of this route is Fang being the CEO of Dorfa XD he has pretty funny conversations with Paiga, although truth is, Fang is just a figurehead and the real one in charge is Marianna.

As we progress through, Fang stops being the puppet CEO, Tiara gets captured by Harley, Pippin joins you, then you fight Harley and convince her to join your side, however Galdo and Zenke were ordered by Marianna to blow the place up, this series of events ends with GALDO GETTING KILLED BY BERNARD!!!

So Galdo is not playable in this route. Also Tiara isn't playable that much either, as most of the time she's stuck inside the Jashin!!

So the next series of events is finding a way to bring Tiara out of the Jashin without having to kill her. You eventually succeed after several dungeons and boss battles. Bernard reveals he was planning to betray Marianna, which she foresaw and by sacrificing Zagi, she has Bernard devoured by Jashin and then she fuses with the Jashin, so the final battle and main antagonist of Jashin route is Marianna.

Also in epilogue Fang goes on a journey with Harley to find Eryn so its a Harley ending.

Devil route:

Spoiler:
Now you might of wondered how they make Marianna playable, when she's been a major antagonist in the two previous routes. The answer is simple, bring in a new organisation in this route to fight against, instead of Dorfa.

In this route Dorfa has been decimated and a new organisation called Septentrion (I think that's its name) is in charge who are believers in the Goddess (in other words a religious cult) and the first thing they do is attempt to publically execute Galdo as a heretic!!

Just like in Goddess route Sherman is an antagonist again, then its revealed that the remnants of Dorfa are kept in prison for labour. So Fang goes and frees Paiga, Hanagata and Marianna (who joins your party). Hanagata is then swiftly killed off by Noe and Paiga is forced to work for Septentrion.

Note: All the new characters introduced Noe, Chiaki, Jeane and Peppin are exclusive to this route.

As the route progresses, Fang obtains a bounty, Lola gives him a place to stay, you recruit Pippin and Tiara again after fighting Peppin (Pippin's father), Apollo has became a drunkard 0_0, Ethel joins your party after saving your ass from being blown up.

Its then revealed that all the wine that Jeane is providing is the cause of the religious cult, as well as Sherman being a villain. You also find out that Lola was a spy for septentrion and after a few events, you convince her to tell you where all the wine is stored to destroy it all but Sherman awaits you along with Chiaki. After beating Sherman, both he and Chiaki are KILLED BY NOE!! Jeane then threatens to kill everyone is Fang doesn't drink her wine, so he does but he secretly takes the antidote from Harley to prevent going crazy. You then beat Noe and Chiaki up and they run.

After more series of events Noe JOINS YOUR PARTY?! for very weird reason. You then have to fight stubborn Apollo who sadly then DIES FROM THE WINES EFFECTS. Shortly afterwards you fight Peppin to the death who gives a fatherly speech to Pippin before dying. Then Galdo is revealed to have been tortured by Jeane to the point he's in a coma!!

In the final part you then fight against both Zagi and Zenke who have gone completely insane, so you put them both out of their misery, with a heart-warming moment between Marianna and Fang afterwards <3. Now final battle against, Jeane who reveals this is the place where the Majin sleeps which is a deity that has been around even longer than both Megami and Jashin. Initally you get curb-stomped but then you use Goddess's powers to bring forth the sprits of the deceased characters who then help you take out both Majin and Jeane. Before Jeane disappears she reveals that using the Majin was necessary to maintain peace and by destroying it, you will bring forth even worse deities from another dimension.

In the epilogue Fang ends up joining Marianna in Dorfa (Which she has rebuilt) so Marianna ending!!

Also HUGE SEQUEL HINT at the end with other members of septentrion discussing Jeane's failure and what they should do next.

These are just brief summaries so a lot of detail has been left out, this is just telling you the gist of what happens.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:50 am

Thanks a lot for that, Mirai. :)

I've a few questions, if you don't mind.

Spoiler:
- Do we actually fight against Jeane and Chiki (I meant in a proper combat with a 3D Model), or it's just via dialogues?

- I suppose Zagi's just fighting with his regular sword?

- What is exactly Chiaki's role?

- How can Noe fairize? He doesn't have a fairy, and he's not a fairy himself like Lola, so...

- So who's the final boss of the devil route exactly? Majin? What does it looks like?

All in all, these new routes are full of surprises, it's great! I'm actually glad the ending hints a sequel, this series has a lot of potential!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:13 am

RED-chan wrote:Thanks a lot for that, Mirai. :)

I've a few questions, if you don't mind.

Spoiler:
- Do we actually fight against Jeane and Chiki (I meant in a proper combat with a 3D Model), or it's just via dialogues?

- I suppose Zagi's just fighting with his regular sword?

- What is exactly Chiaki's role?

- How can Noe fairize? He doesn't have a fairy, and he's not a fairy himself like Lola, so...

- So who's the final boss of the devil route exactly? Majin? What does it looks like?

All in all, these new routes are full of surprises, it's great! I'm actually glad the ending hints a sequel, this series has a lot of potential!

No problem, I'm happy to see this has helped make things clearer about the story 8-)

Spoiler:
1. Yes you do fight against Jeane and she has a 3D model, but only once and she's together with Noe. Chiaki however you don't fight, she just stands at the side whist you're fighting Sherman.

2. Yep Zagi is the same as before, he just performs regular slash attacks, so he's pretty easy to beat.

3. Chiaki's role- she initially introduces Fang and Eryn to the new world they've come to and how much its changed as she's excited to witness Galdo's execution. After that for the rest of the route she remains as Sherman's assistant and support.

4. Noe is a weird one, because he's considered a fencer, but you never see his fairy and from what I saw he can't fairize. Truth be told I don't really see the point of making him playable because he has so few skills and his magic is mostly de-buffing.

5. The final boss of Devil route is Majin that is being controlled by Jeane. As for what it looks like check the illustration in the link below:

Here
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:17 am

Thank you for the answers! :D

Spoiler:
That new Organisation seems pretty interesting, I'm really hoping they'll do a sequel now.

All in all, lots of new content for this game, it's great.

By the way, I've found this video with Noe, and yup, he can fairize. Weird though, he's a Fencer like you said, but where's his fairy then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyDX257amUw

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:18 am

RED-chan wrote:Thank you for the answers! :D

Spoiler:
That new Organisation seems pretty interesting, I'm really hoping they'll do a sequel now.

All in all, lots of new content for this game, it's great.

By the way, I've found this video with Noe, and yup, he can fairize. Weird though, he's a Fencer like you said, but where's his fairy then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyDX257amUw

No problem, if you have any more questions, I shall do my best to answer them.

Spoiler:
Thanks for posting that video as this confirms he does have a fairize but for some reason his fairy is never shown...

The streamer of the LP I watched said Jashin route was the most enjoyable but Goddess route is the most ideal. Devil route they were disappointed in as they found it too weird and messed up.

In terms of the characters if you liked Ethel, Sherman or Marianna then you will enjoy this game alot as their characters are vastly expanded on. On the other hand Galdo gets poor treatment in the new routes as he's either backstabbed and killed in one route or tortured to the point he's in a coma in the other. Also Zenke and Hanagata get almost nothing in the new routes either, heck Hanagata doesn't even appear in Jashin route!!

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:09 am

Mirai wrote:Okay I'm going to make this easier for everyone and post a brief summary for both Jashin route and Devil route. It contains major spoilers so read at your own discretion.

Jashin Route:

Spoiler:
In Jashin route, unlike Goddess route you start off playing as Sherman alongside Eryn, in this route, Sherman, Eryn and Ryuushin are the only ones who remember what happened in previous timeline.

Both Ethel and Apollo are playable in this route early on. (Apollo has no requirements to get).

Tiara is next but her personality has changed drastically!! Both Galdo and Harley are also working for Dorfa as well.

One of the most hilarious parts of this route is Fang being the CEO of Dorfa XD he has pretty funny conversations with Paiga, although truth is, Fang is just a figurehead and the real one in charge is Marianna.

As we progress through, Fang stops being the puppet CEO, Tiara gets captured by Harley, Pippin joins you, then you fight Harley and convince her to join your side, however Galdo and Zenke were ordered by Marianna to blow the place up, this series of events ends with GALDO GETTING KILLED BY BERNARD!!!

So Galdo is not playable in this route. Also Tiara isn't playable that much either, as most of the time she's stuck inside the Jashin!!

So the next series of events is finding a way to bring Tiara out of the Jashin without having to kill her. You eventually succeed after several dungeons and boss battles. Bernard reveals he was planning to betray Marianna, which she foresaw and by sacrificing Zagi, she has Bernard devoured by Jashin and then she fuses with the Jashin, so the final battle and main antagonist of Jashin route is Marianna.

Also in epilogue Fang goes on a journey with Harley to find Eryn so its a Harley ending.

Devil route:

Spoiler:
Now you might of wondered how they make Marianna playable, when she's been a major antagonist in the two previous routes. The answer is simple, bring in a new organisation in this route to fight against, instead of Dorfa.

In this route Dorfa has been decimated and a new organisation called Septentrion (I think that's its name) is in charge who are believers in the Goddess (in other words a religious cult) and the first thing they do is attempt to publically execute Galdo as a heretic!!

Just like in Goddess route Sherman is an antagonist again, then its revealed that the remnants of Dorfa are kept in prison for labour. So Fang goes and frees Paiga, Hanagata and Marianna (who joins your party). Hanagata is then swiftly killed off by Noe and Paiga is forced to work for Septentrion.

Note: All the new characters introduced Noe, Chiaki, Jeane and Peppin are exclusive to this route.

As the route progresses, Fang obtains a bounty, Lola gives him a place to stay, you recruit Pippin and Tiara again after fighting Peppin (Pippin's father), Apollo has became a drunkard 0_0, Ethel joins your party after saving your ass from being blown up.

Its then revealed that all the wine that Jeane is providing is the cause of the religious cult, as well as Sherman being a villain. You also find out that Lola was a spy for septentrion and after a few events, you convince her to tell you where all the wine is stored to destroy it all but Sherman awaits you along with Chiaki. After beating Sherman, both he and Chiaki are KILLED BY NOE!! Jeane then threatens to kill everyone is Fang doesn't drink her wine, so he does but he secretly takes the antidote from Harley to prevent going crazy. You then beat Noe and Chiaki up and they run.

After more series of events Noe JOINS YOUR PARTY?! for very weird reason. You then have to fight stubborn Apollo who sadly then DIES FROM THE WINES EFFECTS. Shortly afterwards you fight Peppin to the death who gives a fatherly speech to Pippin before dying. Then Galdo is revealed to have been tortured by Jeane to the point he's in a coma!!

In the final part you then fight against both Zagi and Zenke who have gone completely insane, so you put them both out of their misery, with a heart-warming moment between Marianna and Fang afterwards <3. Now final battle against, Jeane who reveals this is the place where the Majin sleeps which is a deity that has been around even longer than both Megami and Jashin. Initally you get curb-stomped but then you use Goddess's powers to bring forth the sprits of the deceased characters who then help you take out both Majin and Jeane. Before Jeane disappears she reveals that using the Majin was necessary to maintain peace and by destroying it, you will bring forth even worse deities from another dimension.

In the epilogue Fang ends up joining Marianna in Dorfa (Which she has rebuilt) so Marianna ending!!

Also HUGE SEQUEL HINT at the end with other members of septentrion discussing Jeane's failure and what they should do next.

These are just brief summaries so a lot of detail has been left out, this is just telling you the gist of what happens.

Gotta be honest, after playing the original, I didn't have much interest in this so I was on the edge on whether or not I'd get it. The original content, while I did find enjoyable, wasn't something I was all that ecstatic over...had a couple problems with it in fact. After this summary, I think I'm convinced that I'm just going to pass on the game. The new content looks to be more of the same for me, if not kind of worse in my eyes so far.

Regardless, thanks for sharing the details of the new routes.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:36 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Gotta be honest, after playing the original, I didn't have much interest in this so I was on the edge on whether or not I'd get it. The original content, while I did find enjoyable, wasn't something I was all that ecstatic over...had a couple problems with it in fact. After this summary, I think I'm convinced that I'm just going to pass on the game. The new content looks to be more of the same for me, if not kind of worse in my eyes so far.

Regardless, thanks for sharing the details of the new routes.

No problem, regardless of your final decision, I'm happy to help,

So just to give a bit more info, if you liked Ethel, Sherman or Marianna as characters then you will enjoy this version as their characters are vastly expanded on, compared to the original.

Also in terms of gameplay, its much better than original in terms of difficulty, whereas PS3 version was ridiculously easy, if you play this version straight away on hard, its a good challenge. Not hardcore but definitely challenging. I personally liked the gameplay of FFF with my biggest gripe being it was too easy so this is a real plus for me.

When it comes to the routes I found Jashin route to be the most enjoyable, with Goddess route being the most ideal. Majin route, whilst it wasn't bad, I was disappointed with it at certain parts, and I feel it mainly exists just
Spoiler:
to make Marianna playable.

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Devil route seems really interesting to me, yet quite difficult to understand. I mean

Spoiler:
Why Noe joins you?

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:01 pm

RED-chan wrote:Devil route seems really interesting to me, yet quite difficult to understand. I mean

Spoiler:
Why Noe joins you?

Spoiler:
INB4 he's a mercenary and Lola has to actually pay him.
I doubt that's the case though.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Mirai wrote:So just to give a bit more info, if you liked Ethel, Sherman or Marianna as characters then you will enjoy this version as their characters are vastly expanded on, compared to the original.

Ethel: She was one of the three characters I liked (the other two being Galdo and Apollonius,
Spoiler:
so it does kind of suck for me to hear what happens to them
) so seeing that she got expanded on was nice, especially since she got close to nothing in the original.

Sherman: I still don't know how to feel for him. His overall character in the original left me more perplexed than anything else. Though considering the other stuff that happens in the new routes...that's quite the norm now it seems.

Marianna: I didn't care much for her. Most of the Dorfa characters were like that for me.

Also in terms of gameplay, its much better than original in terms of difficulty, whereas PS3 version was ridiculously easy, if you play this version straight away on hard, its a good challenge. Not hardcore but definitely challenging. I personally liked the gameplay of FFF with my biggest gripe being it was too easy so this is a real plus for me.

That's good to know. As you said, it was way too easy to break the game in your favor with all the field effects. Even without that, it was still rather on the easy side.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:35 pm

As far as the difficulty goes, can you do one playthrough on Easy and then switch to Hard for NG+?
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:22 am

Really like the Final Boss design of the Devil Route.

Spoiler:

Also, in this video, I see a Lola's Ending. I thought this route was for Marianna's?

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 am

RED-chan wrote:Devil route seems really interesting to me, yet quite difficult to understand. I mean

Spoiler:
Why Noe joins you?

Spoiler:
Noe is a very strange character, to put it simply, he joins you because he wants to be "free".

shadowmaksim wrote:Ethel: She was one of the three characters I liked (the other two being Galdo and Apollonius,
Spoiler:
so it does kind of suck for me to hear what happens to them
) so seeing that she got expanded on was nice, especially since she got close to nothing in the original.

Sherman: I still don't know how to feel for him. His overall character in the original left me more perplexed than anything else. Though considering the other stuff that happens in the new routes...that's quite the norm now it seems.

Marianna: I didn't care much for her. Most of the Dorfa characters were like that for me.

Spoiler:
Apollo at least, does have a pretty decent role in Jashin route but Galdo gets the short end of the stick in both new routes. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

Yeah in the original Ethel just wasn't around long enough and we knew little about her character, thankfully that's changed in this version.

Regarding Sherman, well you will have a better understanding of his character once you've played Jashin route.

With Marianna you will either like or dislike her after playing ADF, as she's been given a big enough role for most people to care about now.

shadowmaksim wrote:
That's good to know. As you said, it was way too easy to break the game in your favor with all the field effects. Even without that, it was still rather on the easy side.

Yeah I agree, especially with the fury that gives you WP+50% with double damage. :roll: In comparison to ADF now, using this on hard would be suicidal. So if anything I'm looking forward to playing this game with a challenge this time.

Wdog-999 wrote:As far as the difficulty goes, can you do one playthrough on Easy and then switch to Hard for NG+?

Yes you can switch the difficulty after each play-through but NOT in-between! Also since you're a trophy hunter, there is a gold trophy for beating this game on hard difficulty.

RED-chan wrote:Really like the Final Boss design of the Devil Route.

Spoiler:

Also, in this video, I see a Lola's Ending. I thought this route was for Marianna's?

Well one's thing's for sure its a lot nicer looking than Jashin's final boss design. :P

Spoiler:
Yeah when the stream I watched showed their CG gallery after both routes, they were missing pictures. So just like with Goddess route where you have Eryn or Tiara to pick, in Jashin route you have Harley or Ethel and Devil route you have Marianna or Lola.

RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RED-chan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:24 am

Niceee.

Spoiler:
So basically every girls have their own Ending now. :)

Do you've a screen of the other final boss? I've seen it but I can't remember it already, lol.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”