Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm

RandomR wrote:Yes, well to be fair they did say it would affect only the retail copies in their blog

means that the title will not be advertised or sold at retail in Germany.

http://www.nisamerica.com/blog/criminal ... ity-update

then again the pegi version of the game seems to available in some stores so if people want it physical they can get it

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/Off ... -vita.html

https://geizhals.de/criminal-girls-2-pa ... 57853.html

I find it all highly amusing

Wow...
Yeah, you kinda can't help but wanna roll your eyes at that info...

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:52 am

It appears that's been taken down from the german PSN, guess it was a mistake.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

I haven't been by in a while, sorry about that everyone! Been very busy here at the office, and we're one week out from the US release! Woo!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote: ...we're one week out from the US release! Woo!

I was literally about to mention that too.
Anyways, while it it annoys me to no end that it released on time in EU, I'm still pretty excited!

----- ----
Also, Rednal put up a review thread (for anyone curious).
Check it out for an "at a glance" view on how the game is doing.
Overwhelmingly positive by the looks of things with very few low scores and the majority scoring above average to very good.

Awesome news all things considered.

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:I haven't been by in a while, sorry about that everyone! Been very busy here at the office, and we're one week out from the US release! Woo!

Welcome back, by the way, out of curiosity, what are the other projects you've worked on/you're working on (among the announced games) as an editor apart CG2 and UDG?

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:56 pm

RandomR wrote:Welcome back, by the way, out of curiosity, what are the other projects you've worked on/you're working on (among the announced games) as an editor apart CG2 and UDG?

So far my credits include (in no particular order):
Criminal Girls (co-editor)
Nagi-Asu (co-editor)
The Love Live! Movie
Stranger of Sword City
Chronicles of the Going Home Club
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Criminal Girls 2
If Her Flag Breaks
Yomawari: Night Alone
The Longest Five Minutes
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
RandomR wrote:Welcome back, by the way, out of curiosity, what are the other projects you've worked on/you're working on (among the announced games) as an editor apart CG2 and UDG?

So far my credits include (in no particular order):
Criminal Girls (co-editor)
Nagi-Asu (co-editor)
The Love Live! Movie
Stranger of Sword City
Chronicles of the Going Home Club
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Criminal Girls 2
If Her Flag Breaks
Yomawari: Night Alone
The Longest Five Minutes

Hoh?
Not a bad list...
I'm a fan of quite a few of these titles.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Gaworare is pretty rad.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Got another question for you Prinny Supervisor, this is less CG2 related and more "general", (also it is probably silly).
I wondering as an editor when it comes of the fonts for the games you work on, do you get to decide whicever font you think it's best for the game/situation in the game (maybe with guidelines) or are you given a few options to choose from? Or maybe no option at all? Is it on a game by game basis?

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:57 pm

RandomR wrote:Got another question for you Prinny Supervisor, this is less CG2 related and more "general", (also it is probably silly).
I wondering as an editor when it comes of the fonts for the games you work on, do you get to decide whicever font you think it's best for the game/situation in the game (maybe with guidelines) or are you given a few options to choose from? Or maybe no option at all? Is it on a game by game basis?

It's a game-by-game basis. Sometimes we have control over the fonts, other times it's entirely up to the devs. Criminal Girls font, for example, was locked in, and there wasn't much we could do about it other than tell the devs to fix spacing/kerning. For Criminal Girls 2, we specifically requested that the devs use some fonts that one of our design team members and I chose (and I think it turned out great!).

We consider the theme and overall UX of the game as well. For the upcoming TL5M, the fonts being used are nearly identical to the fonts from early Dragon Quest/Warrior and Final Fantasy games. They should feel pretty nostalgic!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:04 pm

Nice to know, was actually planning on getting TL5M (Yomawari too)

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:25 pm

Received my party favors edition today.

Hey Prinny, maybe you could clear something up, it looks like lewdgamer has stated that Criminal Girls 2 will not be coming to PC, but I can't see that anywhere in your guys press release they linked to. It just announces current titles.

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2016/10/11/cr ... nly-steam/ (very much NSFW)

Criminal Girls: Invite Only, Not 2, Is Coming to Steam

One additional piece of feedback I want to give, again. I see the Criminal Girls Invite Only page is open on Steam. I realize the game is probably already close to being "GM" quality if not already, but I definitely think NISA needs to invest in a post-launch patch that will enable the censored content. I realize I don't know the inner workings of NISA, but I do have a decent idea of how a marketing team works. I can't imagine the marketing team at NISA would willingly open themselves up to being slandered by fans and haters alike by allowing this product to release in a censored state when PC gamers are quite possibly the most picky people in gaming.

Is there anybody I can contact to help support any uncensored release of either or both games on PC? I would love to get my voice heard directly by the people making these decisions.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:42 pm

Well, the LE finally arrived in the mail. Unfortunately, I won't be getting to it just yet as I want to finish playing the game I'm currently playing...which looks to still be for a while it seems. But it's definitely up next in the queue to play.

I went ahead and skimmed through the artbook, skipping the pages with the knight outfits as I want those revealed to me in the game itself. As always, some of the conceptual designs were interesting, some I think I liked more than the final designs even. Other than that, there was the usual stuff you'd expect in these kinds of artbooks.

Also, I saw that little jab in there. I guess whoever put it together wanted to have a little vent-y fun.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Loving the game so far, some really funny moments in that first hour!

Oh, Lily...

knightnightmare
Majin
Majin

Postby knightnightmare » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:00 pm

razisgosu wrote:Received my party favors edition today.

Hey Prinny, maybe you could clear something up, it looks like lewdgamer has stated that Criminal Girls 2 will not be coming to PC, but I can't see that anywhere in your guys press release they linked to. It just announces current titles.

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2016/10/11/cr ... nly-steam/ (very much NSFW)

Criminal Girls: Invite Only, Not 2, Is Coming to Steam

One additional piece of feedback I want to give, again. I see the Criminal Girls Invite Only page is open on Steam. I realize the game is probably already close to being "GM" quality if not already, but I definitely think NISA needs to invest in a post-launch patch that will enable the censored content. I realize I don't know the inner workings of NISA, but I do have a decent idea of how a marketing team works. I can't imagine the marketing team at NISA would willingly open themselves up to being slandered by fans and haters alike by allowing this product to release in a censored state when PC gamers are quite possibly the most picky people in gaming.

Is there anybody I can contact to help support any uncensored release of either or both games on PC? I would love to get my voice heard directly by the people making these decisions.

They really need to listen to us on this. Mugen Souls Z has sold around 2K with a launch discount this far. http://steamspy.com/app/466920
Steam users have little tolerance for censorship.
The closer your go towards the light, the darker you shadow becomes.

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”