Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII announced! (coming to PS4)

Postby My1xT » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:18 pm

I got an update about the size and Japanese voices thing.

according to German PSN Nep v2 itself is 7,1GB and the voices are 1,2GB, so it is COMPLETELY unreasonable not to put them on disc, even an f'ing single layer would easily hold it.
or did they put it on a DVD? even then it would be enough.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:40 pm

It was never about the size. It was a technical limitation according to IFI.

Going by what we know, the JP track has no subtitles on videos. The problem is probably that Sony wouldn't let them release it dual language if it didn't have functional English in the whole game for both languages. Certainly not to physical copies.

There are a number of other games with the same problem (Atelier Escha/Logy, Drakengard 3, etc.) and the same solution (JP DLC, not on disc/cart despite being able to fit it) so it's nothing new, but it apparently happened to V-II.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:31 am

that limitation is annoying.

I mean in german PSN NOBODY cares about whether a game does german or not and I guess in most other PSNs it's the same...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

FANSean
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby FANSean » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:19 am

Sony's been very dickish about regulations before, I believe 2D games were originally banned on the PS1 and companies like Capcom and Konami had to swing deals to get past that. I think some indie devs have bemoaned Microsoft's regulations on their storefront in the early 360 days, too.

thanks noire, thanks vert.

(i'd say praise blanc but i'm pretty sure nintendo is guilty of this as well and i'm just biased)

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Galblade » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Just finished the normal ending and I have to say I love this game. They've improved in every way on the rebirth series and my only real gripe is that the last few dungeons in the story are the same aesthetically. But even then it's not bad enough to call the game bad in the end. Time to go for the true ending and the platinum after that.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:05 pm

FANSean wrote:Sony's been very dickish about regulations before, I believe 2D games were originally banned on the PS1 and companies like Capcom and Konami had to swing deals to get past that.

I forget if it was like that on PS1 or if it was on PS2, but one of the two if not both needed at least -some- degree 3D graphics in the game, even if everything else was 2D. I think that was more of a PS2 thing.

And there were no physical sales of games without a dub for the longest time. (Hence things the infamous Chaos Wars dub recorded by localization staff's friends and family and Aksys almost passing on the PS3 version of Agarest entirely.) That one was either lifted later or lifted for sequels or... something. Something changed about it. I think it's gone completely by now.
I never got my avatars.

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:43 pm

I wonder how much time it'll take to max everybody's lily ranks out with everybody? While I know there's no trophy for doing so, I'd still like to be able to say that I did it. Anyway right now IF has maxed out all of her lily ranks, and I'm working on S-Sha.

I'm also grinding for cards while using my newly made Forbidden Twigs so it's not a total waste of time. :)
PSN: YuriFan9999

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Just finished my first playthrough and am starting NG+. I decided to get the Bad and Normal endings out of the way first so I played blind. Though, from the looks of it, I was close to getting the True Ending. Should be easy enough to get through it all. Going in with end game stats and equipment, not to mention over 260 million credits in reserve, kind of does that I guess.

That said, while I am enjoying the game, I really do have some mixed feeling about it. It's like some aspects took several steps forward...but other aspects look several steps back as well. So many of the new features/mechanics and changes just don't seem that well thought out or are a bit questionable.

Now then, back to card collecting I guess. I only need two more SR cards and I'll finally have them all. The drop rate for them are absurdly low.

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Do we have official measurements (height and bust size) for the characters introduced in this game? In particular I'm looking for Big Nep's and Uzume's measurements.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:34 pm

I feel like they haven't done that since Victory, but I sure hope so. It'd be nice to have that massive chart updated.
I never got my avatars.

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 pm

I wonder why they stopped doing it. I (and others?) found it an interesting piece of trivia in previous games.

KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:33 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:I wonder why they stopped doing it. I (and others?) found it an interesting piece of trivia in previous games.

I found it funny how Histoire's chart used actual hardware for measurements instead of the metric system.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:20 am

@Koopa lolwhat?

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:59 am

If I recall correctly her measurements were listed in pixels instead of centimeters... although they did use an alphabetic value for her cup size (A).

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:49 am

Hey guys, are they gonna release the DLC characters like God Eater Chan and stuff? I already have the two DLC characters that came to the West (I still don't have the game, mind you).
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”