Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
User avatar
Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Gene » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:09 am

It was a black Vita slim. I'm not certain if it's a developer edition. It could have been a dev edition since their PS4 has developer option when you press PS button.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8451
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Daverost » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Dev Vitas are the only ones with video out.

Officially, anyway. Some people mod them with video out and sell them. But I seriously doubt that's what it was.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

User avatar
Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1365
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm
Location: Behind you

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Gene » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Lucky Daverost :D :D :D
The next PS Experience will be in Atlanta, Georgia. You will have a chance to visit Idea Factory booth next year!
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby My1xT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Daverost wrote:Dev Vitas are the only ones with video out.

but why?
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Welp, the JP plat's as good as mine. Just saving the synthesis trophy for an event where I have to pop 10 plats in one day.
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:31 pm
Location: Lowee & Leanbox

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby LoweeIsLove » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:Welp, the JP plat's as good as mine. Just saving the synthesis trophy for an event where I have to pop 10 plats in one day.

Is there a English tropgy guide up yet? I'm trying to find a easy way to get those certain events.
Image
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:32 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:Welp, the JP plat's as good as mine. Just saving the synthesis trophy for an event where I have to pop 10 plats in one day.

Is there a English tropgy guide up yet? I'm trying to find a easy way to get those certain events.


There's a guide on PSNProfiles and I may or may not make one for PST.org.
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby kosmos » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Dont know if this has been posted already, but for those not waiting for the LE preorder info, heres the links for the normal versions.
Amazon

Gamestop
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Welp, just preordered the Korean version. It comes out on the 23rd, so I'll likely get it in January.
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Just noticed this little tidbit on the EN site for Blanc + Neptune:

This historical academy is renown for educating CPUs in the ways of human life and culture.
Despite its accolades, the school faced the threat of closure due to the world's population crisis.


Well, of course it is. You have that giant freaking school to educate about a dozen people. How well did you think that was gonna go? ._.

Oh, the site's updated by the way. We've got the story and the character profiles for Blanc and Neptune.

http://ideafintl.com/blanc-zombies/
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
RED-chan
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby RED-chan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:46 am

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/megatagmensi ... -29-Europe

Glad I have a new Vita. Tammy-chan, here I come!
Image
Hear me out! This line will stay in my sig until Compile Heart adds Red Heart,
Blue Heart, Pink Heart and Green Sister to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series!

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:42 am

Welp, the NA and EU versions of Blanc have different trophy lists.

I'm assuming NA and EU have separate MP servers since none of the games have had separate lists for those two areas before and I believe region-locked servers are one of the reasons that stacking lists show up.
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2028
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby My1xT » Wed May 11, 2016 5:53 am

region lock is junk especially when there's no problem importing the game on the vita and account region doesnt seem to matter for this (I played with a friend from malta the japanese version multiplayer without problem).
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:32 pm

I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should do a final thoughts post like I usually do with some games here but I ultimately decided to finally do it, even if it's rather late. Might as well get this off my chest.

Do note though, this is mostly a rant. I was really disappointed with the game.

Spoiler:
In terms of the story, I found it to be outright terrible. I think the story in this one is easily the worst to have come out of the series by far. I get that the whole story of the game is that the cast are basically making a B-movie but stuff just happens with usually very little set up. You literally go from one scrip set-up to another for the majority of the story.

And it's not even like the interactions, which is usually the staple for the series, are handled all that well either. Outside of Blanc and Neptune, everyone is so underutilized.

For one, the newcomers are completely wasted. Tamsoft for example, barely had any kind of presence. She literally just appears out of nowhere, says hi and joins near the beginning of the game, and outside of doing a single thing at the very end of the story that anyone else could have easily done...that's just about all you get of any kind of significance out of her. There are only 2 other short events (both are optional) involving her and both of which actually cover the same joke regarding her character. The interactions between Plutia, Peashy, and Uzume are basically nonexistent. Like Tamsoft, they all just join up in the second half of the game and more or less do nothing. Uzume at least introduces the final boss to the cast but Peashy and Plutia don't do anything at all. This is the first game that has Uzume meeting Plutia and Peashy and what do we get? 1 optional scene with Uzume commenting about Plutia behind her back and 1 optional scene with Uzume and Peashy basically going "yay, we both are so cool". That's it. Even Famitsu and Dengekiko got the short stick as well. They had their relationship from "Nep U" reset and got extremely flanderized even. All of their few scenes are mostly just them arguing with each other. Also, IF and Compa got the shaft yet again.

And don't even get me started on those alternative scenes you get for going into some missions with a certain pair of characters. I don't think I've ever seen alternative scenes handled so lazily in a game before. The majority of the time, the script doesn't even change. So you could get the same scene with 3 different set of characters and they all say and act the exact same way. I get it, they are reading off of a script and they are all basically reshoots but that doesn't excuse just how lazily they are handled. The characters don't get to inject their personality to change things up in the slightest. Heck, I recall there being one such scene with alternative cuts but only one of the paired characters actually shows up or says anything. The other paired character literally didn't matter despite being a requirement.

Not to mention Blanc's status as the main protagonist is also questionable. Nothing is really done with her that warrants her being the main character. I really do think they just shoved her name and image all over the game when it was already partway through development just to bank off the fact that she won the then recent popularity poll.

From a gameplay perspective, I'd say it's better overall from "Nep U" due to there being 7-ish more characters (counting normal and CPU forms separately) some existing characters getting new moves and changes, and a couple new mechanics, but starting out is made so much more tedious. For example, unlike "Nep U" where you start with everything but your specials, you actually have some of your moves and combo-strings locked out now. When you level up, you get points and you have to put them into a Technique stat (up to 10) to unlock attacks. But also note that means forgoing increasing the other three stats (HP, Pow, and Def) which are pretty important. Overall, not really an issue later on when your characters are high level and you have points to spare but I found this to be a really big hindrance to start with that lasts for quite a while. It takes so long to get enough points to unlock most of the moves. Even by the end of the story mode, my highest level character was still far from maxing out the Technique stat and that was with forgoing the other stats. So if you want to get a higher array of attacks, that means you have to basically close to cripple your character(s) stat-wise.

The selections of costumes are disappointing still. "Nep U" only had 1-2 outfits for it's characters (not counting recolors) and it's largely the same here, 1-2 outfits for everyone...despite the fact that everyone but Tamsoft got a new school uniform. The 4 main CPUs don't even get their Ultradimension outfits either. There are so many outfits for each of the characters in the series and yet it's so lacking here. Sure, the accessories are nice, but they are window dressing at best.

Going back to Peashy, Plutia, and Uzume...on top of lacking character interactions, it feels like the game doesn't want you to use them. You get them in the second half of the game and they all join at level 1. You have to spend some time grinding for them to catch up. There seems to be a lot of grinding in the game in general if you don't focus on just 3-4 characters since the enemy levels start jumping quickly between missions.

Now that I think about it, the missions in general were also pretty barebones. All of them were just kill quests with enemies that the majority of the time spawned right in front of you in a cluster. You'll usually clear them anywhere between 10 seconds to 2 minutes at most by using the Unity EXE Drive (or whatever the heck it was called). Say what you want about "Nep U" but at least it had some unique missions and had you running around some stages...but they are all exactly the same here. The game is harder but I feel for the wrong reasons. Like for example, the stronger enemies (minibosses) are far too annoying to fight. They powerarmor through most of your attacks and if you try to use a special or EXE drive on them...they get blown away usually almost immediately which will cause most of your attack to whiff. The only standout battles I can think of are the big bosses but all but one of them (that being the final boss of the story) are stuck behind the multiplayer...and even they are rather simple still.


Long story short, I can just go on and on with the complaints I've had over various aspects. Overall, the combat may be a bit better but that's about it. As a game, I'm finding it to be even worse than "Nep U". At least for me, it's easily my least enjoyed "Neptunia" game by far (though I still haven't played "Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls" and I heard really bad things about that game). It really feels to me like the game had lot of things skimped out on just for the multiplayer aspect...which is also something that just won't last since there just isn't much content there either. Heck, it's already died down quite the bit at this point.

I swear, this is near the exact same problem I've had with "Senran Kagura: Estival Versus", which was also done by Tamsoft. Both games suffered from a dumbed down single player experience for the sake of the multiplayer. I think I've basically lost faith in Tamsoft now. Outside of a possible "Onechanbara" sequel, I don't think I'm anticipating anything from them at this point

EDIT: Fixed some grammer errors.
Last edited by shadowmaksim on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 9528
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 am
Location: Name: Walter
Contact:

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby Wdog-999 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:00 am

shadowmaksim wrote:I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should do a final thoughts post like I usually do with some games here but I ultimately decided to finally do it, even if it's rather late. Might as well get this off my chest.

Do note though, this is mostly a rant. I was really disappointed with the game.

Spoiler:
In terms of the story, I found it to be outright terrible. I think the story in this one is easily the worst to have come out of the series by far. I get that the whole story of the game is that the cast are basically making a B-movie but stuff just happens with usually very little set up. You literally go from one scrip set-up to another for the majority of the story.

And it's not even like the interactions, which is usually the staple for the series, are handled all that well either. Outside of Blanc and Neptune, everyone is so underutilized.

For one, the newcomers are completely wasted. Tamsoft for example, barely had any kind of presence. She literally just appears out of nowhere, says hi and joins near the beginning of the game, and outside of doing a single thing at the very end of the story that anyone else could have easily done...that's just about all you get of any kind of significance out of her. There are only 2 other short events (both are optional) involving her and both of which actually cover the same joke regarding her character. The interactions between Plutia, Peashy, and Uzume are basically nonexistent. Like Tamsoft, they all just join up in the second half of the game and more or less do nothing. Uzume at least introduces the final boss to the cast but Peashy and Plutia don't do anything at all. This is the first game that has Uzume meeting Plutia and Peashy and what do we get? 1 optional scene with Uzume commenting about Plutia behind her back and 1 optional scene with Uzume and Peashy basically going "yay, we both are so cool". That's it. Even Famitsu and Dengekiko got the short stick as well. They had their relationship from "Nep U" reset and got extremely flanderized even. All of their few scenes are mostly just them arguing with each other. Also, IF and Compa got the shaft yet again.

And don't even get me started on those alternative scenes you get for going into some missions with a certain pair of characters. I don't think I've ever seen alternative scenes handled so lazily in a game before. The majority of the time, the script doesn't even change. So you could get the same scene with 3 different set of characters and they all say and act the exact same way. I get it, they are reading off of a script and they are all basically reshoots but that doesn't excuse just how lazily they are handled. The characters don't get to inject their personality to change things up in the slightest. Heck, I recall there being one such scene with alternative cuts but only one of the paired characters actually shows up or says anything. The other paired character literally didn't matter despite being a requirement.

Not to mention Blanc's status as the main protagonist is also questionable. Nothing is really done with her that warrants her being the main character. I really do think they just shoved her name and image all over the game when it was already partway through development just to bank off the fact that she won the then recent popularity poll.

From a gameplay perspective, I'd say it's better overall from "Nep U" due to there being 7-ish more characters (counting normal and CPU forms separately) some existing characters getting new moves and changes, and a couple new mechanics, but starting out is made so much more tedious. For example, unlike "Nep U" where you start with everything but your specials, you actually have some of your moves and combo-strings locked out now. When you level up, you get points and you have to put them into a Technique stat (up to 10) to unlock attacks. But also note that means forgoing increasing the other three stats (HP, Pow, and Def) which are pretty important. Overall, not really an issue later on when your characters are high level and you have points to spare but I found this to be a really big hindrance to start with that lasts for quite a while. It takes so long to get enough points to unlock most of the moves. Even by the end of the story mode, my highest level character was still far from maxing out the Technique stat and that was with forgoing the other stats. So if you want to get a higher array of attacks, that means you have to basically close to cripple your character(s) stat-wise.

The selections of costumes are disappointing still. "Nep U" only had 1-2 outfits for it's characters (not counting recolors) and it's largely the same here, 1-2 outfits for everyone...despite the fact that everyone but Tamsoft got a new school uniform. The 4 main CPUs don't even get their Ultradimension outfits either. There are so many outfits for each of the characters in the series and yet it's so lacking here. Sure, the accessories are nice, but they are window dressing at best.

Going back to Peashy, Plutia, and Uzume...on top of lacking character interactions but it feels like the game doesn't want you to use them. You get them in second half of the game and they all join at level 1. Gotta spend some time grinding for them to catch up. There seems to be a lot of grinding in the game if you don't focus on just 3-4 characters since the enemy levels start jumping quickly between missions.

Now that I think about it, the missions in general were also pretty barebones. All of them were just kill quests with enemies that the majority of the time spawned right in front of you in a cluster. You'll usually clear them anywhere between 10 seconds to 2 minutes at most by using the Unity EXE Drive (or whatever the heck it was called). Say what you want about "Nep U" but at least it had some unique missions and had you running around some stages...but they are all exactly the same here. The game is harder but I feel for the wrong reasons. Like for example, the stronger enemies (minibosses) are far too annoying to fight. They powerarmor through most of your attacks and if you try to use a special or EXE drive on them...they get blown usually almost immediately causing most of your attack to whiff. The only standout battles I can think of are the big bosses but all but one of them (that being the final boss of the story) are stuck behind the multiplayer...and even they are rather simple still.


Long story short, I can just go on and on with the complaints I've had over various aspects. Overall, the combat may be a bit better but that's about it. As a game, I'm finding it to be even worse than "Nep U". At least for me, it's easily my least enjoyed "Neptunia" game by far (though I still haven't played "Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls" and I heard really bad things about that game). It really feels to me like the game had lot of things skimped out on just for the multiplayer aspect...which is also something that just won't last since there just isn't much content there either. Heck, it's already died down quite the bit at this point.

I swear, this is near the exact same problem I've had with "Senran Kagura: Estival Versus", which was also done by Tamsoft. Both games suffered from a dumbed down single player experience for the sake of the multiplayer. I think I've basically lost faith in Tamsoft now. Outside of a possible "Onechanbara" sequel, I don't think I'm anticipating anything from them at this point.


Welp, now I don't feel bad about skipping the story for a faster plat time in the US version and I still won't feel bad about it for the EU version.

The way new characters are handled is probably the most stupid design decision in the whole game. I get that it's supposed to encourage replayability, but when your campaign can literally be beaten in two hours, I'd rather just do that. -_-

Overall, I feel like neither game is very good, but at least I find something enjoyable in beating stuff up that keeps me in for the time it takes to plat.

Speaking of, this may have the shortest plat in the entire series with a possible time of under 20 hours. It's that short. Even Neptunia U took about 30 hours to do everything excluding that fucking stupid lily rank grind.

I hope you can at least have fun with SHG. I personally found that game mediocre (saying this as a person who considers R;B1 and R;B3 two of the best entries in the series), but maybe it'll be more fun for you.
Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:
Image
Image


Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests