Neptunia Merchandise Thread

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Neptunia Merchandise Thread

Postby My1xT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:24 pm

oh okay seems legit that you aint gonna post it.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:32 pm

I thought that name rang a bell. I've seen some of his work in the past. I'm particularly fond of his takes on Hatsune Miku art. They're simple, but I do prefer them over the official designs.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Here is the last item that I got recently.

Originally lost an auction for this item the first time I saw it, but managed to get another one pretty quickly.

Spoiler:

Granted this was from like September-October of last year, but it's been a long while for me.
"Happiness lies in the cultivation of the garden." Candide

"Let the foolish continue to be foolish." Me (EDG), WPHS Yearbook Quote 2006

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:Here is the last item that I got recently.

Originally lost an auction for this item the first time I saw it, but managed to get another one pretty quickly.

Spoiler:

Granted this was from like September-October of last year, but it's been a long while for me.

I do like Black Heart's VII design the best. Where were these originally sold? Was it somewhere like Comiket?

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:

Spoiler:

I do like Black Heart's VII design the best. Where were these originally sold? Was it somewhere like Comiket?

Yes it was a Comiket promo from last year. I actually got lucky and saw it on eBay for about 25 bucks free shipping. Originally, it was on eBay as an auction starting at 20, but between myself and two of my friends watching it, we all lost against it, granted the final bid was like 40-45 which was a little steep for me at the time.

Black Heart is my jam. Of all of the HDD designs including NEXT forms, MK2 Purple Sister, HDN/MK2/V2 Black Heart, and NEXT Purple are easily the best looking. Wish there was a tiny tapestry of Purple Sister, I'd settle for her Victory and beyond HDD Processor, though her MK2 would be ideal.

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
Keelloo17 wrote:

Spoiler:

Yes it was a Comiket promo from last year. I actually got lucky and saw it on eBay for about 25 bucks free shipping. Originally, it was on eBay as an auction starting at 20, but between myself and two of my friends watching it, we all lost against it, granted the final bid was like 40-45 which was a little steep for me at the time.

Black Heart is my jam. Of all of the HDD designs including NEXT forms, MK2 Purple Sister, HDN/MK2/V2 Black Heart, and NEXT Purple are easily the best looking. Wish there was a tiny tapestry of Purple Sister, I'd settle for her Victory and beyond HDD Processor, though her MK2 would be ideal.

Lucky you! I look on ebay fairly often and can never seem to find any good deals. Granted, I've seen a ton of tapestries, but many are $200+. Even seen one as high as $1000 (o__O), but I digress.

I have to agree on your Nepgear preference. I do like her design from Mk2 the best, but VII's is also well done. I think my favorites HDD designs are Black Heart (Hyperdimension BH, not a fan of Victory BH), Purple Sister (VII is my personal favorite, but her Lilac-mk3 processor is a nice design as well), and Orange Heart. Not particularly a fan of the NEXT forms, though. They are a bit too overdone design wise for me. But if I had to choose, I'd say NEXT Purple.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:
Keelloo17 wrote:

Spoiler:

Lucky you! I look on ebay fairly often and can never seem to find any good deals. Granted, I've seen a ton of tapestries, but many are $200+. Even seen one as high as $1000 (o__O), but I digress.

I have to agree on your Nepgear preference. I do like her design from Mk2 the best, but VII's is also well done. I think my favorites HDD designs are Black Heart (Hyperdimension BH, not a fan of Victory BH), Purple Sister (VII is my personal favorite, but her Lilac-mk3 processor is a nice design as well), and Orange Heart. Not particularly a fan of the NEXT forms, though. They are a bit too overdone design wise for me. But if I had to choose, I'd say NEXT Purple.

NEXT forms suffer from sensory overload. They're too flashy and extravagant to the point of of looking absurd in some cases, *cough* NEXT White Heart. As far as I'm concerned there hasn't been anything as chic and classy since the original and V2 looks of Purple Heart and Black Heart. Part of the reason why I can stomach NEXT Purple is when she doesn't have all that extra frill attached to her she looks ordinary; albeit incredibly striking. Not to mention she reminds me something I'd see in Evangelion as a plug suit so bonus points for that.

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:48 am

Magician_Type_0 wrote:NEXT forms suffer from sensory overload. They're too flashy and extravagant to the point of of looking absurd in some cases, *cough* NEXT White Heart. As far as I'm concerned there hasn't been anything as chic and classy since the original and V2 looks of Purple Heart and Black Heart. Part of the reason why I can stomach NEXT Purple is when she doesn't have all that extra frill attached to her she looks ordinary; albeit incredibly striking. Not to mention she reminds me something I'd see in Evangelion as a plug suit so bonus points for that.

Funny you mention NEXT White, as I was typing my previous post, I was thinking the same thing. :lol: NEXT was a cool idea imo, but design wise, and gameplay wise, I don't really think they lived up to what they could have been. I found myself almost never using them in my playthrough of VII. Regardless of my opinion of them, I am curious to see how Vertex's NEXT Purple figure will turn out. There is a fair amount they could do with it and I'm hoping it turns out nice. ^^

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:15 am

Magician_Type_0 wrote:They're too flashy and extravagant to the point of of looking absurd in some cases, *cough* NEXT White Heart.

Never forget the nipple spoons.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Trust me, I try to forget them. Granted that's not all in that attire of hers that needs fixing.

I have yet to play V2, it's third in line in my game queue so I'll get around to it probably in the next two months or so.

I too am really intrigued at the VERTEX figure of NEXT Purple. I don't own a VERTEX figure so I can't see or comment on their quality. It'll have to blow my socks off though considering I'm on a figure buying freeze. I only have one figure on pre-order at the moment, only on the sheer principle that it appeals to my tastes and features one of my favorite characters from a particular anime. Speaking of Purple Heart, I'm going to have to pass on WING's Dress ver. of her. Hopefully WING will pick up the Purple Sister that goes with that iconic image of Purple Heart.

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:Trust me, I try to forget them. Granted that's not all in that attire of hers that needs fixing.

I have yet to play V2, it's third in line in my game queue so I'll get around to it probably in the next two months or so.

I too am really intrigued at the VERTEX figure of NEXT Purple. I don't own a VERTEX figure so I can't see or comment on their quality. It'll have to blow my socks off though considering I'm on a figure buying freeze. I only have one figure on pre-order at the moment, only on the sheer principle that it appeals to my tastes and features one of my favorite characters from a particular anime. Speaking of Purple Heart, I'm going to have to pass on WING's Dress ver. of her. Hopefully WING will pick up the Purple Sister that goes with that iconic image of Purple Heart.

You aren't alone there....I really love the art that inspired Wings's figure. Having Nepgear paired with her would be an insta-buy for me. Not just because of that, but because the only other Nepgear scale is at absolutely insane prices in the aftermarket. Would love to have her and Uni, but sadly I don't think I'll ever get them. I can't really justify spending near $300 for one figure, let alone two. Let's hope that Wing does decide to make Purple Sister Dress ver. I'd like to see some other characters besides Neptune/Purple Heart and Noire in the near future.

Magician_Type_0
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Magician_Type_0 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Keelloo17 wrote:
Magician_Type_0 wrote:Trust me, I try to forget them. Granted that's not all in that attire of hers that needs fixing.

You aren't alone there....I really love the art that inspired Wings's figure. Having Nepgear paired with her would be an insta-buy for me. Not just because of that, but because the only other Nepgear scale is at absolutely insane prices in the aftermarket. Would love to have her and Uni, but sadly I don't think I'll ever get them. I can't really justify spending near $300 for one figure, let alone two. Let's hope that Wing does decide to make Purple Sister Dress ver. I'd like to see some other characters besides Neptune/Purple Heart and Noire in the near future.

I heavily approve of your tastes!

Wait, what? The Nepgear from Broccoli is worth that much all of a sudden? Holy smokes, yes it is. When on Earth did this happen?

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Magician_Type_0 wrote:
I heavily approve of your tastes!

Wait, what? The Nepgear from Broccoli is worth that much all of a sudden? Holy smokes, yes it is. When on Earth did this happen?

Thanks! And with regards to Nepgear, I wouldn't know. Ever since I started to browse, I've noticed she is extremely pricy. Ranged from roughly $300 to over $400 depending on where you look. That's a crazy price jump! Perhaps she and Uni were rather limited in production? Even so, I would not have believed they would have jumped THAT high. Guess my only chance is to cross my fingers she shows up on Mandarake for an affordable price. Pipe dream, but I can hope.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Sat May 07, 2016 1:00 am

what nepgear are you referring to?
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Keelloo17
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Keelloo17 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:25 am

My1xT wrote:what nepgear are you referring to?

This is the figure itself. It's a Nepgear 1/8 scale.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/196272

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”