Dangan Ronpa 3 Anime: End of Hope's Peak Academy

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Dangan Ronpa 3 Anime: End of Hope's Peak Academy

Postby KaminaGirl » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:11 am

WARNING THIS FORUM WILL HAVE SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TWO GAMES AND ULTRA DESPAIR GIRLS
This is happening! This is what they meant by "..and more"! It's sad that the Hope's Peak Arc. is finally ending, but this is awesome!!!!

It seems that everyone is getting a new design and we finally get to see what Aoi was like after the first game. I wonder how she is going to be after hearing her brother's death? Or are they just going to ignore it? Also, Kirigiri looks so adorable in a ponytail!
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

Dragonage2ftw
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Dangan Ronpa 3 Anime: End of Hope's Peak Academy

Postby Dragonage2ftw » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:35 am

I'm so glad that this isn't an adaptation of the second game.
I am a huge fan of DSP, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, and many other things.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:01 am

Why skip the second one for those who just watched the anime? I always wanted a anime adaptation of the second game :cry:

Although at least both fans are happy they're closing the Hope Peak arc and at the same time start a new cast.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Glad aoi is back to being a main character because she was one of my favorites from DR1. I wonder why it looks like makoto's wrists are bound together. also glad to see he finally looks like he's aged some.

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:09 am

Makoto :o
So manly looking
Meteor Breaker!

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:02 am

burai97 wrote:Glad aoi is back to being a main character because she was one of my favorites from DR1. I wonder why it looks like makoto's wrists are bound together. also glad to see he finally looks like he's aged some.

Well, some people think that the reason why his hands is tied up is because the Future Foundation is punishing him for betraying them and helping the Remnants of Despair. Perhaps the story will be about Naegi trying to convince the Future Foundation to let the events of Dangan Ronpa 2 slide.

Also I just realized that there is a broken glass ball next to Kirigiri's feet. It makes sense since the trailer did show that Hagakure will be in the anime as well (he has glasses! What the heck happened that he would need glasses?)
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:52 am

New trailer on the 26th

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/180277
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:32 pm

I hope they can squeeze in some nice closure for everything related to this part of the series if this really is to be its end.

I mean, if they want to leave some things open ended, that's fine too, but if not, there's some smaller stuff I'd like to see at least addressed.

Spoiler:
The Ultra Despair characters (the family members and friends more than the kids) being referenced being a primary one, including the Hagakure side story. Given they seemed to do certain things in that game (including having Toko keep her reactions to herself a lot of the time), it'd be nice to have a little more development there - at least some kind of cameo.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV37QdQGaZk
new trailer for the anime that summarizes the past 2 games as well as announces that there will be two different anime for danganronpa 3. The first will be about the future foundation after danganronpa 2. the second seems to be about the danganronpa 2 cast pre danganronpa 2, maybe about how they became ultimate despair.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:28 pm

THE TRAILER IS OUT!! I WILL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE A TRANSLATED VERSION OF IT WITHIN 24 HOURS!
Spoiler:

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Well I'll give a brief summary for the time being:
Spoiler:
In the trailer they announced Dangan Ronpa 3 anime will be split into two parts. The first part will air in July and is called "Future/Mirai" (which ironically is my username :P). This will be a continuation of the events after SDR2 and the Owarimonogatari of "Hope's Peak Acadamy" saga. All 12 new characters are from the Future Foundation and will be taking part in a "death game".

The second part currently has an unknown airdate (likely after "future" which will be fall or winter next year) and is called "Despair/Zetsubou". This will be a prequel which takes place before "The Tragedy" has occurred and will cover the SDR2 characters and show us how each of them fell into Despair.

All I can say right now is: I'm on the Hype Train!!!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:43 pm

im looking forward to hearing more about twogami since we know almost nothing about him. Also forgive me if im wrong but i beleive the narrator says she's the "ultimate housekeeper" at the end of the trailer.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSEvkJ4SG4A Here's the translated trailer.
Spoiler:

GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby GoldStarz » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Funi is streaming DR3.

RIP DR3.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:16 am