Not entirely.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Neptunia Fanfic Thread

Postby Lan-kun » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 am

How so?
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:42 am

Lan-kun wrote:Image

How so?

Sorry, got lost in my own thoughts. Unrelated to logging in, don't worry. I am pretty lucky in that regard, I guess.

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
Lan-kun wrote:Image

How so?

Sorry, got lost in my own thoughts. Unrelated to logging in, don't worry. I am pretty lucky in that regard, I guess.

ↀ Д ↀ
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Check out my profile for my fanfics:
Umi's Proile

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:39 am

Alright, lads, allow me to lay some advice on you. As you know, I have a habit for hiatuses. My dad, who's never written a creative word in his life, gave me this advice:

My awesome dad wrote:Try to write at least one line a night.

That's it. That's the extent of his advice. But it works! Just one line, at the very least. Because you know what a hiatus can be like. It can build like you would not believe. But if you're writing at least something each night, you're making progress. So just make the effort to write at least one line a night.

But that's not all. See, I have this app called Pomodoro. What it does is you set yourself a task, press START, and then Pomodoro counts down 15/25 minutes, all the while ticking. It actually really helps. I got 800 words done tonight alone with just 25 minutes. I need to use it more often when I'm not suffering from complete emotional exhaustion even though I really have no right to and Ghostdominion6 has got it much worse butanyway Pomodoro is legit. It's named after a legitimate thing, too.

P.S.: I hate coming up with ideas I'm never going to write.

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Porecomesis wrote:Alright, lads, allow me to lay some advice on you. As you know, I have a habit for hiatuses. My dad, who's never written a creative word in his life, gave me this advice:

My awesome dad wrote:Try to write at least one line a night.

That's it. That's the extent of his advice. But it works! Just one line, at the very least. Because you know what a hiatus can be like. It can build like you would not believe. But if you're writing at least something each night, you're making progress. So just make the effort to write at least one line a night.

But that's not all. See, I have this app called Pomodoro. What it does is you set yourself a task, press START, and then Pomodoro counts down 15/25 minutes, all the while ticking. It actually really helps. I got 800 words done tonight alone with just 25 minutes. I need to use it more often when I'm not suffering from complete emotional exhaustion even though I really have no right to and Ghostdominion6 has got it much worse butanyway Pomodoro is legit. It's named after a legitimate thing, too.

P.S.: I hate coming up with ideas I'm never going to write.

You could also make a list of ideas, so whenever you get out of hiatus and you get motivation, you'll have some things to work with.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Kaiyo No Umi wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:P.S.: I hate coming up with ideas I'm never going to write.

You could also make a list of ideas, so whenever you get out of hiatus and you get motivation, you'll have some things to work with.

The thing's a bit more complicated than that. See, when I finish Hyperdimension Neptunia is Real!, I'm going to move onto writing original works. I already have some stuff planned. Hence, coming up with Neptunia plot bunnies is torture. This also applies to the three sequels that occasionally pop into my head.

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
Kaiyo No Umi wrote:

The thing's a bit more complicated than that. See, when I finish Hyperdimension Neptunia is Real!, I'm going to move onto writing original works. I already have some stuff planned. Hence, coming up with Neptunia plot bunnies is torture. This also applies to the three sequels that occasionally pop into my head.

Yeah, I feel you. Sometimes thinking up of plot bunnies is a real pain, but you know that they say "Write it out." Well, I wish you luck in writing that original work!
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:36 am

Porecomesis wrote:
Kaiyo No Umi wrote:

Wowzers, original works...we have nearly the same situation, Pore. I can't stop thinking about original content that strays so very, very far from the Neps whenever I write my chapter drafts or do some planning for my fics.

Case in point, I already have the plot of an original (in whatever sense of the word) story and some other stuff raring to be expanded upon if I ever feel like it's time for me to stop dabbling in the world of Gamindustri.

...Perchance we can discuss about our stories if given the time? :3
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:40 am

Lan-kun wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:
Kaiyo No Umi wrote:

Wowzers, original works...we have nearly the same situation, Pore. I can't stop thinking about original content that strays so very, very far from the Neps whenever I write my chapter drafts or do some planning for my fics.

Case in point, I already have the plot of an original (in whatever sense of the word) story and some other stuff raring to be expanded upon if I ever feel like it's time for me to stop dabbling in the world of Gamindustri.

Sure. Got Discord?

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:07 am

As of me writing this, no. I am going to fix that later in the day however...since I have school today. I'll shoot ya a PM once I get Discord set up and ready for a test run.

Oh, and I'll have you know in advance: I do not and will not sound remotely close to my online self. I'll also probably (most likely) stumble over my words while talking due to me resisting the urge to speak Tagalog outright. :lol:
Spoiler:

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 am

Lan-kun wrote:As of me writing this, no. I am going to fix that later in the day however...since I have school today. I'll shoot ya a PM once I get Discord set up and ready for a test run.

Oh, and I'll have you know in advance: I do not and will not sound remotely close to my online self. I'll also probably (most likely) stumble over my words while talking due to me resisting the urge to speak Tagalog outright. :lol:

'tis fine. I don't even use speak anyway. I just type.

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:22 am

Porecomesis wrote:
Lan-kun wrote:As of me writing this, no. I am going to fix that later in the day however...since I have school today. I'll shoot ya a PM once I get Discord set up and ready for a test run.

'tis fine. I don't even use speak anyway. I just type.

Ah, I see. No worries then. :lol:
Spoiler:

Kaiyo No Umi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Kaiyo No Umi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:37 am

Lan-kun wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:
Kaiyo No Umi wrote:

In all honesty, I did the opposite of what Pore is doing. I started doing original works first, but I couldn't do it well. Instead, I moved over to fanfics.

In fact, the remnants of my original work was reused to create The Quartet.
I'm a Nep-Nep writer!

Umi's Proile

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:38 pm

From crappy "OCs are inserted into mk2/Re;Birth2's plot" fic to weird, crappy way of venting out my problems with said fic...

...What a transformation, if I do say so myself. Next chapter will be its absolute last...and it'll be posted on the day it was first published on FF.net two whole years ago. Time really flies, hahah...

Ha...

But yeah...my next main fic will be more bearable to read and it will have an actual story to tell this time. Look forward to it, I guess?

Spoiler:
pssst...it's a fantasy nep fic, btw.
Spoiler:

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”