BRS The Game port possible?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

BRS The Game port possible?

Postby Meganus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:48 pm

As we all know, this game is being worked on but things are going slowly for reasons that cannot be divulged. With that said, it has indeed been a long time, and the PSP isn't in the best of states to receive new games (yes, you can download it on a Vita, but it very likely won't bring in as many sales as it could have a couple years ago due to potentially being overshadowed or overlooked), so why not give this game a pretty straight port? Before continuing, I'm not quite sure of all the logistics involved with a port, but regardless, I think it'd be a cool thing if this game was also ported to the 3DS. The game would lend itself well to the stylus-reticle control style that games like Kid Icarus Uprising use and even 3D if you guys had the chance to do it. Assuming that a cost of a port to 3DS isn't too expensive, I think that having this port could potentially lead to some decent extra sales. Of course, it could also be offered as a downloadable title only if that is your choice. Having both PSP and 3DS versions would allow for both current handheld consoles to be able to play the game and ideally hence capture a larger market with the game.

Any thoughts on this? Would it hurt the game's chances of finally being released? Would it improve the chances since it would be releasing on a current handheld?

Basically I just want the Figma/Collector's/Limited Edition to be released here... :D If it were released on 3DS I'd definitely get that version, but if not, my brother has a PSP that I could borrow so that's not much of a problem. But I'm afraid if the LE doesn't come over, unless the game is priced well, I'd probably skip out on the game until a sale or something. The LE is just too good not to bring over!

And yes, I did just make an account because the poor BRS board has been really quiet and I felt like sharing an idea (that could help get the Figma out sooner) that could help get this game out soon (I do quite want to play the game as well though).

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: BRS The Game port possible?

Postby vampko » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Meganus wrote:The game would lend itself well to the stylus-reticle control style that games like Kid Icarus Uprising use and even 3D if you guys had the chance to do it.

I feel like you haven't played the game. Cause this statement really doesn't seem like it's true at all. It would lend itself pretty well to the Vita, but it's already been said nothing's being changed about this game and it's not getting ported.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Meganus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Ya, I remember reading about no ports, but I still thought the possbility could potentially be fruitful (maybe even to iOS if they thought that would work and be beneficial). And of course I haven't played the game, that's one of the main reasons why I'm interested in it being brought here. But I have watched some gameplay footage and from what I gathered there is at least an aiming mechanic involved, and that part would work well with stylus control (like it does for various DS/3DS FPSes or any game with reticle control). I'm pretty sure the game involves dodging/dashing via I assume d-pad and aiming via analog, though there does seem to be some auto aiming involved as well, so on 3DS it would be analog (or d-pad) to move around/dodge, L to shoot, and stylus to aim and touch screen for items and whatever else (again, I'm assuming these are roughly the controls involved in the game).

But ya, that's not to say it wouldn't work well on Vita (I don't have one, so I can't really think of how, though I assume you mean the touch screen or the dual analogs would be beneficial), but I'm certain people expect certain standards of graphics on Vita, whereas the 3DS, which is only a bit stronger than PSP, could probably take a straight port of the game and it would still look pretty decent for the system, especially if it was only downloadable.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 am

No, a port to the 3DS is not a possibility. The game will be released as is on the PSP, and that's all. Sorry :(

Meganus
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Meganus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Alright, that's cool. I'm still definitely looking forward to it and hopefully the Limited Edition too (speaking of which, any updates on the status of the LE?). Thanks for the reply Houk! :D

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Houk wrote:No, a port to the 3DS is not a possibility. The game will be released as is on the PSP, and that's all. Sorry :(

Oh brother. So no PC port, either, then?

Lord Gorchnik
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Lord Gorchnik » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:34 pm

LAMV wrote:
Houk wrote:No, a port to the 3DS is not a possibility. The game will be released as is on the PSP, and that's all. Sorry :(

Why in the world would you all even think there is going to be a PC port? For the love of God we haven't even received any news on this game for the PSP in close to what 15 months now? Maybe more. I lost track.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Lord Gorchnik wrote:
LAMV wrote:

Why in the world would you all even think there is going to be a PC port? For the love of God we haven't even received any news on this game for the PSP in close to what 15 months now? Maybe more. I lost track.

Because PSP is becoming more dead by the minute, yet Imagepooch/NISA/whoever's responsible keep putting it off. They better not complain if it sells like shit.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:19 pm

LAMV wrote:Because PSP is becoming more dead by the minute, yet Imagepooch/NISA/whoever's responsible keep putting it off. They better not complain if it sells like shit.

Sony made some deals with PSP publishing for America, and it's now easier and/or more profitable to publish PSP games for the PSN than it was in the past. That's why we'll be getting more PSP games in 2013 than in 2012. Even if it does sell like shit (which might not happen, since there'll be Vita-compatibility most likely), they may be getting more money from it than we think.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”