Grand Kingdom Announced!

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Grand Kingdom Announced!

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:32 am

Coming to PS4 and Vita June 21st!

I've been editing this project, so I'm pretty excited that it's finally out in the open. I'd be happy to answer any questions about it!
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mechasparky
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Grand Kingdom Announced!

Postby Mechasparky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Will there be any content edited out or censored in the final product?

Please excuse the new account, I just joined. But I can promise it's not a throwaway account.

jakejoe85
Peon
Peon

Postby jakejoe85 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Another question would be...
Is this game gonna have dual Audio or what what will be used[Original track or just new Dubbed]?

ricopenguin
Peon
Peon

Postby ricopenguin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Will this game have cross save between PS4 and Vita?

Might not be a translator question...but I'm very curious. I'd like to get the 100 dollar edition but if its not cross save I might do Vita, and if it is I'll grab PS4 first.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Mechasparky wrote:Will there be any content edited out or censored in the final product?

Please excuse the new account, I just joined. But I can promise it's not a throwaway account.

No content has been censored, but we had to edit out all the Japanese and replace it with English. I know that's a controversial move on our part, but I'm sure the fans will forgive us.

jakejoe85 wrote:Another question would be...
Is this game gonna have dual Audio or what what will be used[Original track or just new Dubbed]?

The PS4 version will have dual audio on release. Due to Vita cartridge limitations, we're hoping to release the JP audio as free DLC for the Vita release, like we did with Danganronpa: AE.

ricopenguin wrote:Will this game have cross save between PS4 and Vita?

Might not be a translator question...but I'm very curious. I'd like to get the 100 dollar edition but if its not cross save I might do Vita, and if it is I'll grab PS4 first.

Grand Kingdom does not have cross save, but the online multiplayer does feature cross play between PS4 and Vita.

ricopenguin
Peon
Peon

Postby ricopenguin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Drat! Ok...that'll make the decision considerably harder.

But that Grand Edition just is too pretty to not buy :/.

Thanks for the information Dood!

edit: Just read your first response on the censorship question. I died a little inside (from laughter), thank you.

souledge94
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby souledge94 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Thanks for answering the voice question. Happy its going to get a dub. I was wondering is there a difficulty option to this game? If there isint any how difficult is it?

Mechasparky
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mechasparky » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:
Mechasparky wrote:Will there be any content edited out or censored in the final product?

No content has been censored, but we had to edit out all the Japanese and replace it with English. I know that's a controversial move on our part, but I'm sure the fans will forgive us.

OK, I deserved that. But excelent to hear. Censoring seems to be a big problem lately, so it's a bit of a concern. (You can thank Nintendo of America for the current paranoia. Now I have to make a quick decision if I want the CE or not.

Thanks.

Jitawa
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Jitawa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:10 pm

WIll we wind up having access to the new classes announced as DLC in Japan?

re:
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/grand-kingdo ... s-paid-dlc

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:18 pm

souledge94 wrote:Thanks for answering the voice question. Happy its going to get a dub. I was wondering is there a difficulty option to this game? If there isint any how difficult is it?

There isn't a difficulty option, and battles can be pretty straightforward once you get a feel for the gameplay. However, battles do run the risk of turning ugly due to the following factors:

-Limited sources of healing. There is only one dedicated healing class and healing items can be hard to find. If you're taking a lot of damage in combat it can quickly come back to haunt you. This is mitigated somewhat by the fact that units recover a small amount of HP at the end of battle.
-Friendly Fire. This feature is always on. You absolutely must pay attention your units' positioning during battle at all times. One slip-up with a skill that affects a wide area can easily mean you've just wiped out your entire party.

I'm sure there are other factors, but those are just off the top of my head. I also know certain types of quests can be really difficult to complete (i.e. get from Point A to Point B without entering a single battle), and completing them is kinda like figuring out the correct path to navigate a maze.

Really, the difficulty will vary from player to player depending on the tactical decisions they make.

Jitawa wrote:WIll we wind up having access to the new classes announced as DLC in Japan?

re:
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/grand-kingdo ... s-paid-dlc

I can't comment on this at the moment, but all will be revealed in time... ;)

Blink_Winkel
Majin
Majin

Postby Blink_Winkel » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:03 am

Last edited by Blink_Winkel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:45 am

Blink_Winkel wrote:
The_Dood_Abides wrote:The PS4 version will have dual audio on release. Due to Vita cartridge limitations, we're hoping to release the JP audio as free DLC for the Vita release, like we did with Danganronpa: AE.

Thanks for the answer. I wish you'd keep the original voices in the game and put the dub as DLC instead, but as long as it's possible to play the game with Japanese voices + English text, I'm happy.

NISA has actually commented on this in the past, at least one of the blues did, not sure which. Since it's being released in primarily English speaking regions (at least as far as the US is concerned) the primary cartridge language will be English. If Japanese fits, it gets added to the cartridge, if not, DLC. I am with you that I would prefer Japanese be the primary, but I can absolutely see their reasoning for focusing on English first.

souledge94
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby souledge94 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:25 pm

razisgosu wrote:
Blink_Winkel wrote:
The_Dood_Abides wrote:The PS4 version will have dual audio on release. Due to Vita cartridge limitations, we're hoping to release the JP audio as free DLC for the Vita release, like we did with Danganronpa: AE.

Thanks for the answer. I wish you'd keep the original voices in the game and put the dub as DLC instead, but as long as it's possible to play the game with Japanese voices + English text, I'm happy.

NISA has actually commented on this in the past, at least one of the blues did, not sure which. Since it's being released in primarily English speaking regions (at least as far as the US is concerned) the primary cartridge language will be English. If Japanese fits, it gets added to the cartridge, if not, DLC. I am with you that I would prefer Japanese be the primary, but I can absolutely see their reasoning for focusing on English first.

To be honest be happy you still the voices you want. Unlike us who prefer dubs we are screwed if theres no dubs from the start and have to stay stuck with jpn audio. For example night of azure. At least you guys have the hope for DLC we dont as dub dlc has never been done before.

SierraM363
Peon
Peon

Postby SierraM363 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:12 am

Will the Grand Edition be available in Best Buy or Gamestop?

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:51 pm

SierraM363 wrote:Will the Grand Edition be available in Best Buy or Gamestop?

The Grand Edition will only be available through our online store.

Return to “Grand Kingdom”