Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
KoopaTroopinski
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Neptunia Merchandise Thread

Postby KoopaTroopinski » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Lan-kun wrote:
Daverost wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:It easily has some of the best character development and world building in the original trilogy

Still best in the series, IMO. I keep waiting for a new game to come along and top it but so far nothing has.

I do appreciate the continued improvements in gameplay, though. And at least some of the new characters. But HDN is still top for me on characters/story.

I always heard that HDN had the best characterization out of all the games, but hearing this again just makes me wanna go buy it and experience it myself.

Even if I had to suffer through its RNG healing mechanic.

Also, why the hell did they turn Vert's original and badass drill-lance into a comparatively boring spear in the subsequent games anyway? </3

Because she's not allowed to pierce the heavens.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 pm

If I may jump into the discussion as well, I'm another individual that considers the original "HDN" to be their favorite entry of the series. And I have actually played all the ones that have been released internationally so far, all 10 of them.

Heck, I even actually like the gameplay there more than what it currently is. Take the item system for example. I found it to be pretty interesting and unique but it wasn't implemented all that well. Took way too long for it to finally open up and actually be, well, usable. Or even the partner swap mechanic for example which was probably the most useful it ever was in the series...though it also opened up too late, unless you got the additional DLC characters anyway. It all just needed more polish and some tweaking so I find it to be a shame that it was just scrapped near entirely.

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:59 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:If I may jump into the discussion as well, I'm another individual that considers the original "HDN" to be their favorite entry of the series. And I have actually played all the ones that have been released internationally so far, all 10 of them.

Heck, I even actually like the gameplay there more than what it currently is. Take the item system for example. I found it to be pretty interesting and unique but it wasn't implemented all that well. Took way too long for it to finally open up and actually be, well, usable. Or even the partner swap mechanic for example which was probably the most useful it ever was in the series...though it also opened up too late, unless you got the additional DLC characters anyway. It all just needed more polish and some tweaking so I find it to be a shame that it was just scrapped near entirely.

Regarding combat, Compile Heart seems to be a fan of changing the battle system. I remember reading an interview recently about the future of the series, where Mizuno mentioned wanting to explore a new battle system. That's all fine and good, but I feel like they've got something good going right now with the system they've been using. I'd hate to see it thrown out right as they've started to refine it. Now, she may have been referring to spin-offs, but that's just my two cents.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 pm

@Keel

I've been noticing that as well.
It seems like every main series game has a different battle system/has different battle mechanics that build upon and/or remake the last, which is a decision I actually like, because honestly, all this series has been doing is practically improving with each and every new installment (that doesn't dip into uncharted territory).

This, right here, is why I believe Neptunia will come to be a very nice and awesome series that will be fondly remembered if CH keeps on continuing with this trend.

Spoiler:
But that’s being optimistic, of course...
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Lan-kun wrote:@Keel

I've been noticing that as well.
It seems like every main series game has a different battle system/has different battle mechanics that build upon and/or remake the last, which is a decision I actually like, because honestly, all this series has been doing is practically improving with each and every new installment (that doesn't dip into uncharted territory).

This, right here, is why I believe Neptunia will come to be a very nice and awesome series that will be fondly remembered if CH keeps on continuing with this trend.

Spoiler:
But that’s being optimistic, of course...

I think that's a good way of wording it. "that doesn't dip into uncharted territory". I am perfectly fine if the system changes as long as it remains in the same vein. I really enjoy the battle system that Victory laid out, and given how often they have used that framework, it would be a shame not to polish it to a point. That being said, I'm still curious to see what they'll do with future games.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:09 am

btw staying at nepgear and bringing back the thread topic:

I preordered this a while ago:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... URE-014674
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 am

My1xT wrote:btw staying at nepgear and bringing back the thread topic:

I preordered this a while ago:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... URE-014674

Ahhh yes I've seen this recently, it's rather cute. The Black Heart one is pretty nice as well. It's also got a pretty decent price on it!

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:28 am

Uh hey guys...........figured I might as well show some stuff I've gotten. I know this isn't all I've gotten since not being here. I've forgotten what I've shown here and what I haven't, and some stuff I've gotten I've already showed, just bought the things again because I wanted the item sealed, or because I needed more of the item(card sleeves for my Yu-Gi-Oh! decks).

I may be done with this series, however, I'm not done buying Noire merch, and whatnot. Still love her.

Spoiler:
NEXT Black poster

Spoiler:
Black Heart wall scroll

Spoiler:
TagBlanc towel thingy. This has Neptune, Nepgear, & Blanc on it. I just have it folded to only show Noire & Uni

Spoiler:
Another NEXT Black poster

Spoiler:
Gift card thingies

Spoiler:
TagBlanc & VII Keychains. And some sort of ID holder or something, not sure what it is lol

Spoiler:
Pens, and a pen case

Spoiler:
YGO playmat. I plan on using this at my YGO locals I have weekly. Was planning on using it tonight......but I got called in to work tonight, so I won't be able to go :_:
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Cool stuff Rulz. Especially the Tsunako NEXT BH stuff.

Come to think of it I do have extra stuff. I have a mini tapestry, an FFF ADF item, and a Tony Taka item. I'll have to take a picture of the mini tapestry of BH I have and the FFF ADF item, but something tells me to be on the safe side to not post the Tony Taka item I do have. While it does not show anything explicit, and it's not considered 18+ [ at least I don't believe so ] but I'm not going to risk anything.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:26 pm

NoireRulz wrote:I may be done with this series, however, I'm not done buying Noire merch, and whatnot. Still love her.[/size]

Spoiler:
TagBlanc towel thingy. This has Neptune, Nepgear, & Blanc on it. I just have it folded to only show Noire & Uni

Spoiler:
TagBlanc & VII Keychains. And some sort of ID holder or something, not sure what it is lol

1: why are you done with it?
2: Can you show Nepgear?
3: are there Nepgear Variants of these?
3.1: if yes, where can I get them?
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:45 pm

Turns out I have at least one of them on my phone already.

It isn't Neptunia, but it's certainly Tsunako. Specifically, it's one of the Advent Dark Force store bonuses.

Enjoy. It's a little raunchy but nothing is showing.

Spoiler:

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:Turns out I have at least one of them on my phone already.

It isn't Neptunia, but it's certainly Tsunako. Specifically, it's one of the Advent Dark Force store bonuses.

Spoiler:

Not bad Magician, reminds me that I should get around to FFF. Been waiting for Advent Dark Force so I don't have to boot up my PS3. XD

Also, that's some nice stuff you've got NoireRulz. I especially like the Next Black poster.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:Turns out I have at least one of them on my phone already.

Spoiler:

Not bad Magician, reminds me that I should get around to FFF. Been waiting for Advent Dark Force so I don't have to boot up my PS3. XD

Also, that's some nice stuff you've got NoireRulz. I especially like the Next Black poster.

That tapestry is an example of stuff I tend to prefer just to let you know. Yea, just wait for ADF despite the tales I've heard about it leave my head scratching.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:17 pm

also what is tony taka? where you posted that you have an item above.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:23 pm

My1xT wrote:also what is tony taka? where you posted that you have an item above.

Famous Japanese artist. He's known for his work in hentai/eroge, the SHINING franchise, and his sexy-cute style of art. A great deal of his artwork is NSFW. Earlier in this thread I believe I posted a Tony Taka tapestry of mine, it's the brunette with a super happy face, butterfly wings, etc.

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”