Cho Jigen Taisen Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls (Vita)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Cho Jigen Taisen Neptune Vs Sega Hard Girls (Vita)

Postby LoweeIsLove » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:13 am

I actually have very little interest in the Sega Hard Girls to be honest as well. The gameplay looks nice and better, but the fact you can't open any apps to even check what kind of trophy you got is kind of ridiculous. Added that I'm not even interested in the Planeptune girls (except Uzume), so I'm not really hyped to the point I might even skip this game's LE and perhaps even the standard edition. Then again, I'm not a Sega fan at all that much....
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:...I do appreciate that we finally have a damn sprint button after all this time.

YIS.
Hope it carries over to the next Nep games.
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Draxzelex
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Draxzelex » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Lan-kun wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:...I do appreciate that we finally have a damn sprint button after all this time.

YIS.
Hope it carries over to the next Nep games.

now all we have left is to obtain the ability to quick travel

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm honestly a bit blown away by some of these reactions. This is probably one of the better ideas that've been put into existence for this series, but it'll go down as a failure? Dang guys.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:10 am

My copy hasn't arrived yet, so I can't check, plus I'm finishing Tokyo Xanadu and Yoru no Nai Kuni at the moment.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 am

Seventh wrote:I'm honestly a bit blown away by some of these reactions. This is probably one of the better ideas that've been put into existence for this series, but it'll go down as a failure? Dang guys.

You're a fan of the Sega Hard Girls. So of course you think it's a neat idea.

I'd much rather they cross over with a series I actually like.

I do like the Sonic Expy though, I will admit.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:22 am

vampko wrote:You're a fan of the Sega Hard Girls. So of course you think it's a neat idea.
That's not what I mean. The idea here is - I almost want to say ~objectively~ - just a flat out solid one. It's a game about a console war between, well, consoles again. It even has TAISEN in the title! It's the series' first genuine crossover after years of just references and stuff like the Makers. This is, for all intents and purposes, a huge step forward for the franchise. It's an original RPG in the series' style outside the main games - the first ever - on a handheld, a legit crossover title, it has some genuine touches to the gameplay system, and so much more seemingly going for it.

But if the fanbase is just looking at it as "oh, the characters I like aren't in it" or "I'd rather it be a crossover with something I like," then... jesus. Even if I hated the Sega Girls (and really, I've no major fondness for the Sega consoles and I liked the anime enough to make it to the episode Sonic showed up, but that's it), this is a huge milestone for this series in so many ways, even if it ends up being pretty standard as a game - the reasons for people taking issue are so... wow. I mean, people, you could look at the SHG as new Neptunia characters - that didn't stop people from playing the Noire game.

I'm sorry, I'm just really disappointed reading the reactions this is getting, and the reasons why it's getting them are so... wow. :(

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:57 am

The low sales could also just be attributable to general fatigue as well, the series has seen a LOT of releases in a short time. VII was just six months ago in Japan and now there's been two spinoff games released a month apart. Unless you're a hardcore Neptunia fan you're probably not going to include all those games in your budget.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:54 am

Added that Momster Hunter X was recently released the same week as this game, which earn already over a million units sold.

Cho Jigen Taisen Neptune sold about last week 16,941

...That's even worse than Blanc's game

Source
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:22 am

Seventh wrote:That's not what I mean. The idea here is - I almost want to say ~objectively~ - just a flat out solid one. It's a game about a console war between, well, consoles again

Hooray? I never really cared for that part of the concept.

Seventh wrote: this is a huge milestone for this series in so many ways

It does have some nice gameplay concepts. It'll be nice if they include some of it in the next Nep game. But, as it stands, there's basically nothing to hold my interest in the game's story. See. for me, Story and characters trump gameplay by far. I can get through a game with horrendous gameplay if it has some amazing story/characters. And, even if a game has omgwowamazing gameplay, if the characters/story are blegh, I can't get through it.

it's that simple. Again though, I'm not saying this is a horrible game, just, it's lower on the radar than other games.

Finally, it doesn't have any of my ships :(

Best way to lose a vampko purchase: Get rid of ships
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:58 pm

And it turns out that choosing between the two "final" events to be inserted in the game was ultimately pointless, ad the "Sega Hard Girls side" final event will be added as free DLC next week.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:28 am

xizro345 wrote:And it turns out that choosing between the two "final" events to be inserted in the game was ultimately pointless, ad the "Sega Hard Girls side" final event will be added as free DLC next week.

good on CH.
Spoiler:

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:15 am

I still haven't got time to play it (busy finishing Tokyo Xanadu first) but from what I heard around supposedly the game is a mess, both in the mechanics and technical department.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:50 pm

xizro345 wrote:I still haven't got time to play it (busy finishing Tokyo Xanadu first) but from what I heard around supposedly the game is a mess, both in the mechanics and technical department.
Well that's a shame if it's true. Sounded like it was trying to do more with the series than some of its main games even have.

I wonder if Felistella had to rush it once they got called away for Summon Night 6?

vhsface
Peon
Peon

Postby vhsface » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:06 pm

so is this being localized? i just got into the series and this seems very interesting

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”