General Neptunia Discussion

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
Xander Xan678
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: General Neptunia Discussion

Postby Xander Xan678 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 am

Porecomesis wrote:
xizro345 wrote:However, recently the "Chaos Energy" has begun to spread, corrupting people and undermining the balance of the world. A "certain girl", Yurina (the new main character) has undertaken the duty to save the world from Chaos Energy by collecting "gold pieces". During her journey she meets "someone called Neptune" and due to a misunderstanding the two end up fighting each other. However, during the fight Yurina's gold pieces start to shine...

So this basically means at least White Heart, Black Heart, and Purple Sister will become evil at some stage, at the mercy of some evil power. From getting captured in mk2, captured again in Victory, captured yet again in the anime, captured once more in VII, and God knows what happens to them in the spinoffs, the CPUs do not have a reliable reputation. Now even Purple Sister, professional CPU rescuer, is joining them; they might as well give up.

Glad someone remembers that Nepgear rescued the CPUs many times already, since that the fandom tends to FORGET about it

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:45 am

Xander Xan678 wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:
xizro345 wrote:However, recently the "Chaos Energy" has begun to spread, corrupting people and undermining the balance of the world. A "certain girl", Yurina (the new main character) has undertaken the duty to save the world from Chaos Energy by collecting "gold pieces". During her journey she meets "someone called Neptune" and due to a misunderstanding the two end up fighting each other. However, during the fight Yurina's gold pieces start to shine...

So this basically means at least White Heart, Black Heart, and Purple Sister will become evil at some stage, at the mercy of some evil power. From getting captured in mk2, captured again in Victory, captured yet again in the anime, captured once more in VII, and God knows what happens to them in the spinoffs, the CPUs do not have a reliable reputation. Now even Purple Sister, professional CPU rescuer, is joining them; they might as well give up.

Glad someone remembers that Nepgear rescued the CPUs many times already, since that the fandom tends to FORGET about it

This "fandom" tends to forget or blatantly ignore many things regarding the series. Then again, considering how much they all like twisting the characters to be whatever the heck they want...it's no surprise.

Though that can be said about many "fandoms" I suppose.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:29 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:
Xander Xan678 wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:

This "fandom" tends to forget or blatantly ignore many things regarding the series.

Like that time in the first game where Neptune and IF were fighting over a guy.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 am

Alantor2013 wrote:The Nep Connect card game sounds a bit interesting, though I wish it was a crossover RPG like Cross Edge. But we still haven't heard anything about that Cyber Dimension Neptunia Online game that is supposed to be based on Dot Hack and SAO. CH has been awfully quiet about that game. :\

Right now it's too early to tell if it's based on anything. Aside that, they announced it way early, since they have shown off only the rough sketches of most characters.

StratusAsterion
Peon
Peon

Postby StratusAsterion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Longtime lurker first time poster and lover of the Neptunia series. Reason for my post is a question, we have confirmation of Chaos Black Heart, White Heart & Purple Sister, but is this not White Sister Ram as well?

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Lol at that cropped pic of mine 4 pages ago.

Also, welcome to the posting world Stratus! :)
That lassie might actually be little ol' Ram, now that I look closely at it...

--sigh--

CH is gonna make her look like a stripper too, aren't they?
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Lan-kun wrote:--sigh--

It's only natural. :P
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Xander Xan678
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Xander Xan678 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:53 pm

.... But Iris Heart isn evil.......ish

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:11 am

Lan-kun wrote:--sigh--

Don't kid yourself, Lanny-boy; they always looked like strippers. All of them.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:56 am

Really now? Strippers?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised with that coming out of this community.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:23 am

shadowmaksim wrote:Really now? Strippers?

Don't worry about the "now", mate; I thought of it from the very first game.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:31 am

Porecomesis wrote:

Considering how much you've disliked the series from nearly day one, I'm not surprised in the slightest. If anything, you've probably got numerous far worse things to call the entirety of the cast at this point.

Also, I"m not your "mate" so please don't act like I am, even jokingly.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:19 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:

Considering how much you've disliked the series from nearly day one, I'm not surprised in the slightest. If anything, you've probably got numerous far worse things to call the entirety of the cast at this point.

Also, I"m not your "mate" so please don't act like I am, even jokingly.

shadow, as a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! in spite of the many flaws, including how Arc-V is going (Jaysis begora, at least Neptunia was consistent...), let me give you some advice:

Lighten up. The series isn't perfect—no series even is—so don't let criticism get to you. Don't even let the jokes get to you. They're not insults directed at you; there's no need to take them so personally. Hell, the jokes are something to be taken in stride... although there are very few jokes about Neptunia, apart from the game-sponsored ones of every Nep pun you can think of (apart from Nepustle, Neparasite, NepissoffbeforeIclockyouovertheheadwiththreevinylfigurinesstrappedtogether, and so on), Thunder Tits, Nisa being flat, and yeah. Point still stands, though.

Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:07 am

Porecomesis wrote:The series isn't perfect—no series even is—so don't let criticism get to you. Don't even let the jokes get to you. They're not insults directed at you; there's no need to take them so personally. Hell, the jokes are something to be taken in stride...

You're kind of off with your assumptions there.

Where did I ever say or claim to the contrary of any of that? I actually know and/or agree with some of this. The series isn't perfect, or flawed severely in a lot of ways to put it better, yeah. Criticisms are directed toward the game and not as insults towards me personally, yeah. Jokes are just jokes, yeah (though that doesn't mean I don't like them any less).

Though if that's what you want to believe of me...feel free.

...let me give you some advice:

Lighten up.

No thanks. I'm perfectly fine with disliking the entire community surrounding the series. Being a killjoy is kind of my thing now apparently.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:37 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:The series isn't perfect—no series even is—so don't let criticism get to you. Don't even let the jokes get to you. They're not insults directed at you; there's no need to take them so personally. Hell, the jokes are something to be taken in stride...

You're kind of off with your assumptions there.

Where did I ever say or claim to the contrary of any of that? I actually know and/or agree with some of this. The series isn't perfect, or flawed severely in a lot of ways to put it better, yeah. Criticisms are directed toward the game and not as insults towards me personally, yeah. Jokes are just jokes, yeah (though that doesn't mean I don't like them any less).

Though if that's what you want to believe of me...feel free.

Hm. I apologise, then; with how defensive and reserved you become when people begin lambasting Neptunia, I was under the impression you took it personally that it happened. Sorry. Mind telling me exactly what the problem is, then? What does the community do that bothers you?

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”