The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
SilentAegus
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: The CPU of Tari: Dev Project (Spoilers Ahead!)

Postby SilentAegus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Hmm...exactly what kinds of things do you need at the moment? I'll see what I can do. Moves you said, yes? But exactly which kinds are you looking for?

P.S. I hope I don't say this and proceed to contribute nothing. :lol:
Spoiler:

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 pm

All kinds. I figured we'd map out Rei's basic combos first (Rush/Power/Break Attacks), then her Ex Finishers, then some SP skills.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:44 pm

Excelsia wrote:...huh. I honestly thought more people would be interested in contributing ideas. I guess there aren't as many forumers who like Rei as I thought.

And thus, you know my annoyance at this community for not talking about best CPU enough.

As far as Combo Skills go, the stuff that you and Pore came up with are great. I particularly like the clumsy stuff and Azure Fangs. I've been weak on the brainstorming lately, but here's a Power move.

G-get away!
Becomes alarmed and pistol whips the enemy before quickly shooting it, causing knockback.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Excelsia wrote:All kinds. I figured we'd map out Rei's basic combos first (Rush/Power/Break Attacks), then her Ex Finishers, then some SP skills.

I think the problem is that people aren't exactly interested in combos and EX Finishers. They're more interested in the flashy stuff.

I had an idea for a joke villain a while back. His ultimate attack would be smashing his opponent into space with a tennis racket and then he'd use his arm to telekinetically control an arm-shaped satellite in space that would use its own tennis racket to slam the opponent back into the ground.

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Psh. Ex Finishers can be flashy. But yeah... that would be kind of disappointing.

I guess I'll wait until later tonight, and if still no one else has made any other suggestions for combo moves, I'll fill out the template with what we've come up with so far. I'd just kind of feel like I was monopolizing things since mine would be the only Rush/Break attacks.

Also. LolPore. That would be terribly amusing.

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Alrighty. Template has been updated with combo moves for human Rei.

Since there were plenty of power attacks, Pore and ArmedDragoon I hope you won't mind that I included Azure Fangs and G-Get Away! as break attacks instead. We barely had any breakers, eheh.

Next up on the agenda... Ex Finishers!
(Although if any newcomers have suggestions for combo moves, you're still more than welcome to contribute those as well.)

Each character has about eight of these, so that's how many we'll try for. If we can't think up that many, then that's fine. Also! Since each character has one or two battle quotes specific to each Ex Finisher, please feel free to include a battle quote along with your Ex Finisher suggestion(s).

Let's keep the good ideas flowing!

Some of my suggestions and a couple battle quotes for each.
Spoiler:
  • Photon Spread "I-I won't hold back!" & "I-I'm so sorry!"
    EXE Gauge: 1 | Type: Break
    Rei takes a cowardly hop backward and closes her eyes ( >_< ), arms recoiling as she awkwardly fires off five poorly aimed shots of high-energy photons in all directions, barely hitting the enemy.
  • Beam Oscillation "I'll vaporize you! W-Wait... what am I saying?" & "Waaah...! Hot hot hot~!"
    EXE Gauge: 2 | Type: Rush
    Rei braces herself and switches off her ray gun's limiter, holding both arms out in front of her and turning her head away as she fires off a searing, maximum charge beam of continuous crackling energy. Registers eight hits until the beam finally dissipates.
  • Overload "Th-This could be dangerous... Yeek~!" & "Kyaaaaa~!!"
    EXE Gauge: 3 | Type: Power
    Rei overclocks her ray gun and triggers a critical build-up of energy, then fires, discharging all at once in a huge spherical photonic burst, dealing massive damage to the enemy and blowing Rei backward onto her butt. Causes knockback.
Last edited by Excelsia on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neptunia Fan
Majin
Majin

Postby Neptunia Fan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Poisonous G-gun! Rei shoots 3 (poorly aimed) poisonous gun shots. Quote: I hope this will do something!
Physical Attacks are good, right? Rei slaps and kicks the enemy, falling down at the end and accidentally shooting 2 gun shots. Quote: Hit! Hit! Hit!
Umm... Her gun is building up a HUGE shot, and the enemy is SCREWED. It causes a big explosion, and lowered the enemy's Luck and Defense. Quote: Nononono!!
Uh oh!! Rei's gun isn't working (only for the EX finisher) so she get's SLIGHTLY angry and hits the enemy furiously, then falls down. Quote: My gun!

(By the way, i saw one your posts on the Corrupt a Wish topic. I want to help!) :D
Last edited by Neptunia Fan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I think we should make the quotes a bit shorter.

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:27 pm

They seem short enough. Unless you're under the impression that the ones I listed are single quotes. I listed two quotes for each Ex Finisher. Just like every other character, she wouldn't say the same one every time.

Also. Thanks for participating, N-Fan! Were all your suggestions for Ex Finishers? I only ask because you didn't specify. And if they are, how much EXE Gauge do they need?

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:15 pm

• Quick Draw "Don't fail me, please!" & "I learned this from an arcade!"
    EXE Gauge: 1 | Type: Rush
    Rei attempts to fire her gun like a Western cowboy but, on the eighth shot, she'd fumble and then drop the gun. She'd pick it up again, of course.
  • Beam Thrower "Grr..." & "Don't underestimate me!"
    EXE Gauge: 3 | Type: Power
    Rei builds up energy in her blaster and then fires it out, swaying it back and forth like a flamethrower. Her stance is primal and furious. Debuffs the enemy's VIT.

Also, for a fifth Rush attack:

• Pepper Spray
    Rei turns her head away and double-taps the enemy. The most basic of her Rush attacks.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:38 am

Wow, it's been a while. Looking quickly, I came up with some quotes:

HDD Activation:
  • "I c-can't waste any t-time!"
  • "I don't want to but if I have to...!"

Now, both of these actually play at different times. If the battle's gone on for a short while, the second quote will play instead. Same for the Activation Complete quotes:

Activation Complete:
  • "Your Armageddon has come!"
  • "... then I will bring you to ruin like all the rest!"

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 am

Ohhhhhhh... I didn't know something like this exsisted... It piques my interests and makes me wanna contribute :D

Spoiler:
Human Rei

SP Attack :

Cobalt Star

Type : Power
Damage : 260
SP Cost : 140
Hits : 6
Range : 4.0

“H-Here I go!” & “Sp-Special attack, go!”

Wielding her AXG-1 with both hands, Rei fires shot after shot, her target glowing more intensely per hit. Upon her fifth shot, the photons suddenly grow unstable, causing her target to explode in a blast of blue energy.

“Th-That was quite the show…”

Goddess Rei

SP Attack :

Ping! PONG!!!

Type : Power
Damage : 260
SP Cost : 140
Hits : 6
Range : 4.0

“Let’s play a game, shall we? Hahahahahahah!!!” & “This is simply a warm-up for me!!!”

Laughing maniacally, Rei lunges towards her target and with her staff, bats said target some meters away. Smirking, she quickly goes after the poor soul, smacking them into the opposite direction and repeats this one more time before executing a downward smash, slamming the target into the ground below.

“Heh.”

Amusing Truth : Atari is a Japanese verb that means "to hit the target". Atari/Rei + Ray Gun/AXG-1 = ? :lol:
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:54 pm

We should all pool our income to make a indie fan project. Rei needs her game! Right this instant!

Or not. But then again, nothing is started from nothing. This all be da teams massive efforts. Yesh.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

RipeWaifuPerson
Peon
Peon

Postby RipeWaifuPerson » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:49 am

I'm kind of new to this type of stuffs. But I do have a suggestion for an EXE Drive Move. Not sure what it should be called. But it's a comical one for Human Rei.

Rei just awkwardly walks in, Looking around and not looking where she's going. When she finally spots the enemy, She freaks out and accidentally smacks the enemy while reaching for her gun. She then shoots a very powerful blast that knocks her down on her butt.

If the enemy is still alive after said attack, She gets slightly frustrated and shoots a bit more. Then accidentally overheating the gun and causing it to turn into an explosive, Which she then throws. It detonates at the enemy, Causing a massive cloud of dust, Rei fanning out the dust while coughing and getting her gun back.

A few quotes would be "Eek!, "Ow~...Huh?" and "J-Just go away already!"

And an SP Skill of hers that would be ranged which I just thought of now would be her overclocking her gun and throwing it at the enemy, Like an explosive grenade.

Please don't hurt me, I'm new ;-;
I'd prefer if you'd go to my Steam Profile to contact me instead

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ripeinsertthinghere

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”