What is Criminal Girls 2 PEGI age rating?

density
Vassal
Vassal

What is Criminal Girls 2 PEGI age rating?

Postby density » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi there. I've noticed that the PEGI age rating of Criminal girls seems to be inconsistent in different communications, some places say it's 16, and some places say it's 18. Which is it?

Also why is the age rating listed differently in different places? Did you get the game rated by PEGI twice or something?

For example your store says 18+
Amazonsays that it's18+ in the description, but shows 16+ in the standard edition image. (Limited edition image shows 18+)
On this trailer that you released a few days ago it says 16+ and shows an image of 16+ on the box.

So what's the deal with that? I'm assuming that it's actually 18+ seeing as that's what it says in most places, unless maybe you resubmitted it and 16+ is a newer rating? (Or unless one of the ratings shown is simply a communications mistake)

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: What is Criminal Girls 2 PEGI age rating?

Postby Rednal » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:48 pm

Yeah, it's probably 18+. They mention that below, too.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:00 am

The game's official PEGI rating is 16. I'm unsure as to why Amazon is wrong...they were probably just using an estimated rating and didn't update it yet.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

density
Vassal
Vassal

Postby density » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:29 pm

It's not just amazon, it's also on your own store (i remember first seeing the 18+ rating on a Facebook post by nisa a good while back), I see it on shopto.net too.

I haven't looked at any other sites.

If the official rating is 16 that just makes it stranger.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:39 pm

http://store.nisaeurope.com/collections ... ag-edition

I agree kinda weird :S maybe it was just a placeholder.

density
Vassal
Vassal

Postby density » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:40 am

Seems like they put it down to 16 on the EU store now. Not a good sign for how badly censored this is if the rating has been reduced to 16 in EU. The first game was 18+ here.

This makes me very suspicious as to how the rating had been 18 for so long and suddenly seems to be 16 now.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:47 pm

density wrote:Seems like they put it down to 16 on the EU store now. Not a good sign for how badly censored this is if the rating has been reduced to 16 in EU. The first game was 18+ here.

This makes me very suspicious as to how the rating had been 18 for so long and suddenly seems to be 16 now.

It probably just means that the redrawn art is more tactful than what the smoke was. Also, it could also potentially be that some of the topics covered in the girls stories might be less dark in general, depending on where they decided to go with the tone of it. There are really a number of different factors why one game in a franchise would receive a lower rating than the previous game, really.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”