1/5
No votes

Total votes: 2

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: *SPOILERS* DR: Another Episode Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:28 pm

burai97 wrote:I did my first playthrough with the dub but I'm doing a second one subbed so I'm not certain but i think stuff like your last issue comes up a few more times later.

Well I've just finished Chapter 1 now and fortunately I haven't come across an error like those two in the prologue. Yet again like with the prologue the NISA localisation remains fairly accurate to the original with some changes but I'm not going to point them all out as I'll be here forever otherwise so the few examples I gave above should give people a rough enough idea.

Regarding the gameplay so far I've been surprisingly good at getting "Nice Shots" (around 75% of the time), so thanks to that I had a ton of coins to spend on upgrades. In terms of difficulty, I'm playing on Despair and so far I've only been hit a few times in total this chapter, so I've had little difficulty so far but things will get harder later on, I know that. I'm pretty sure I got all the shiny items lying around as well, which took up some extra time. One thing however that I had to *facepalm* at myself for, was how much of an idiot I was in the Director's office, I was completely overthinking the riddle and it was much simpler than I initially thought. :oops:.

Moving back to the translation again, I noticed there were around 4-6 Japanese "pun jokes" that are impossible to translate coherently, so I understand if NISA had to make changes here, however I was surprised when they did little to change the "coliseum pun". To explain briefly when Komaru and Touko confront Masaru, he declares (NISA version) "This is a killesseum! I'm gonna kill you demons". In Japanese this is a pun here as Coliseum is pronounced “koroshiamu” and kill is "koroshi" but Masaru who isn't known for his high IQ takes this pun literally hence NISA's translation to "killesseum" is correct here. (Masaru gets reprimanded by Touko for making this mistake).
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Just cleared Chapter 1

R.I.P Yamcha Asahina :cry:

It was hard to look at Masaru beating himself >~<

And got a A Rank on the Chapter 8-)
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:40 am

It was really tough watching Daimon hit himself like that indeed....So I guess they're specifically grabbing people related to the original killing school life victims then? I wonder if all of them were trapped like Komaru was?

A way to have a more "fun" game since they wouldn't be as influenced or in the know on what happened while they were stuck.

Mirai wrote:One thing however that I had to *facepalm* at myself for, was how much of an idiot I was in the Director's office, I was completely overthinking the riddle and it was much simpler than I initially thought. :oops:.

I nearly cried when I first was about to work on it. Thinking that I had to figure out the readings of kanji in names (I have the import, remember), but then quickly was able to pull back and take another look. Realizing that it was incredibly simple, and all the other information was just a lot of misdirection to make you think it was worse than it was :lol:

I got really close to having a meltdown though xD
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Mirai wrote:One thing however that I had to *facepalm* at myself for, was how much of an idiot I was in the Director's office, I was completely overthinking the riddle and it was much simpler than I initially thought. :oops:.

Yeah, I had a problem with that puzzle. I was constantly thinking how the names are a clue to solving it and thought what could translate well. Since three of them were English names, I thought it had to do with the first initial. It didn't work. Then I checked the dates on the name plaques and saw that one of them had a June date while the others had a July date. "Maybe the June one is talking about the last name initial since you're supposed to use their last name with a '-san' for people that are older?" is what I thought next. No luck. After half an hour using other ways of logic, (I'm not exaggerating on this one. I swear I'm THAT stupid) I just gave up and looked at a fan translation to find the answer. I still didn't understand the puzzle until I watched Nicob's let's play of it.
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Though I'm disappointed in you guys for not putting in a hidden camera in the recording booth when Jason Wishnov (Togami) had to voice the line in the "Fukawa Fantasy" Events. Well, since I know know Jason Wishnov would voice those lines, there's a bigger chance of the official VAs voicing the DR fangame "Ahogay" becoming a reality.
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:58 am

KaminaGirl wrote:Though I'm disappointed in you guys for not putting in a hidden camera in the recording booth when Jason Wishnov (Togami) had to voice the line in the "Fukawa Fantasy" Events. Well, since I know know Jason Wishnov would voice those lines, there's a bigger chance of the official VAs voicing the DR fangame "Ahogay" becoming a reality.

That was a fun day. He was a good sport!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Return to “Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls”